Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The best part of a model is applying decals.  I started the process.

Today I'll venture out to find some kind of plastic card stock for the number plate on the side. 

Also looking for retro hood stripes to put on.

IMG_7242.JPG

IMG_7234.JPG

• Like 8

3 hours ago, JeffSpicoli said:

The best part of a model is applying decals.  I started the process.

Today I'll venture out to find some kind of plastic card stock for the number plate on the side. 

Also looking for retro hood stripes to put on.

IMG_7242.JPG

IMG_7234.JPG

those rims look really good on the Brat!

The Subaru NBR went from :

ng4DhFOl.jpg

To :

mjNNhz3l.jpg

Still some more stickers to do. Its a long way from perfect but should look ok.

Also, the star wheels turned up for the plasma edge, looks so much better than the black wheels it came with, unfortunately the tyres appear to be 2.2" and don't fit either wheel properly, they get ripped off when driving it. Looks like i need to buy original tyres or top force ones ?

wj35ANGl.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, yogi-bear said:

those rims look really good on the Brat!

Thanks yogi!  I do love them.  Tire stickers are here, just need to get a new set of tires to apply them to.  It will look even better soon.

• Like 1

Put the upgraded steering hopup in the TT-02. Love me some loctite. That means there's metal!

F38rtdD.jpg

WoS1PWS.jpg

Stupid question. Correct me if I'm wrong but with this upgrade, we can adjust toe angle....??? Didn't even think of that as a benefit.

• Like 1

Looks good! Yes, you can now adjust toe angle. A smidgin of toe out works well I've found. 

The Sport Tuned motor from @Biz73 showed up today along with a MASSIVE amount of Santa Cruz stickers and a Spicoli sticker of the Fast Times guys stumbling out of the VW bus, totally awesome and appreciated! 

The crimper for the Tamiya motor connectors showed up too - using that thing is an art, you can def squeeze down too hard.  I destroyed at least 2 squeezing too hard.

After 6 hours of soldering, painting, decaling, running to Hobby Lobby for card stock, and watching people loot riot and protest on Fox News all day, I was able to get out and take a few speed runs in the dark down the street. 

The sport tuned can is a nice amount of speed esp for the BRAT, the BRAT has this insane tight turning radius and with the high center of gravity you're just looking for a flip onto the hard shell.  So it was nice to see how fast she was in a straight line she hums.

I can't wait to get some speed run pics - the green body just pops.  I'll def be using TS22 again.

Tomorrow I'll get back on the Lunchbox body.   I'm probably going to get a M05 chassis to mount it to, it's a cheap car, it'll get it low and body mounting shouldn't be too insane.

Beautiful afternoon outside, what better to do than paint some RC bodies? This is the wife's Comical Frog and my Comical Hornet getting painted. We used a lot of PS53 Lame flakes (aka GLITTER!); the wife did the whole body with a first coat of glitter; mine just has it on the irridescent purple parts. I've gone with a very contrasting paint scheme, Cobalt Green (it's teal or turquoise to my eyes) and the Purple/Green irridescent. The yellow/organe Hornet stickers will provide the right third contrast element that will ring it all together. Wo'nt get to the decals today, waiting for paint to dry and it's gin-o-clock!

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Mark_C said:

Also, the star wheels turned up for the plasma edge, looks so much better than the black wheels it came with, unfortunately the tyres appear to be 2.2" and don't fit either wheel properly, they get ripped off when driving it. Looks like i need to buy original tyres or top force ones ?

I think the Top Force and Plasma Edge tyres are the same, at least the Top Force and Plasma Edge II tyres are, the square spikes. They fit those star wheels anyway

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I think the Top Force and Plasma Edge tyres are the same, at least the Top Force and Plasma Edge II tyres are, the square spikes. They fit those star wheels anyway

Thanks, I did some reading and it seems the wheels are 2.1", hence 2.2" don't fit. Apparently you can stretch 2" Schumacher tyres, so I might see if they are easier/cheaper to get.

2 minutes ago, Mark_C said:

Thanks, I did some reading and it seems the wheels are 2.1", hence 2.2" don't fit. Apparently you can stretch 2" Schumacher tyres, so I might see if they are easier/cheaper to get.

This is correct: The star dish wheels are 2.15" or something odd. I have them on my DT03. I ran 2" schumacher tyres no problem. They fit tightly and really well. Make sure you buy some foams to put in them though. You can get the original CAT square blocks, as well as modern mini spike and and old school full spike. 

• Like 1

Started and almost finished the manta ray. Tamiya hard propeller shaft, aluminum motor mount, 21t steel pinion, 13.5t surpass brushless, aluminum steering assembly and black knuckles instead of stock red. 

B4C30098-E12A-4462-BCD8-14B7697F1EE3.jpeg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, howaboutme said:

Put the upgraded steering hopup in the TT-02. Love me some loctite. That means there's metal!

F38rtdD.jpg

WoS1PWS.jpg

Stupid question. Correct me if I'm wrong but with this upgrade, we can adjust toe angle....??? Didn't even think of that as a benefit.

Yes you can now. Adjust the turnbuckles to achieve that.

• Thanks 1

Took the Konghead to Oxshott woods for an early morning run. 

Such a lovely spot and amazing weather. 

Superb for RC as well, sand, roots, grass, gravel, hills and all the rest of it.

The KH was superb, coping with everything with ease, such great fun.

A86-FAAD1-655-C-46-F1-A03-F-21-AE3582-DF

• Like 5

Not much today. Ordered a new Bowler from Kamtec, (yeah Keiths back open!!!) and a set of wheels from L&L. It`ll be another week of the mrs moaning but hey ho

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

After dipping my toe back in the water by building a Lunch Box over the last few weeks, I got out the CR-01 Toyota that I bought 12 years ago. I had started building it and then it had been abandoned early on. I was convinced I had lost parts but having resumed I have now completed the A Parts Back with nothing missing!

spacer.png

This is such a jump up from the lunchbox which is why I gave up before I think. Next job is to dig out the soldering iron and solder the motor and ESC connections. I am slightly worried about the ESC ones but will just take my time.

Managed to find all the bits I bought for it back then as well. A M-troniks Viper RV Max ESC, Novak Fifty-Five Crawler and TowerPro 995 servos. Hopefully it will all still be okay.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Mark_C said:

The Subaru NBR went from :

ng4DhFOl.jpg

To :

mjNNhz3l.jpg

Still some more stickers to do. Its a long way from perfect but should look ok.

wj35ANGl.jpg

You could buy Dark Impact wheels to use those tires. They are true 2.2" wheels.

• Like 2

Made a list of parts I need for my coming Terra Scorcher build, then started filling up my online cart at RCMart. A5 part, steel pinion, a servo, a hard steel shaft for my Manta Ray. And it's quite a few coins already. Still in need of transmitter/receiver and paint, but I still haven't figured out a color scheme.

In the meantime, my lady seems to have found out why Munchy the chipmunk is so keen on rc cars: no kidding, turns out he himself is a Tamia :o 🤣

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamias

Screenshot-20200531-120545-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20200531-120710-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20200529-224548-Video-Player.

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

Bit of tyre testing with the OG Dragon chassis, running my Saint Dragon shell today. Trying to find something that works with the chassis that won't be rubbish on the astro at RHR. This is mini dart front, mini spike rear. I think this might be the one. 

20200531_111932

• Like 5

I placed an order for a Kyosho Ultima reissue from Tower Hobbies. I can't wait for my first Kyosho build!

• Like 3

I've just accidentally bought another Jeep CC01 body from eBay. 

I'm going to be in so much trouble when it arrives.

Still, I can go to sleep thinking about what paint scheme I can go for this time :lol:

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

I've just accidentally bought another Jeep CC01 body from eBay. 

I'm going to be in so much trouble when it arrives.

I feel for you Chris. If it makes you feel any better, I accidentally bought another whole LunchBox a few weeks ago :lol:. For perspective, I already have a recently built Black Edition Lunchy...

NIB Lunchbox Red Edition FS btw if anyone is interested :lol: :lol: 

Not Tamiya but I used a Tamiya tool.

IMG_20200531_181258.jpg

Had to trim the JK body to fit the GCM Racing sliders on their Skeleton chassis.

IMG_20200531_182848.jpg

It is a long road but this rig is slowly coming together.