Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

They are great little cars, quite different in character to their larger TC brethren, and also to each other.  They tend to breed too. The first one that caught my imagination was the M-03, and before long it was joined by an M-04, M-05, M-06 and M-07. Now I find myself collecting hop-ups for an M-08 build in the not to distant future...

Arrgh, don't tempt me. There's not even many areas near me to drive them, the best is a nearby quiet and smooth cul-de-sac. Yeah, maybe an M08 with an Alfa body of some sort...

11 minutes ago, c64orinoco said:

Arrgh, don't tempt me. There's not even many areas near me to drive them, the best is a nearby quiet and smooth cul-de-sac. Yeah, maybe an M08 with an Alfa body of some sort...

Go for it!  You gotta be loopy not to to enjoy driving it.

My buddies and I were sitting around saying we should each get one of the different Vee-Dubs.  I ordered the Ghia and M08 chassis (still awaiting parts). There were too many hop ups with the M08, so I got the M07R to put the spares parts on.  The M07R got finished first and we spent all day Saturday running touring cars around the local school parking lot.  With NiMh batteries and 27t, it's perfectly balanced.

Another buddy has the Type 2 M06 with bearings and oil shocks in the mail, now. He's itching to build it.

The addiction spreads quickly.  You'll get someone hooked before long.

I bought a pair of replacement drive shafts for my Konghead and 3 additional r/x for my new radio handset.

I took the front shocks off my Falcon parts car for the Lunchbox kit.

Completed my buggy wing to with with my Team Azarashi shell. A few finishing touches to do but majority done. Perhaps a bit overkill with the stippling on the wing

20200602_175632 20200602_175647 20200602_175706

• Like 7

Thanks to that delightful combination of the boss and household chores, I`ve managed to do a grand total of nowt for two days:(

Had a bit of a fail.

I've had an HBX T6/FTX Futura for over a year now but haven't been able to use it much because it has been stuck at work and I don't drive so getting it around has been a pain because it's 6th scale and massive and heavy.

Back in the winter, my boss gave me a ride home so I could take it home so I got one step closer to actually being able to use it at least but the weather had been pretty dire for the first few months of the year so the wait continued.

For a while, I had been eyeing up a nice patch of dirt not far from me where the water company had bulldozed a section of grass field to use as a temporary base of operations for work they were doing in the aerea.

Eventually, they vacated when they finished the work and the glorious dirt patch was sat there waiting for me and then disaster struck, covid-19!

I've been waiting months to get a chance to take it out, during a recent walk, to my horror, I saw a council worker spreading grass seed all over the dirt patch :o:o

Finally, as of Monday, you can do stuff other than exercise outside!!! BUT the weather is forecast to rain on Wednesday and turn all that glorious baked dirt into mud and send those grass seeds exploding into life!

Today was now or never! I charged up 2 battery packs for the run plus an extra one just to drive the thing there and back because it's way to heavy to carry. I drove it as gently as possible in order to preserve my "ferry" battery as much as possible to avoid having to carry it home.

After what feels like a week of crawling the thing down the footpath, I reach the destination, swap out the batteries, turn it back on and wait for the 4 beeps.

And here we go! Only the second real run since I've owned it and after months of frustration! Look at her go!

But then disaster struck:

In total I got about 2 minutes runtime from it before that happened. And I didn't have a wrench big enough with me to get it back on tight enough.

So after waiting months to use it for the second time in over a year, after the lockdown cruelly adding to that wait, after creeping it along for over 20 minutes just to get to the place, I got about 2 minutes of use before the wheel fell off and then had to creep it back home again only this time it took 30 minutes because I had to keep stopping to tighten the nut before the wheel wobbled off.

Not only did I wait months for the run, I spent 50 minutes driving at 3mph just to get 2 minutes of actual bashing.

You have to laugh.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Tinkered with some new bits for the M08.  I don’t want to work too quickly with 2 lockdowns in effect (‘Rona lockdown and looter curfews).  Gotta save some tinkering for tomorrow.  

49965721222_5bfdc3959d_b.jpg

• Like 7

Painted SUPER ASTUTE, BALDRE and cut entire body on F103GT GAZOO

13 hours ago, mman2005 said:

Completed my buggy wing to with with my Team Azarashi shell. A few finishing touches to do but majority done. Perhaps a bit overkill with the stippling on the wing

20200602_175632 20200602_175647 20200602_175706

Looks great - and I must say that is some very nice and clean gravel you have there!!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jonboy1 said:

Looks great - and I must say that is some very nice and clean gravel you have there!!

Thanks. The gravel is cleaner than the car :D

5 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

So after waiting months to use it for the second time in over a year, after the lockdown cruelly adding to that wait, after creeping it along for over 20 minutes just to get to the place, I got about 2 minutes of use before the wheel fell off and then had to creep it back home again only this time it took 30 minutes because I had to keep stopping to tighten the nut before the wheel wobbled off.

Not only did I wait months for the run, I spent 50 minutes driving at 3mph just to get 2 minutes of actual bashing.

You have to laugh.

It looked a fun 2 minutes though ;) 

37 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

@mman2005 That looks fantastic! I have a real thing for Azarashi buggy shells. They just look great. 

Thank you! Hopefully did it justice. I think the buggy wing makes a big difference. 

6 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

But then disaster struck:

It happens!

Thing is, I guarantee that even if you had decided to pack a couple of tools, the failure would have been something you couldn't fix with said tools anyway. That said, I do try to remember to take a Tamiya wheel wrench with me when I take my buggies or monster trucks out!

I’m trying to ignore the rather nice TR15-T 44001 Nitro Stadium Truck on eBay and I’m tying not to justify buying it for my birthday tomorrow 😂

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

I put the Falcon carcass on eBay 💥

604-AC875-B8-D0-4-F43-982-B-988-EED07-DE

I often wonder how to fit that rear transmission to a Grasshopper chassis... :)

• Like 1

Retrieved my M05-RA chassis from work in the hope that I can re-start my build thread and get the chassis into a runnable condition. 
To complete my plan I will need a body and wheels at some point. 

9 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Retrieved my M05-RA chassis from work in the hope that I can re-start my build thread and get the chassis into a runnable condition. 
To complete my plan I will need a body and wheels at some point. 

got any plans for a body?

53 minutes ago, jonboy1 said:

got any plans for a body?

Yes thanks :D.

Given my inability to complete a project (my XV-01T and Hornet are still waiting for decals) I have plans for a finished body to turn this into a runner sooner rather than later.

EDIT: FFS, there were 10 in stock before lockdown. Now none. Change of plans required...

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Yes thanks :D.

Given my inability to complete a project (my XV-01T and Hornet are still waiting for decals) I have plans for a finished body to turn this into a runner sooner rather than later.

EDIT: FFS, there were 10 in stock before lockdown. Now none. Change of plans required...

finishing a project is a severely overrated ability you know. :P

what wheelbase were you thinking?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

finishing a project is a severely overrated ability you know. :P

what wheelbase were you thinking?

Once I have done it, I’ll let you know how I feel about it!

225mm is the desired wheelbase but I also wanted a FWD car body.

Got an unpainted shell in my basket now...

EDIT: body and wheels now ordered from TTP.