Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where has your clear windscreen come from? I prefer that to the smoked ones with new kits.

I fitted a motor to my Wild One, I need to extend the motors leads to make it go, but it looks complete and I used parts I already had which is always nice. 

Just bought a skate board ramp for my daughter which looks like it could be fun for a RC car! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Where has your clear windscreen come from? I prefer that to the smoked ones with new kits.

This body will be a basher, so its from the HG P407 clone.

• Thanks 1

First post on here. Today I finished my new Terra Scorcher and drove it for the first time, A good day so far

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

@Busdriver I think you have made the best of that shell. It is a shame that they control freak/landl shells fall down on the finer details, especially the decals. A little more front bumper definition, some door shutlines and it would be epic.

I have the RS200 to go on a TB01. I have the drivers to go in it so considering a ‘privateer’ colour scheme as the Ford set isn’t to Tamiya standard.

Or just plain white Road going without the drivers, like the one I used to drool over in the local dealership while my Dad was getting his Sierra serviced.

If you google RS200 images in there is a stunning graphite grey 800hp road car. Stick a 10.5t brushless on 3S and away you go!!!!!!!

• Like 2

As the building work continues, at a slow pace i might add, i took delivery of some racking ordered from Amazon. As i've never been able to display my whole collection at once, i thought i build a couple and see what they look like. When they are all built, and the building is finished, i think they will work really well.

J

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Gave the ta-03rs porsche the first run of his life, it runs very nice, so after more then a year or so it is nice to have a street car again and do something different then running on the beach, I had a tt-01 and an xv-01 but sold both.

I have put a larger pulley on the rear and smaller on the front to overdrive the car, it helps alot with spinning out with  putting the power down from standing still and out of corners, my tt-01 and xv-01  where breaking out and spinning out when apply to much throttle this one not.

I have to repair a small crack in the body I ran at full speed over a twig.

49895137237_68b4229334_c.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, junkmunki said:

As the building work continues, at a slow pace i might add, i took delivery of some racking ordered from Amazon. As i've never been able to display my whole collection at once, i thought i build a couple and see what they look like. When they are all built, and the building is finished, i think they will work really well.

J

spacer.png

spacer.png

Funny enough, I ordered some very similar racking from Amazon myself last week.

Put it together last weekend and am quite pleased with it so far.

Just getting back into this hobby and a very long break.  I have a ton of paint and electronics on order but the shipping it taking forever to get here.  Was hoping for a break in the weather to get some primer on the Wild Willy body but we got rain all day today. 

IMG-1132.jpg

• Like 2

Two years ago I resurrected my vintage Monster Beetle with an ESC, MIP diff, sport tuned motor, new wheels and tyres, Ampro hubs and a Kamtec shell. All was well until last summer when my son drove into it into a tree and snapped the original chassis!
Yesterday I finally got round to rebuilding it into a new chassis along with an Ampro central mount for the servo.

I guess there’s probably less than 20% of the original kit left now. Shocks, some of the plastics, most of the screws and the servo and receiver being the main bits. Extending out the aerial still gives me a bit of the buzz of anticipation that I first felt in 1988!

CAB512B0-C82E-4D00-81A7-1EDB0B5FEC87.jpeg

86570241-EEA7-49E2-9EBC-3BD264B344C7.jpeg

3FD18FBC-7E3B-41C3-A1B2-B087A150BDA5.jpeg

50A7F767-040B-41A8-A96F-0E4FB629BB86.jpeg

• Like 7

Pulled the trigger on a Monster Beetle even though I still have a Boomerang to finish building and a bunch of other odds and ends to finish up. 

• Like 5

Decided to pull the firebolt out the Boomer, and go with the Goolrc, but my youngest couldn't help but get involved.

I have to lay on the floor to work at that level, (and need a hand to get back up!🙄), but she can crouch down, still feet flat, as only kids can! 😁

2020-05-14_07-35-21

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Decided to pull the firebolt out the Boomer, and go with the Goolrc, but my youngest couldn't help but get involved.

I have to lay on the floor to work at that level, (and need a hand to get back up!🙄), but she can crouch down, still feet flat, as only kids can! 😁

2020-05-14_07-35-21

I feel your pain!  My wife had a puzzle going on the dining room table and my son wanted to help with the Super Astute, so we used his little table.  He gave up after 10mins (and e-clips are nasty even when you're not 6) and I was left to complete the build on a tiny low table.  It stretched the build out for me at least, but still recovering!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, E28_M5 said:

Two years ago I resurrected my vintage Monster Beetle with an ESC, MIP diff, sport tuned motor, new wheels and tyres, Ampro hubs and a Kamtec shell. All was well until last summer when my son drove into it into a tree and snapped the original chassis!
Yesterday I finally got round to rebuilding it into a new chassis along with an Ampro central mount for the servo.

I guess there’s probably less than 20% of the original kit left now. Shocks, some of the plastics, most of the screws and the servo and receiver being the main bits. Extending out the aerial still gives me a bit of the buzz of anticipation that I first felt in 1988!

CAB512B0-C82E-4D00-81A7-1EDB0B5FEC87.jpeg

86570241-EEA7-49E2-9EBC-3BD264B344C7.jpeg

3FD18FBC-7E3B-41C3-A1B2-B087A150BDA5.jpeg

50A7F767-040B-41A8-A96F-0E4FB629BB86.jpeg

Nice car and nice seamaster 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My postman figure is getting closer to completion:

2020-05-15_12-09-54

As luck would have it, I have some dayglo TS paint left over from my Arta Garaiya wing and mirrors that should work well for his hi-viz vest.

• Like 4

On 5/13/2020 at 5:33 PM, ChrisRx718 said:

Well, it already appears capable of climbing vertically, so I can't think much else you'd want to achieve?!!

I put a small rim of Molotow chrome around the edge of my 934 wheels:

20200513_171425.jpg

I was surprised myself lol. Took it out today and had some fun on a local farm track, it was quite steep and rutted. Just a bit tricky downhill cos it wanted to roll

989B496F-FD04-47D9-A55B-8661CC8628E0.jpeg

• Like 1

In these lockdown times, we all know social distancing is important. 

This is why today I decided to set up the Big Boss for safe, contactless food delivery.

Lady Pistachia is very happy with the service so far.

20200514-191601.jpg

Took some time (not that long, actually) to get the Mallards aquainted with the noisy, bouncy moster truck. But once you bring out the food, everything is much easier to accept :lol:

20200515-112328.jpgExpression of interest...

20200515-113412.jpgSummoning up the courage...

20200515-112428.jpg ...and yum!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Recently I took delivery of a 1/35 Tamiya Sheridan. I may have mentioned at the time that what I really wanted was the 1/16th RC version. Well it may have been the Vodka but now have a confirmed order from Tamico for a full option RC Sheridan:D. Now there's another thread I can pester you on. I may have loads of questions:rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Packed a few bits and pieces to post out tomorrow.

Tried out my new battery charger.

Stupidly set fire to an ESC testing it 😳

Put radio gear in the Konghead for a little test drive in our back garden. 

• Like 1