Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

Was this taken in nj? Im from nj originally, now on long island

Yes. South Jersey. Voorhees area

23 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Did some more work on my G6-01 shell:

2020-05-19_12-05-43

Nearly done!

I don't understand much the vehicle itself, but I am very well impressed with your body job there. Your custom work AND paintjob is absolutely fantastic. There's a custom military vehicle that's been in my mind the last weeks and I just wish I had access to styrene sheets and cement like what you used in your truck there.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xaWkGIXOkXk/UI9x6esztoI/AAAAAAAACXE/44HgTFVawsg/s640/hats+off.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Finnsllc said:

Yes. South Jersey. Voorhees area

It looks like a rock quarry i used to go to in hunterdon county

Finally painted the Super Astute body and of course made a hash of it, despite it being a single colour.

Also sent my faulty ESC back to rcmart. A bit wary of it given the way postage is right now, cost $55 for tracked shipping but I didn't trust normal shipping with a $200 ESC at the moment. Best result would be it goes missing and they pay me $200 and I buy another locally with local support. RCMart is great but the returns are a pain.  I should probably start buying ESC locally instead.

• Sad 1

I finished my wr-02 left over build, if you like to see more pictures you can take a look at my little build thread,

49915054863_6ab19970a8_c.jpg

49915866862_04def96ba5_c.jpg

• Like 9

Built the gearbox for my Bruiser. I have 3 speeds, all neutral :wacko:

Investigation needed.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Swapped in a fresh motor in my Javelin. Some issues with fitment required use of the Dremel.

Not just today but over the last couple of weeks or so, I've reorganised the room I keep my cars in.

I've added some shelving units and a nice big workbench.

I didn't take any "before" pictures, mainly because it was barely possible to get in the door!

Now it looks like this...

cC-o63GKLBkkyaUTwW1lA1C2jhTpRk3nsblk4BZ2

S9QSRcDdodILH0HT98xOjcFQr7kwqCpPAR2z1a80

Still a bit more sorting to do and some bits to sell off but at least now I have somewhere to work that isn't a fold up table.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Hairyjon313 said:

Finished my Lunchbox ...

20200520_123913.jpg

Loving the colour combo on this! :wub:

• Like 1

I took my Super Champ off the shelf and fitted a used vintage front bumper as it had a black ReRe bumper and NOS front tyres from my stash as the ones fitted to it had started to perish. I’ll do the tyre lettering at the weekend when I have a bit more time.

A small brush and a baby wipe gave it a freshen up and it is ready to go back on shelf duty. 

I really like this car, it’s a runner with modernish electrics, sport tuned motor, ball diff and AS-12 servo. 

It’s not 100% vintage, but I do have the original speed controller and full Acoms set but I doubt it will ever be run by me or change beyond how it is now. 

image.jpg

• Like 11

I took my Ford Ranger off the shelf for a clean up as well tonight  and fitted the wire Ariel at the same time, I must have taken it off when I last moved and forgotten, but when I was selling off kit and cars I found it in my spares.

I’ve had this  Ranger for about 6 years having bought from a TC member and this particular model is one of my all time favourites.

It was built entirely out of new old stock at great expensive, over a period of time as the parts came up for sale.

The car has been dry built but it does has an MSC and full radio gear so in theory you could run it, it has also been painted and detailed to a high standard as well, it gives me a lot of pleasure owning it.

If I was being prissy I would have preferred the slightly earlier model and I would haven’t fitted the after market alloy parts, but I have learnt to like them as removing them would leave holes in the body and it does make it a little different to the other Rangers out there.

image.jpg

• Like 12

On 5/19/2020 at 3:41 AM, TurnipJF said:

Did some more work on my G6-01 shell:

2020-05-19_12-05-43

2020-05-19_12-04-52

Nearly done!

Postman Pat would be green with envy.

• Like 3

Couldnt wait so I`ve ordered an MF01 Jimny from Tamico and a set of bearings for it

• Like 1

Ordered a micro servo and motor for the 1/14th racer and tried to find a Nissan Titan in stock anywhere.....

8 hours ago, Hairyjon313 said:

Finished my Lunchbox ...

20200520_123913.jpg

I'm not a lunchie fan but that is sweet. :wub:

2 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

I took my Super Champ off the shelf [...]

image.jpg

That's a beautiful Super Champ! I always loved the Super Champ in black! (Always wanted mine to be black, so much I painted the rough Rider black when I had the chance to do it. I have a body ready to be painted now but going for blue. Already have it in red, but I'll be replacing as soon as the quarantine allows me to get some paint).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spent some hours last night doing some lettering and finishing the Ford driver.

Never excited about painting drivers, but fortunately the tires all look good in the end.

A8VEnLf.jpg

I was saving these Yokohama Geolandars for a TA-02 based custom that I plan to work on this this year. I'm about to make a deal with a friend abroad for a number of parts to start with.

Y'all stay safe and have a beautiful Thursday! :)

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

I took my Super Champ off the shelf and fitted a used vintage front bumper as it had a black ReRe bumper and NOS front tyres from my stash as the ones fitted to it had started to perish. I’ll do the tyre lettering at the weekend when I have a bit more time.

A small brush and a baby wipe gave it a freshen up and it is ready to go back on shelf duty. 

I really like this car, it’s a runner with modernish electrics, sport tuned motor, ball diff and AS-12 servo. 

It’s not 100% vintage, but I do have the original speed controller and full Acoms set but I doubt it will ever be run by me or change beyond how it is now. 

image.jpg

agree with @mongoose1983 this looks great in black and gets me thinking about my Fighting Buggy build to come

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Peter_B said:

S9QSRcDdodILH0HT98xOjcFQr7kwqCpPAR2z1a80

I've never been more envious of anything in my life than you having plastic containers that perfectly fit each vehicle.

• Haha 1

Started the super astute. Going to pause here as it’s late and the gearbox is next. Tires are fitted to rims but forgot I was going to use them. Oh well. Grip thumb is a good thing. Also built the shocks as to not have to stop the build tomorrow to do them. Hobby shops here in the states MAY be able to slowly open soon. As I need paint I’m hoping sooner than later. But decided to not order paint online as I have a few loose ends to tie up with some of the builds I’ve done lately. 

0F6B4AEE-1840-4820-AF8F-13CFE123CE9A.jpeg

• Like 2