Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ran the Monster Beetle and B6D and true to form I need to order even more parts as the front arm on the B6D is a bit floppy. Should really make these shelfers.

Also made a start on the Super Astute and I'm really impressed. Finished bags A and B and the quality is great and it all goes together so well. I can see why the kits are so pricey, its a step up from the Top Force. My son tried to help but unfortuantely its not really a kit for a 6yo. Thinking a Hornet could be a good birthday present as I've never built one and he might be able to do more of the build.

• Like 3

Painted up the pilots for my 1/35th scale Hughes littlebirdF102A39A-6DE9-493A-AFFB-7A99A18901B2.jpeg.357c25a53dd337ca52bff6530c366321.jpeg3BC2001B-FDE3-44BD-B09D-867B3607944C.jpeg.d65f03a53301c739931f5b75fc13591f.jpegA7794858-F059-4DF0-AA8C-97452C41766F.jpeg.35e4e56c38863c7261a45028398be374.jpeg 

• Like 5

This bank holiday I spent Friday and some of Saturday out in the garden cutting back everything in sight with my new hedge trimmer (good lord, they're amazing aren't they! :P)  and then planting new stuff to replace the stuff I over trimmed. Unbeknown to me, during this time I managed to give myself a very red tribal stripe across my lower back (the tribe being that of "those who sunburn really easily and should know better by their age") so I spent the rest of the weekend sitting uncomfortably.

Soooo, I sent myself off to the garage for the remainder of the weekend and pootled in a vertical attitude to distract myself from the burning griddle mark on my back. To aid in this I finished up the rear lights for the Scorcher Rover. I toyed with the idea of using some trimmed Scorcher rear lights but I preferred the fact that these lay flat, so to give them a little more definition I scribed some lines into them to designate the different sections. A little tweak, but a good one I think. Next up was to make a windscreen, repaint the rear guard as I didn't like the colour, repositioned the motor up a bit and devised a away to fix it to the gearbox casing and assemble the interior and driver. Oh, and I made a dial and some switches for the dash. Nearly there!

IMG_1451 IMG_1444 IMG_1445 IMG_1446 IMG_1448 IMG_1449 IMG_1450

Following that I spent a few happy  hours sticking decals on a body for @acprc and then to finish off the productiveness of the weekend I completed the rebuild of the stadium truck I bought a while back.

It was an unknown entity I saw on ebay with no bids on it. It looked nicely made, I fancied a tinker with something new, so I put in a cheeky last second bid and got it for £20!

Upon receipt I did some digging and eventually by googling the lettering on the front tyres found it was a Team Academy RT Sport.

This is what it looked like when I bought it: 

s-l1600 (3) s-l1600 (4)

All I've done is strip it apart, give it a thorough clean, replace all the wrong screws (there were a lot of those) replace the bushes with bearings, stick a new motor on it, regrease everything, paint the wheels and buy some nice new schumacher mini dot rear tyres. It's missing a gear cover, so I might have to 3D print something for it.

IMG_1457 IMG_1456 IMG_1454 IMG_1452

I haven't decided what to do with it yet. I've got a spare Rock Socker body which I reckon should fit so at some point over the next 3 years it might get that stuck on it. Otherwise I might just sell it, although I don't get the impression there's a big market for these, so, we'll see.

• Like 11

Been to work, was given three "emergency" jobs, 2 of which didnt even have the decency to be in changed akitchen waste trap and back home again to wait for any other jobs. So currently sat with one eye on my phone and one eye on the street awaiting to see if Mr UPS man is going to bring me something nice

Replaced the shiny shelf wheels on the Wild One with its runner wheels, charged a battery, made a ramp, put the WO and MB in the van and went out :)

m2VXp3zxQpiwa52Bw0HfNw.md.jpg

IMG_5144.jpg

IMG_5240.jpg

• Like 12

Swapped out the Hobbywing 1060 and 21t double brushed for a Tble-02 and 13.5t Speed Passion Brushless in the FF-03. Experimented with a Lipo and the 1060 but it just wasted a load of power with wheelspin as its only FWD. The Tble-02 gives me much better controllable brakes and usable power with the brushless motor and a Nimh battery. I think it's a little bit quicker top end too. 

DSC_0033

Just waiting on some dual cardin drive shafts and some carbon reinforced parts for it. It's got the turning circle of an oil tanker with it set up to avoid massive chatter at too acute steering angles! Still mightily impressed with it however. 

• Like 4

Buttoned up the tamiya konghead.  Body shell tested me big time.  Decided to go dark metallic blue.  

2419715D-2AA1-4094-A64A-842E183221C8.jpeg

• Like 9

Finished the rebuild of my DT-03.

Only to destroy one of the pins in the 3Racing CVD's 20minutes later :rolleyes:

20200509_232448.thumb.jpg.17ef894a809350166fd96a05b3cccc13.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

Swapped out the Hobbywing 1060 and 21t double brushed for a Tble-02 and 13.5t Speed Passion Brushless in the FF-03. Experimented with a Lipo and the 1060 but it just wasted a load of power with wheelspin as its only FWD. The Tble-02 gives me much better controllable brakes and usable power with the brushless motor and a Nimh battery. I think it's a little bit quicker top end too. 

DSC_0033

Just waiting on some dual cardin drive shafts and some carbon reinforced parts for it. It's got the turning circle of an oil tanker with it set up to avoid massive chatter at too acute steering angles! Still mightily impressed with it however. 

Nice to see another FF rally car. It's a sweet rally runner isn't it. 

Hope to see more updates. Don't hesitate to ask questions or assistance if you may. :)

• Thanks 1

Taken my Hotshot 2 out for the first time in months. Is been in a box in bits until recently. Originally a rear drive cup snapped. Then I found the rear shock tower was cracked. It's now got a carbon fibre one. Then I round the rear gearbox had a crack. Finally got it back together a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 3

Took a walk down the beach a low tide, Perfect sand scorcher territory !

And posted a thread in the Wanted/Sales and Trades for some m01/m02 Parts I need.

• Like 1

Just had the pleasure of meeting  @jongrill here in NJ. And came away with a nib M06 VW bus. Nice to meet a fellow member and chat for a bit.

• Like 3

Made a bit of progress on the Blackfoot today,  only waiting on new front wheels to finish build. Also waiting on stickers from MCI, they were posted out a couple of weeks ago, has anyone in the UK received orders from them recently?

C85FF3B6-0D5B-4B1F-B80C-AEA987240646.jpeg

• Like 5

Masked and started painting my DF03 Team Azarashi shell. Completely missed some sections of the windows for masking :unsure: what a plum.

20200511_200413

Planning on doing the remainder in pearlescent white (once I get my can delivered). In the meantime I can't decide whether to try and blend blue into white (where the yellow circle is) or leave it as is.

Any opinions very welcome :)

• Like 2

Packed a box of 3 lots that sold on eBay to the same chap to send out tomorrow. 

10  cars left at the moment and less spares and surplus kit- much more space in my daughters wardrobe 😂

8 models now out on the display, 2 left to restore- comprising  5 vintage, 5 modern.

Happy dayz as they say 😊

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

@mman2005 looking forward to seeing this. Love Azarashi shells

Me too! :D initially I wanted it professionally painted but my expectations of a professional finish are too high and I couldn't find anyone I trusted. Going slightly different to what I wanted but fingers crossed I can pull it off. Will post an update once sprayed. I have some leonis stickers I am going to try and utilise. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

@mman2005 looking forward to seeing this. Love Azarashi shells

Also Cy, what do you think? Leave the blue with a crisp line from the bottom of where the vent will be (as it is now) or try and fade the blue along the top slightly into white?

6 minutes ago, mman2005 said:

Also Cy, what do you think? Leave the blue with a crisp line from the bottom of where the vent will be (as it is now) or try and fade the blue along the top slightly into white?

Oooo i don't know. I'd be terrified of trying a fade, but then i don't know how good a painter you are. The blue looks ace. 

5 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Oooo i don't know. I'd be terrified of trying a fade, but then i don't know how good a painter you are. The blue looks ace. 

I'm terrified as well :lol: I've not done it before and I know against the white it will look ugly if not done properly. I will ponder. Thanks for the input though. 

The blue is PS16 and then faded (hopefully) and backed with PS59.

• Like 1