Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dropped into the office and picked up side cutters, soft grip pliers and a set of M chassis rally blocks. Might make some progress on the M05-RA over the weekend.

1 hour ago, mman2005 said:

Not surprised, very nice!!

Cheers! Typically, it’s a photo with the rear tyre the wrong way round 🙄👍

• Haha 1

On 5/11/2020 at 7:43 PM, nowinaminute said:

The usual when my daughter isn't here: too much youtube, some RC wrenching and then a nice walk with an RC in place of a dog. Couldn't resist a few minutes in the dirt before heading back home. Forgot how difficult it is to drive fast when you're looking at the phone screen instead lof reality lol

What mods do you have?  I’d love for my midnight pumpkin to have that kind of speed and handling. 

I have pretty much finished the build of the CR-01 I started in 2008

spacer.png

Its been quite a challenge to get all the geometry correct and improvise a press to get the bearings onto sun gear! Test run done, fixed the steering as I had missed the piece off the servo head that holds it all together. I have the original Toyota shell now to practice on as its scrap with a hole in it and I haven't done a shell in 30 years. Hopefully the CC-01 Defender shell should be here in the next couple days.

• Like 2

Nothing useful with Tamiya, but I have just finished watching the BTCC 2018 season DVD I got for my birthday last year.

I got the 2019 DVD yesterday 😂

• Like 1

I've been working on my "Deep Impact" (basically a blinged Dark Impact), I had a few key mods that arrived recently, so I took it all apart and wrenched on it a bit. Sill haven't run it even once; I have a feeling this particular car will mostly be a shelf queen, but I'm not sure yet. Here are a few pics of what it looks like so far:

Unfortunately I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep these wheels on it, SOMETHING is rubbing on the front, preventing full lock-to-lock steering, but I can't quite figure out what it is...

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-05 at 19.35.41.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-05 at 18.57.38.jpeg

• Like 7

Well my milliput repair on my Thunder Dragon didn't work so I have drilled some small holes and reinforced first. Hopefully this should be stronger. 

20200605_181648

Test fitted a Bush Devil shell with Blackfoot Livery on an MF-01X chassis type setup, think it looks pretty cool! Wheelbase matches the body perfectly so the Blackfoot hard body will work too.

49975033951_2d0dff7042_b.jpg

I’ve got a Blackfoot flare side lexan Parma shell that would look great done as a Ranger... hmm 

• Like 17

My wife and I spent the afternoon stickering our cars. The Comical Frog is my wifes first ever RC car; she did the masking and painting and stickering herself! I'm really happy with the way the Comical Hornet has turned out;,the irridescent purple/green looks great contrasting with the yellow/organge stickers and the teal sections. I'm happy! Tomorrow we drive them / teach my wife how to drive. Should be fun!

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

• Like 9

Not a thing yet. Too windy and wet to do anything remotely like spraying and Still no body turned up. According to Hermes (XXXXX!!!) they are still sitting on it

Listed my SRB almost rolling chassis on eBay 💥

I’ve peaked for the day,  family time now 👍

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wetman said:

Not a thing yet. Too windy and wet to do anything remotely like spraying and Still no body turned up. According to Hermes (XXXXX!!!) they are still sitting on it

Probably literally knowing Hermes

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Wetman said:

Looking at the state of the packaging that some of my Hermes deliveries turn up like they probably are literally sitting on it!, 

I'm waiting for a parcel delivered by them lot and it's been sitting in Leicester depot since Tuesday:angry:

• Like 1

I picked up one of my parcels of bits I've been waiting for, turns out good old RM tried to deliver it, didn't get an answer and didn't leave a card. I only got the tracking number from the seller (props to Ian @ JK-RC).

Also picked up some paint stripper from screwfix to see if its safe for plastic..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moffman said:

Looking at the state of the packaging that some of my Hermes deliveries turn up like they probably are literally sitting on it!, 

I'm waiting for a parcel delivered by them lot and it's been sitting in Leicester depot since Tuesday:angry:

I'm also waiting for a parcel from Hermes, it too has been sitting still since Tuesday.

The chap that actually does the deliveries at our end is really good. Shame the rest of their setup isn't as good.

• Like 1

Realized that the 9T motors i bought were 380s wrapped in a 540 can.  That was dissapointing when i hit the power on the db01rrr. 

Gathered the troops in preparation for moving them to my new house.  Transmitters and boxes out of view.

No idea where they're going to end up yet, but have got a shelf in mind for temporary storage!

49978290591_7754317b7f_h.jpg

• Like 6

Added the rear damper mounts, adjustable suspension links and the High Torq 25T servo saver set on my CC01 Land Rover that arrived from RC Mart

Then almost finished the M06 Chassis for my VW Karmann Ghia. Still waiting for some hop ups for this but just wanted to build it. I like building more than running so i don't mind stripping it down and re building once the bits arrive. Still working up to painting the body though.

20200606_221608_resized.jpg

20200606_221542_resized.jpg

20200606_215521_resized.jpg

Finished a BMW M3 body to sit on my Ta05ms. 

Hats off to @Truck Norris for the finish on his, I found it a right pain to line the three colour strips up😯

IMG-20200606-WA0008.jpeg

• Like 3

I took away the modern electronics out of my (mostly) original Frog and installed some vintage stuff. Real fun. I mean, modern electronics like ESC's and 2.4Ghz receivers improve handling greatly, but fiddling with al the wires , BEC-less receivers and battery compartments is so much fun. And it looks way more interesting too with all that stuff tucked away in the chassis! Not to mention the aesthetic qualities of vintage transmitters versus todays modern counterparts. But that's just my humble opinion. 

w7XsaMS.jpg

9TC5luE.jpg

wC5ssJW.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mark_C said:

I picked up one of my parcels of bits I've been waiting for, turns out good old RM tried to deliver it, didn't get an answer and didn't leave a card. I only got the tracking number from the seller (props to Ian @ JK-RC).

Also picked up some paint stripper from screwfix to see if its safe for plastic..

Funny I had that! thought they didn't leave a card and took a handful of identification down to the local depot and just quietly said to the guy behind the counter "the postman never left a card" he said that was strange he was meant to! Anyway when I got back home  I (just on the off chance) looked in the letter box and there it was all folded over my extra stiff bristles in my letterbox had stopped it from popping through!

Be careful with the paint stripper I totally destroyed a Ford ranger body by using paint stripper!

Bought a Zahhak on tamiyausa for $110! Really wanted the trf201 but this was too cheap to pass up 

• Like 2