Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nothing Tamiya related, unless you count listing a few things on eBay to make space in my newly organised hobby room.

Did think about selling the set of Juggernaut wheels and tyres that I have for my TXT-2, but I can't decide whether to or not.

Looked at my hotshot re-re and the instructions to mentally prepare for beginning the MIP ball diff upgrade. Just how many parts do I have to disassemble? I shook my head and then put everything away....

It's only half past Noon here.

Not technically today, but I recently modified CVA damper pistons to 4 x 1.5mm holes for less damping and fitted them to my Lunch Box.  I'm very happy with that setup.

49746869537_6f411f445c_c.jpg

49746870152_1b393c4558_c.jpg

49746870822_f77fbae1c3_c.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

This was yesterday but I took the Lunchbox out and gave it a few minutes of badword whilst out for the daily excercise

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, schlabinski said:

Not technically today, but I recently modified CVA damper pistons to 4 x 1.5mm holes for less damping and fitted them to my Lunch Box.  I'm very happy with that setup.

49746869537_6f411f445c_c.jpg

49746870152_1b393c4558_c.jpg

49746870822_f77fbae1c3_c.jpg

Awesome looking VLB, the Green And White with custom colour decals are a perfect match, great vision, well done

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Awesome looking VLB, the Green And White with custom colour decals are a perfect match, great vision, well done

I was thinking the same thing. Nailed the colour scheme!

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 1:38 PM, Grumpy pants said:

I took my Super Champ off the shelf and fitted a used vintage front bumper as it had a black ReRe bumper and NOS front tyres from my stash as the ones fitted to it had started to perish. I’ll do the tyre lettering at the weekend when I have a bit more time.

A small brush and a baby wipe gave it a freshen up and it is ready to go back on shelf duty. 

I really like this car, it’s a runner with modernish electrics, sport tuned motor, ball diff and AS-12 servo. 

It’s not 100% vintage, but I do have the original speed controller and full Acoms set but I doubt it will ever be run by me or change beyond how it is now. 

image.jpg

I agree with @mongoose1983 and @mtbkym01, your Super Chams looks gorgeous!! 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today I got an automated call from Fedex about the customs and fees of the Terra Scorcher ordered from RCMart, which is surprisingly already here. "Only" 22 dollars more, not too bad if I don't count the possible further 15 for a change of address (long story, nevermind...). I now have to wait confirmation but I know the kit box is in the area.

I then took apart two damaged servos and made a functioning one out of them. One was a cheap China knockoff, totally busted but had steel gears and bushing, the other a Carson that was loose but otherwise still working. I carved out the plastic gear on the Carson servo a little, in order to be able to fit the metal bushing and this seems to have done the trick. I put it on the Hornet and tried it out later on in the evening.

On my way with the car I stumbled upon what I thought was the usual suspect, but at a closer look I really don't think this is Munchy. 🤔

Screenshot-20200522-213122-Gallery.jpg

Maybe he spread the word about the goods as this fella was pretty relaxed, guess we'll see next time.

The servo works well for what it is. It will sure serve the purpose on the Hornet, for whatever long it'll last.

20200514-221020.jpg

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

Today I got an automated call from Fedex about the customs and fees of the Terra Scorcher ordered from RCMart, which is surprisingly already here. "Only" 22 dollars more, not too bad if I don't count the possible further 15 for a change of address (long story, nevermind...). I now have to wait confirmation but I know the kit box is in the area.

I then took apart two damaged servos and made a functioning one out of them. One was a cheap China knockoff, totally busted but had steel gears and bushing, the other a Carson that was loose but otherwise still working. I carved out the plastic gear on the Carson servo a little, in order to be able to fit the metal bushing and this seems to have done the trick. I put it on the Hornet and tried it out later on in the evening.

On my way with the car I stumbled upon what I thought was the usual suspect, but at a closer look I really don't think this is Munchy. 🤔

Screenshot-20200522-213122-Gallery.jpg

Maybe he spread the word about the goods as this fella was pretty relaxed, guess we'll see next time.

The servo works well for what it is. It will sure serve the purpose on the Hornet, for whatever long it'll last.

20200514-221020.jpg

Great pics and encounter with the little "friend".

• Thanks 1

Finished my re-release Bullhead runner:

20200518_215718.thumb.jpg.d1f05fada53e028cdcaf1f058483f2c0.jpg

All stock, except:

Full ball bearings, Futaba 3305 Servo, steering servo uses larger horn, modified front steering to run parallel to ground, aluminum B11 brackets.

Running stock motors and the included Tamiya ESC. The steering mods work great, this thing turns super sharp, almost too responsive. The Futaba servo will turn all 4 wheels sitting still.

• Like 5

Worked out that my latest Tamico delivery box makes an excellent spray booth. Bonus!

0BEE8EA9-DDD2-432A-B05D-AA58995339A8.jpeg

• Like 6

Brushed and bagged (Glycerin) the tyres off of my 2 VTA cars, then worked on the TL01 bodied Mustang VTA to try and align the body a little better by modifying the body mounts with my heat gun. The original fitting was a bit off due to the standard alignment. The rear body mounts are right at the base of the rear windscreen, which pushed the body forward a bit, so a bit of heat and shaping and it now is aligning much better I think. Next is to wait for the wider hexes and barrel nuts to fill out the guards as it’s a 200mm body on a 190mm chassis. Should look pretty spot on once they’re here

• Like 1

Started to clean the motor I got off Ebay a few weeks ago at the same time looking on said Ebay (see men can multitask) and wondering why people are paying absolutely ridiculous prices for rc (in this case tamiya) kits at the moment? 

20200502_114308.jpg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, moffman said:

Started to clean the motor I got off Ebay a few weeks ago at the same time looking on said Ebay (see men can multitask) and wondering why people are paying absolutely ridiculous prices for rc (in this case tamiya) kits at the moment? 

20200502_114308.jpg

People seem to paying Big money for the Tamiya labeled motor like yours at the moment 😲 

Some kit prices have gone crazy recently but someone on here got a new ta06 kit with body for a little over £100 from Tamico! 

41 minutes ago, moffman said:

Agreed, some ebay prices are crazy at the moment, rarer stuff I can understand, but some stuff is just way out there. I can't believe people are paying some of the asking prices,

Finished the tyre lettering all round on my Super Champ, so it’s now back on the shelf in all its splendid glory 😊

Aiming to run the Konghead tomorrow which I’m looking forward to as well. 

I took my ReRe Sand Scorcher off the shelf today for a dust down and wipe -

You can’t see the new old stock perspex wide front bumper or the front strut brace, but they are my favourite parts 😊

image.jpg

• Like 7

Shot the paint on the Ferrari 312t3 restorations. I had to rub one down again though, they were hanging in the garage drying, and a gust of wind blew a load of dust into the air which then stuck all over it. :angry:

Got a second coat on it and it came out ok though.

Decals and drivers next.

J

spacer.png

• Like 5

I've started so put Decals on my red Hornet.

I'm not sure if i should put all stickers on....

20200523_143020.jpg

20200523_143055.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Finished the tyre lettering all round on my Super Champ, so it’s now back on the shelf in all its splendid glory 😊

Any pictures of this splendid glory? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Had a very frustrating afternoon.

Wanted to reduce the M06 down from 225mm to 210mm. Simple enough. Renewed the oil in the CVA dampers, swapped the springs and cut out the new bodyshell I had been waiting on.

I tried to sort out the steering setup, which as anyone who owns an M05 or M06 knows, is slopppier than a warm slush puppy. I couldn't find any suitable shims or spacers nor flanged tubes to replace the step screws. 

I'm pretty sure the only option is to invest in an aftermarket setup (not going genuine Tamiya as they managed to make 3 separate parts for the steering :lol:)

20200523_193412.thumb.jpg.5cd58f89b917fc55e461efc2fa5069ce.jpg

Then to top it all off I mounted the trimmed 210mm bodyshell only to find that it doesn't fit over the rear overhanging motor. So returned the whole chassis back to 225mm. What a waste of time!!

20200523_193504.thumb.jpg.6522126ca0db7a0996caced42028703b.jpg

I think I'll get on the beers and forget today even happened!

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Playing with masking on the Lunchbox lowrider build.    Still shopping for a chassis - May go Associated 12L/i etc or vintage Tamiya Porsche Rothmans 1/12 or M05 chassis.

Did a quick swatch and changed my mind on paint.   Was going to do a 2 tone French Blue and Matte white rear, I think I'm gonna go French blue front 1/3 and TS-22 rear 3rd of the van - I like how these 2 colors are meshing.  Plus it fits the vintage 80s Haro green type theme.

spacer.pngspacer.png

IMG_7153.JPG

• Like 3