Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 minutes ago, 78Triumph said:

Took my MF-01X out for a run.

49931916806_a8154c9753_h.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

49931919306_4408866330_h.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

49933257383_2b60ed182a_h.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

That's is spot on. Bug looks fantastic and shots are superb

Personally I've sprayed a body. Was expecting sparkly cherry but it looks more Barbie pink. It'll do for a basher

IMG_20200525_114449.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Duvetdo said:

Have been leafing through these wishing I’d bought more kits back then!

589A44ED-DBE7-4EF6-A55C-8165EA2D8A36.jpeg

Would be nice if you can scan them and save them as PDF and share them. :)

Just now, Nicadraus said:

Would be nice if you can scan them and save them as PDF and share them. :)

Haven’t really got the time and haven’t got a scanner, but guess I could photo the pages on my phone and upload them somewhere to share. What are the best apps for that?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Duvetdo said:

Haven’t really got the time and haven’t got a scanner, but guess I could photo the pages on my phone and upload them somewhere to share. What are the best apps for that?

Imgur would be a nice image hosting site to use. It doesn't compress the image like Photobucket does so the images' quality doesn't suffer.

• Like 1

The last shelf queen to be dusted and tyre lettered for now-

This is my favourite Tamiya model that I have owned I would estimate out of at least 120-130 now.

Just so much to like about this model, the driver, the detail, the fun factor and the box art.

I bought this as a decent car about 6 years ago and I then set about picking up missing bits and pieces before @jonboy1 worked his magic on it last year of which I am eternally grateful. 

It is set up to run, but it will never do that in my hands- just shelf duty.

The grill and windscreen are WW2 but I would never have known if JJ hadn’t have told me and honestly I am no longer bothered.

I’m at the point were this car is just right for me and I am not going to change it or spend any more money on it, just enjoy it.

I also really like the that fact the Jerry can has been backed and I absolutely adore the wheel colour.

image.jpg

• Like 14

17 hours ago, svenb said:

Finished latest Capri😊

Possibly 1 maybe 2 more I'd like to do. 

Thanks to @yogi-bear for the help with the decals 👍

IMG_20200524_221949.jpg

what chassis is this?  

Ordered a bunch of soldering supplies - because I'm a moron and destroyed the tip of my new Weller WES51, most likely.    

I was going to use Grainger because they are close by, and can get the stuff quick, but the problem is the prices are so **** high!   A $4 dollar tip at Grainger is $11.   I highly recommend testequipmentdepot.com - their prices are amazing, and if you're an east coaster like me, it won't take 6 days to get to you from California.  

I hate ordering from the west coast but so many suppliers are still out in California.  When I lived in Wisconsin I didn't mind as much because I was in the middle of the country.

I don't know what it is, but it seems these days, shipping is SLOWER, and more costly.  Bad for the consumer.  Great for the businesses.  Maybe it's the heightened demand on these services that it's slower (I'm talking non pandemic times as well).

I picked up a 3rd hand from Harbor Freight for $5.   

What'd I'd really like is a motor holding jig that can hold the can vertically  or horizontally while I solder.   I tried a pliers handle but the motor still slides out of the handle.

1 hour ago, Nicadraus said:

Imgur would be a nice image hosting site to use. It doesn't compress the image like Photobucket does so the images' quality doesn't suffer.

Ok. I’ll check it out. 

1 hour ago, Grumpy pants said:

image.jpg

That is lovely and you have just convinced me not to sell the one I have awaiting restoration. 
EDIT: need those repro tyres to come back in stock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

This is my favourite Tamiya model that I have owned I would estimate out of at least 120-130 now.

Just so much to like about this model, the driver, the detail, the fun factor and the box art.

I bought this as a decent car about 6 years ago and I then set about picking up missing bits and pieces before @jonboy1 worked his magic on it last year of which I am eternally grateful. 

The grill and windscreen are WW2 but I would never have known if JJ hadn’t have told me and honestly I am no longer bothered.

I’m at the point were this car is just right for me and I am not going to change it or spend any more money on it, just enjoy it.

I also really like the that fact the Jerry can has been backed and I absolutely adore the wheel colour.

image.jpg

That's a stunner looks good the original is the best!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy pants said:

image.jpg

I totally regret selling my Wild Willy kit a few years ago but at the time I needed too.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JeffSpicoli said:

what chassis is this?  

TT01 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

I have thought about purchasing this model several times. That looks so awesome! Don’t blame you a bit for not running it!

Took the Hornet for my evening exercise. Excuse poor pics.  Need to rebuild the shocks as full of muck and not working well. A good clean in order. 

6043750B-62FE-42CD-8406-2584D5D2BC63.jpeg

49A9DFFD-7C41-4DE4-B200-78023DAEA909.jpeg

D1CAB9BF-5319-4C05-9658-BE35FDEDB424.jpeg

4BBF0872-C966-4B69-AE71-A9298CEEA9E2.jpeg

• Like 7

Too the Konghead our for its 2nd run.

Really enjoyed it, but it is very dusty now 😳 

• Like 3

Started working on the driver for my RC10 JPS.

First off, I had to rearrange the electronics and battery holder to make it fit, which in itself took a good part of the afternoon. Now that's done, next thing now I have to figure out how to hold it into place and than, finally, I can paint!

20200525-190934.jpg

• Like 3

Trimmed and started painting only to find that the one can of black paint I was sure was in the spares box wasn’t in the spares box. And PS-5 Black is on backorder everywhere except for the 1 guy on ebay who thinks his can is worth $17. 

49936746317_cccea6bb60_b.jpg

• Like 3

Over the last few days ive fixed some bashing casualties ,have filled a cart with blue bling for a m-06 i have boxed(boy that gets pricey), have started doing mental math as to where current brushless motors will go and how many more i need to order to complete things the way i want them, Got 90% of my wifes honey DO list done, Weeded my garden, tended my honey bees,  Gone through things that were set aside and forgotten, ordered my son a DARK IMPACT and a BALDRE body kit for myself, ordered paint because it doesnt look like LHS is opening anytime soon, ordered a F103GT GAZOO, ordered a bunch of misc stuff that im not sure i need, looked through my personal email and realized im spending way to much  money because im ordereing and forgetting that i ordered then ordering more, tried to figure out tire and wheel sizing to have some road tires for a couple buggies as i hate wearing spikes out, OH, finally got a programming box for my trackstar stuff, did some family stuff and gave a few thank yous out to some service men i know over the Memorial weekend......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JeffSpicoli said:

IMG_4278.JPG

That picture is 100% cool! :)

And it reminds me to paint my Subaru tires sometime before this week ends...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Duvetdo said:

Have been leafing through these wishing I’d bought more kits back then!

589A44ED-DBE7-4EF6-A55C-8165EA2D8A36.jpeg

I’ve got that Tamiya catelog with the Hotshot on it. 1985 I recall.  Also have the one with the BigWig which is 1988?

• Like 1