Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This arrived today from jadlam, just finished putting it together. 

IMG_20200504_211951.jpg

• Like 7

I’ve been watching this thread approach 1000 pages, Epic! since 2007 :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, J@mes said:

The lockdown has sped it up hasn't it?  In the last 6 weeks hobby shops must have been doing really well with a whole lot of people who are returning to the hobby, and posting on TamiyaClub - wonder if @netsmithUK can give any numbers on the number of new members during the lockdown vs the usual rate of new members?

And how many clubs out there are working out how to capitalise on the number of people with shiny new RC cars...

• Like 1

Roses are red
Violets are blue
The Mallards are approaching
And the Hornet has no clue
20200504-113530.jpg

Yay for page 1000 :lol:

• Like 10
  • Haha 7

9 hours ago, J@mes said:

What a cool legacy for badboy who started it off in the 1st place 👍

• Sad 1

On 5/4/2020 at 11:12 PM, Jonathon Gillham said:

The lockdown has sped it up hasn't it?  In the last 6 weeks hobby shops must have been doing really well with a whole lot of people who are returning to the hobby, and posting on TamiyaClub - wonder if @netsmithUK can give any numbers on the number of new members during the lockdown vs the usual rate of new members?

And how many clubs out there are working out how to capitalise on the number of people with shiny new RC cars...

The lockdown will spawn a whole new bunch of RC enthusiasts and another generation or 2 after that, where the kids have got involved- might even get them away from their games consoles 😳

As you say good for business owners small and large hopefully, clubs, forums  and maybe some future development 👍

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

What a cool legacy for badboy who started it off in the 1st place 👍

I just checked his page he hasn’t been here for over 3 years which is a shame

4 minutes ago, CoolHands said:

I just checked his page he hasn’t been here for over 3 years which is a shame

I’m pretty sure he passed away 😕

• Sad 3

Took the pumpkin for a run... Makes the mad bull look a bit shabby 😂

IMG_20200505_140320.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Paint came, so sprayed the red to finish my falcon, then decided to take a picture of my modest, yet fully working fleet.

M07 Car park racer. We chuck some carpet tiles down with a few mates for an hour, then go to the pub.

B6 Racer. Run on carpet at DMS Watford, and fail to keep up with @CoolHands

DT02 Basher. Started as a holiday buggy, to get the yellow wheels, then built it into tribute to my first Tamiya.

036E649F-C78B-4231-B91F-E750BF013767.thumb.jpeg.372aedc7358a253d3ab028d0816365bd.jpeg

34E4679E-E36D-41BE-B12A-0D63FDA3AF7D.jpeg

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Butler said:

B6 Racer. Run on carpet at DMS Watford

That's an inspired Hornet scheme... Somewhat better handling than the original I'd imagine! 

I painted the driver figure for my Grasshopper. I quite enjoyed it although I'm sure I could do a better job lol

54 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

That's an inspired Hornet scheme... Somewhat better handling than the original I'd imagine! 

Hard to tell with me driving it.

• Haha 2

I don't have any work to show on this page 1000th , just a thought for Badboy who left us... God bless you, Thomas and bless all the brothers we had to say goodbye. spacer.png

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

Yeah I looked him up on Facebook the 3wheeler group (bruiser etc) he started, and sadly you’re right. He was severely ill and yet from his posts on here you wouldn’t know it at all, his posts were all very upbeat.

Unwrapped then box I’ve had in the corner for 5 years. I will soon be making it I think

A3FD3D58-DE74-4EC4-87F1-EF1666B0363F.jpeg.648777be0569efdd7069269742554c72.jpeg

DCE1E9BF-BFFD-4C8D-98A7-07F7FF5B6C73.jpeg.a60d66696b7ece2e88210c0e91dc9d06.jpeg

7673504F-F696-4E01-A6CF-517821DF8397.jpeg.42586a6828ed9fc10feddf1ad18bab02.jpeg

• Like 4

Printed, cut and applied some more stickers. Think I have a problem :unsure:

20200505_213937

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, CoolHands said:

Unwrapped then box I’ve had in the corner for 5 years. I will soon be making it I think

Cool. I have a bruiser coming at some point. 

7 minutes ago, Butler said:

Cool. I have a bruiser coming at some point. 

It’s very big and heavy! I’m looking forward to it it’ll be a great build from reading other threads.

superluminal - it’s an tamiya F201 F1 car

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 5:12 PM, Jonathon Gillham said:

I’m looking through about half a dozen options for a new/re-re to build with my son and get back into RC, and I’ve spent the last hour looking through about half the hobby shops on the Internet it feels like, trying to find something in stock for a decent price.  
Edit: here in the US

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, retrotx said:

I’m looking through about half a dozen options for a new/re-re to Build with my son and get back into RC, and I’ve spent the last hour looking through about half the hobby shops on the Internet it feels like, trying to find something in stock for a decent price.  

Good luck with that, I like how you say "half a dozen options for A new/rere to build" (my emphasis), a long time member would say "I have half a dozen models in my cart and I'm waiting until I've had enough wine or I can get away with the delivery going unnoticed by the home office".

What models are you looking at?

• Haha 1