Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, ChrisRx718 said:

I've just accidentally bought another Jeep CC01 body from eBay. 

I'm going to be in so much trouble when it arrives.

Still, I can go to sleep thinking about what paint scheme I can go for this time :lol:

That’s funny, I bought my 5th Super Champ yesterday.....my wife likes me having a hobby but there is always a limit 😳

• Haha 2

I like that colour @rwordenjr. Mrs BC would like it too. Might her to sort her out with her own car at some point...

• Thanks 1

Started with the final stage of the restoration project of my Bear Hawk! The paint scheme is based on the original design of the BH. 

dqyBb7D.jpg

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

A good day to paint 🎨 

F7F2EB86-7371-4676-9E63-26AFB9B9F7F1.jpeg

that is just stunning:wub:

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

I like that colour @rwordenjr. Mrs BC would like it too. Might her to sort her out with her own car at some point...

Thank you! It’s ps-54 cobalt green with ps-63 bright gunmetal cockpit. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, topforcein said:

that is just stunning:wub:

Thank you, I appreciate it. Pretty happy with how it turned out. Now the hard part... the decals 😤

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rwordenjr said:

A good day to paint 🎨 

It was too.

Sadly I've upset the Tamiya gods by daring to use Core RC paint. What an absolute crock. 

I might have ruined the shell, glad it's only a cheapy one. Still, not the point.

Don't waste your money on Core RC paint guys. Pics to follow...

• Sad 1

After a week of rain, we finally had a beautiful day.  It was so nice, in fact, that I spent most of it outside on the back deck watching birds and squirrels while building TTs from a hodge podge of spare parts.  It really was perfect -- 20-22C, 50% humidity, shaded under the picnic table umbrella, just enjoying the sounds of nature and quietly screwing parts together...

spacer.png

• Like 8

2 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

It was too.

Sadly I've upset the Tamiya gods by daring to use Core RC paint. What an absolute crock. 

I might have ruined the shell, glad it's only a cheapy one. Still, not the point.

Sorry to hear that, is it cheap ? 

Went out with the kids for a quick squirt with the rc's (all bases covered, (2wd/4wd/6wd), then the rain came back and we went and played with the old slot car set that was in storage!

vr0dpt8.jpg

11PztFl.jpg

NpVXNua.jpg

• Like 9

I was looking at my old Nikko Dictator Mk2 with it's ridiculously over sized rear wing (which I personally love) and I wondered how a similar approach would look on my DT03 Neo Frog.

It's been without a wing for a while now and I had a white 8th scale wing laying around....

vHnuG38.jpg

I quite like it!

• Like 3

Today I fell in love with the M-chassis cars.  I thought they were the red-headed stepchild of 1/10 scale, but I get it now. The M07R is an absolute joy to drive.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

A good day to paint 🎨 

NIce! I was thinking on using PS54 on my next build (Kyosho Tomahawk)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

It was too.

Agreed. I love their neon carrot colour for my orange shells, but it's very variable quality and about half the cans fail. I tried their silver to back the orange for my HCF and its rubbish. It's not worth the couple of quid you save. Tamiya paint is the best. Plain and simple.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

A good day to paint 🎨 

The finishing look. What you guys think ? Decals or no decals ? 

47302FF4-08A9-463F-9079-9105CAD51F57.jpeg

788FD6BC-D730-4A8F-B769-BD6D0EFAAB75.jpeg

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Kitzbuehel74 said:

NIce! I was thinking on using PS54 on my next build (Kyosho Tomahawk)

That would look sweet! A dark blue too I think. A translucent blue with a gunmetal backer 

42 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

The finishing look. What you guys think ? Decals or no decals ? 

47302FF4-08A9-463F-9079-9105CAD51F57.jpeg

Yes to decals, but I don't think the blue works and the red is maybe a bit lost. What about ordering a custom set from MCI racing so you can change the colours ?

Maybe a purple for the blue would stand out if thats what you want ?

1 hour ago, rwordenjr said:

That would look sweet! A dark blue too I think. A translucent blue with a gunmetal backer 

Yep, my other choice might be to go with a PS35 blue violet.  Decisions decisions 

I swapped out some 4mm ball connectors on my Madacp.  I wanted to try some different connectors.

49958976423_c1591e0023_o.jpg

On the far right of the picture is a standard 5mm connector, on the far left is a 4mm  connector from the Tamtech Gear models (40116), and in the middle, connecting the bellcrank to the turnbuckle is a 4mm connector for 3mm thread (51111)

49958976463_c6f4863385_o.jpg

Part 51111 is for touring cars and has very little thread on it when compared to the Tamtech item or any standard adjuster, so I have a new problem, which is hoping that there is enough thread to keep the adjuster on the turnbuckle and enough to make adjustments.  But these new adjusters have tighter tolerances.  The Tamtech ones come off the ball joint when adjusting the turnbuckle.  The new ones don't.  

The adjusters from the DT03 turnbuckle set have even more thread on them.  It might be worth swapping the 5mm adjuster on the steering arm in order to compensate for the new 4mm adjusters lack of thread.

i finally finished sticking decals to @acprc's cars!!!!!! 🙌😎🤗🤩🤪😇🤠🎈🎇🥇🏆

.....now i just have to do some custom masking and painting and stick some more decals on another one for him..... :( 

i must've been a truly horrible person in a previous life....

:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Finished putting the reinforced M parts on to the DT03 chassis and had another fiddle with the Madcap's adjusters and turnbuckles.

Differences in adjusters - from left to right; Blue 6mm found on Terra Scorchers, original Egress, Astute and very few others.  Dynastorm uses 6mm but in grey. 5mm from DT03 turnbuckle set, standard 5mm, common in a lot of kits, 4mm from Tamtech Gear, 4mm classic, found all over the place - Sand Scorchers (black), Formula One, Madcap, Midnight Pumpkin, Bear Hawk - basically anything that uses the early threaded rod anywhere, 4mm touring car.

49959861906_320f9d8696_o.jpg

At one time or another, all of these have been used on my Madcap

Now it has this set up - 5mm DT03 and 4mm touring car on the steering arms and DT03 and 5mm standard on the upper suspension arms.  

49960142497_867b39e714_o.jpg

Still not perfect, there's still play in the steering.  It's the bellcranks letting things down, but I haven't found anything else that fits yet.

49960142437_5074194036_o.jpg

1 hour ago, jonboy1 said:

i finally finished sticking decals to @acprc's cars!!!!!! 🙌😎🤗🤩🤪😇🤠🎈🎇🥇🏆

.....now i just have to do some custom masking and painting and stick some more decals on another one for him..... :( 

i must've been a truly horrible person in a previous life....

:P

For your next job maybe he'd like a Subaru NBR shell next, three different colours and somewhere over 100 stickers !

toplarge.jpg