Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Over a couple of days. Installed CVA shocks, YR motor mount, 13.5T brushless motor and 35T pinion. Unfortunately, 35T is too big so I get some binding. Will be bringing out the dremel to shave the plastic. ESC and solder wires next....

Looking at the pic, blue would have been nicer for the shocks but content with this choice.

spacer.png

Replaced the steering servo in my Pumpkin, last time out I clipped a kerb. Pulled the self tapper that hold the horn on right out. Looks like it's happened before as the plastic washer had been replaced for a standard 3mm steel one. It now got a metal geared servo. Swapped the Super Stock RZ motor from my Grasshopper 2 with the 27T Trinity in my Neo Top Force. Also swapped the ESC's over too and fitted 2.4ghz radio gear in the Neo. My only kit that didn't have it. 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2020 at 5:58 AM, Re-Bugged said:

...and went out :)

IMG_5144.jpg

What a beautiful picture!

On 5/11/2020 at 3:00 PM, Kitzbuehel74 said:

Made a bit of progress on the Blackfoot today...

C85FF3B6-0D5B-4B1F-B80C-AEA987240646.jpeg

That's a very nice Blackfoot truck!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

He/she looks wide-eyed with wonder!

Me? That’s the look after I put a fast brushless in and go full throttle 🤣

• Haha 2

Ghetto fitted some body mounts to a half naked Javelin using bits and bobs to hand, a bit of job creation if you like playing around with what I have. 
The front post is a Blitzer Beetle post attached to a TA02 shock mount Zippy tied on. The rear is some hardware from the it’ll come in handy one day box.

679E0DA6-84E0-446F-9789-239FC6EA3521.jpg

9B8F5207-3222-4E8E-98A3-8CFF330907C6.jpg

So ladies & Gents, I present to you the Kyosho Scorcher.....

CE38C5D5-A699-4115-AFFC-DEF6D46AEDD5.jpg

14D78A19-9AE1-4FCE-BE1D-5ECFBD8730E0.jpg

Although this is just a temporary measure it turned  out to be a fun car in the Garden, handling beautifully 😁

http://839416F7-0CD1-4AF9-8C69-B574BC320330.jpg

• Like 15

I bought my shelf Queen Wild One downstairs with a view to putting the ESC back in and a Tamiya sport tuned motor in it this weekend. 

I also plan to pack and send out my Hilux to a TC member who has very kindly agreed to restore it.

I might even charge a few packs up and run a car as my wife keeps asking to ‘have a go’ 😳 this is almost guaranteed to end in tears (mine 😂) but what can you do? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

What a beautiful picture!

That's a very nice Blackfoot truck!

Thanks, I really like the way it looks without the main stickers, I might only use a few when they arrive

3 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

So ladies & Gents, I present to you the Kyosho Scorcher...

Epic. That is all. 😁

• Thanks 1

At the moment I am working on this:

2020-05-13_11-30-20

The driver figure I bought from @ChrisRx718 is being installed in a seat that I found ages ago in a Halfords bargain bin, being sold as a phone holder. He needed a bit of Dremel surgery to the nether regions, as well as some filler which is currently drying. When this is cured and shaped, he will have his arms attached, paint applied and a dashboard built in front of him. The completed cockpit module will then be installed in my G6-01 all terrain postal truck.

• Like 5

Had a bit of fun with the Mad Bull. Mad Bull Fury Road?

7CB06A38-300F-4FBC-9C35-DBDCE3162BFD.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Scouser said:

Had a bit of fun with the Mad Bull. Mad Bull Fury Road?

7CB06A38-300F-4FBC-9C35-DBDCE3162BFD.jpeg

I totally love this!! So cool! :wub:

• Like 1

Fitted new wheels/tyres, ally steering rack, u/j drive shafts and 55 turn motor..quick 5 minutes in garden to test and am much impressed with the changes. Tackled obstacles far better than in box built condition..

what to change next?

05D632B4-4D34-448E-AB4C-93CD7EC7AA5C.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Yoda67 said:

what to change next?

Well, it already appears capable of climbing vertically, so I can't think much else you'd want to achieve?!!

I put a small rim of Molotow chrome around the edge of my 934 wheels:

20200513_171425.jpg

• Like 4

Did some soldering today, soldered some bullit connectors and battery connector to my new esc and solder 2 connectors to my new batteries.

Install the esc in to my ta-03rs and fitted the reciever, so now the car is all done, gave it a little spin for a few minutes in the garden, I think this week I going to take it for a proper run.

49890625483_3301ea3ff3_c.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/11/2020 at 10:58 AM, Re-Bugged said:

IMG_5144.jpg

Looks like an excited puppy out for a walk!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A while ago I bought a couple of Rally bodies to fit on mt TT02-T chassis from L&L models. I got a Metro 6R4 and an RS200. I started with the RS200. I  never quite got the front wheel arches right but its ok. So today I ran it in the garden and realised how well it ran. Its only a torque tuned motor but thats ideal in a limited space. Decided to paint and finish the body. Sprayed it white overall backed with silver. came out ok. Also painted the roof pod the nearest blue I had as there is no sticker for this. Also did some black. This was done on the outside using the overspray film as a mask.IMG_1996.JPG.df0458e5b23fc0c784d2c883b80e8c74.JPGIMG_1997.JPG.7fe32ed55f761682952af545c7b9e48b.JPG

Then the stickers. Well they are not brilliant. The big side one I had to cut to get it even close to fitting. I also remembered @Problemchild had issue with background colours on the stickers. Well this one is the same. Fortunately the only one that really caused an issue was the number plaque on the doors, so I cut a square out of the blue so that it now had a whtie background. I think L&L have been a little loose with their pictures as all the stickers seem to have white back grounds where necessary. Its come out all right. Bit of a 5 yarder but for running in the garden and and some gravel tracks it'll do.

IMG_1998.JPG.6dcdfb0c4479fc4fd323ad4795019266.JPGIMG_1999.JPG.ca6689a747c52f9df8380fcb4820ae00.JPGIMG_2000.JPG.208dab5c00c3ede27d41ee222aa118ea.JPG

I have the rear spoiler to finish and also the Night pod that will be removable.

Just noticed a gaff. Sponsors (Pirelli) wont be please with my choice of tyres!!!

Edited by Busdriver
Gaff
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

The driver figure

Have you got his cat??:lol:

Searched more than 45 Minutes for an indicator lens of a Sand Scorcher which fell of the desk :angry: and found it. :)

• Like 2

@Busdriver I think you have made the best of that shell. It is a shame that they control freak/landl shells fall down on the finer details, especially the decals. A little more front bumper definition, some door shutlines and it would be epic.

I have the RS200 to go on a TB01. I have the drivers to go in it so considering a ‘privateer’ colour scheme as the Ford set isn’t to Tamiya standard.

Or just plain white Road going without the drivers, like the one I used to drool over in the local dealership while my Dad was getting his Sierra serviced.

• Thanks 1

Started bruiser. 
Anyone guess the movie?

4E89ABE0-9C42-42BE-9D67-809B4DF9CAEF.jpeg

1 minute ago, Butler said:

Started bruiser. 
Anyone guess the movie?

4E89ABE0-9C42-42BE-9D67-809B4DF9CAEF.jpeg

Back to the future?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Butler said:

Started bruiser.