Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Blista said:

I've never been more envious of anything in my life than you having plastic containers that perfectly fit each vehicle.

I laugh but was thinking the same thing...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blista said:

I've never been more envious of anything in my life than you having plastic containers that perfectly fit each vehicle.

Exactly this. Where did yours come from @Peter_B

I have a mixture of Really Useful Boxes and ones from Clas Ohlson bit just can't get it right.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

I have a mixture of Really Useful Boxes and ones from Clas Ohlson bit just can't get it right.

Are 'Really Useful Boxes' a thing or a nod to Thomas the Tank Engine?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Are 'Really Useful Boxes' a thing or a nod to Thomas the Tank Engine?

Actually a brand of boxes in the U.K., but also probably a nod to Thomas 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Most of them came from Tesco but they are by Wham (nothing to do with the 80's pop sensations though as far as I know).

They do various sizes, I have a mixture of lower profile (32 litre I think) for buggies and taller ones (can't remember the size) for King Yellow, Lunchbox etc. I also have another, in-between, size that houses a Wild Willy 2 quite nicely.

There are also a couple of Keter (I think) "crocodile" boxes that my Monster Beetle and Blackfoot live in.

In one of the pics, on a lower shelf, are some IKEA Samla (70 litre I think) boxes that are nice and low profile but big enough to hold 2 buggies side by side. If the sides were vertical instead of slightly angled I think I could get 3 buggies in them.

• Thanks 1

Fitted a roof rack with lights to my CC01 D90. Just need to sort a driver now

BDF2B270-FD46-4BCB-AB23-1E0F6DBB5936.jpeg

• Like 11

Replaced one broken steering knuckle on my Bullhead. And now I go for spin with it in my backyard.

Put a load of TT01 hop ups in the Trades section, and then got a great paint delivery from the postie so got to work on the driver figure for my DF03.

He's an Avante driver being converted into Ayrton Senna! I had to take quite a bit of material away behind his right shoulder to let the steering rod move freely, and trim away all the protrusions underneath to clear the prop shaft, but he fits with a bit of room to spare! 

Mixed X5 orange with a bit of X8 yellow (70/30) to get a close-ish match to PS Camel yellow, but it's looking alright so far. Waiting for the yellow to dry now.....

IMG_5434.thumb.jpeg.8754b070df6efaf15578e21f8d319b42.jpeg

• Like 10

Put the driver in my G6-01 and took it for a little test drive. 

All done now bar the decals!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Juhunio said:

Put a load of TT01 hop ups in the Trades section, and then got a great paint delivery from the postie so got to work on the driver figure for my DF03.

He's an Avante driver being converted into Ayrton Senna! I had to take quite a bit of material away behind his right shoulder to let the steering rod move freely, and trim away all the protrusions underneath to clear the prop shaft, but he fits with a bit of room to spare! 

Mixed X5 orange with a bit of X8 yellow (70/30) to get a close-ish match to PS Camel yellow, but it's looking alright so far. Waiting for the yellow to dry now.....

IMG_5434.thumb.jpeg.8754b070df6efaf15578e21f8d319b42.jpeg

Noticed DI wing. Looks better!

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Looks great @Juhunio

Where did you get the Avante driver figure from? I want one!

Tony! Part number 9225125

• Thanks 1

Finished stickering my Team Azarashi DF03 shell. First side went on fine, second side was a nightmare to get in an equivalent location. Can now get on and paint the wing

20200521_210352 20200521_210403 20200521_212407

• Like 5

On 5/20/2020 at 11:17 AM, Butler said:

Built the gearbox for my Bruiser. I have 3 speeds, all neutral :wacko:

Investigation needed.

Building mine too at the moment (genuine one though). I have gears available! But weird amount of play on the shaft. I’ve checked and rechecked but nothing missing, so don’t know if it’s normal or not.

Attempting to solder and remembering how much I f$*$(E((E((ing hate it.    Also tried crimping a Tamiya barrel connector for a motor and busted the tabs off of 2 of them with the crimper.

Kill me now.:angry:

Put some new decals on my original Terra Scorcher as a part of its freshening up

happy with it except the pro cup decals are a bit high

5DFD0537-B543-44F8-BD3B-87A4C74C8FBF.jpeg

66AD3CE1-B50D-486F-AB6B-0909AE904240.jpeg

• Like 7

10 hours ago, CoolHands said:

Building mine too at the moment (genuine one though). I have gears available! But weird amount of play on the shaft. I’ve checked and rechecked but nothing missing, so don’t know if it’s normal or not.

All working now, once I'd set it up properly. My 3rd channel only has 2 positions, so gone with 1st and 3rd for now. Can change to 1st and 2nd or 2nd and third if I reduce the EPA to 0% on one of the positions.

• Like 2

More this past week:

started machining some rims for my Land Freeder

2020_05_22_stuff-1.jpeg

Updated my 20yr Volvo to a slightly less older Volvo

2020_05_22_stuff-2.jpeg

Turned 50, started building the Lego Death Star I got from my family

2020_05_22_stuff-3.jpeg

Got back into some vac forming, this attempt was with HIPS. I have a much better setup now, and next week I'll try some ABS

2020_05_22_stuff-5.jpeg

• Like 8

Did some work on the comical Grasshopper today (see build thread)

• Like 1

Ordered the bearings for my Sheridan. Big up to Colin of RC bearings for all his help. 44x850 rubber sealed on the way

Got my original Fox back together after giving it a strip down and tidy up

49921670026_4da5d9383c_k.jpg

Started to update a couple photos in my showroom of cars that have had some work over the last few weeks

• Like 8

Oh and picked up my first TT chassis from my LHS, this will sit under my black WRX bug eye

49921854928_feb47c242a_k.jpg

• Like 4