Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Green from the back, purple from the front. I really love this irridescent paint! The Lame Flake was also a good idea, it really catches the light in the sun and is very sparkly. Not that we had much sun today. We had the first run of the to Comical cars; my wife has picked it up pretty well. They are great fun to drive, I was surprised by the handling, it's quite good. If you're after a fun, robust basher then I can highly recommend the Comical chassis.

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

• Like 5

Driver in place at last after some last minute fettling with the insert

A3515733-975B-44CF-8004-1AD36995DA7B.jpeg

• Like 6

First post Covid race day today at my 1/8 club, cold and terrible, ended up breaking my rear diff case that the rear shock tower attaches to, but it was great to catch up with everyone (while maintaining social distancing of course). Can’t wait for the next race day 👍🏻

• Like 6

I woke up early 3 hours before the rest of the family and in my boredom I stumbled on a BRE Datsun 510 body for M chassis cars. So now I have “impulse purchased” another M08 that I don’t need with a BRE body I don’t need and a bunch of YR hop ups that I also don’t need.

Y’all are right. M cars breed like rabbits.

• Haha 2

Put the ball diff in my fighting buggy! you forget how much you have to strip it back down (and yes I did put something upside down when i put it back together........isn't that an unwritten rule?)

20200607_150124.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Attacked my JK hard body with a craft saw to create some space for a battery in my trail rig

EAB3038D-772C-42F5-8AF8-52CC8D291EE8.jpg

CW-01 chassis are back together. Somehow I forgot to order a new servo saver for the pumpkin, so thats now on its way.

The pumpkin came with the CVAs, so they went back on, the lunch box "shock" bodies were knackered so stole them from my pumpkin lowride kit as that doesn't use them.

Both got strut & gearbox braces and bearings.

7YxGiYll.jpg

Also finished the stickering of the Subaru NBR shell.

lmk4meol.jpg

• Like 5

Threw some stickers at my tt02b

Edit: also stuck a sport tuned motor in it.

20200607_210117.jpg

• Like 4

Painted and put the decals on my black cherry hotshot body to use on my SHS. Hard to tell in pics but it’s not just black ! 

4876410E-0703-4790-9D30-D34282FFBDB0.jpeg

FDAE5CF4-E569-4AE6-A43C-639E6E8AC885.jpeg

ACBC7778-3180-4326-AA75-D95F5DD2C801.jpeg

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, JeffSpicoli said:

Dug out the Nikon and took pics.

DSC_6561_resize.jpg

DSC_6588_resize.jpg

DSC_6593_01.jpg

That looks really nice 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ploots said:

That looks really nice 

thanks man! Still got a few things I wanna do, mainly add wide hood stripes probably white, a few more sponsors maybe a fuel cell or spare wheel/tire with cargo net.

4 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

My braided cable sleeves arrived. Installed some...

GrKtdxYl.jpg

lM9G9url.jpg

GuG7iGwl.jpg

1EQYqhLl.jpg

They look nice and trick 👍

• Like 1

Finished my Thunder Dragon runner. Decided not to stick all the stickers on.

20200608_175703

• Like 5

Well the body arrived from Kamtec this morning so got the basic cutting out done. Hopefully a quiet day tomorrow to some more fettling done on it. 

IMG_20200608_202046.jpg

• Like 2

Unpacked and charged my new radio handset, hopefully for some action soon.

Went to fit the newly arrived drive shaft to the Konghead and realised I had lost the cup as well...stupid, stupid and more stupid 😂

• Sad 2

Productive morning so far. Windows made and in, sanded and light holes made. Masked up and ready for priming. Time for brews and bacon butties now

IMG_20200609_094043.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Unpacked and charged my new radio handset, hopefully for some action soon.

Went to fit the newly arrived drive shaft to the Konghead and realised I had lost the cup as well...stupid, stupid and more stupid 😂

If it makes you feel any better, Si, I've done that as well, twice... 😄

Speaking of kongheads, picked up my kids from school today, took them to the park, took the lunchbox, dump truck and konghead along, after they had a play on their bikes and the swings etc, we got the rc's out. It's cold and damp, and the grass for the fields hasn't been cut, so the lunchbox was going nowhere, the dump truck was ok, but the konghead was spinning up a storm... found out there is no drive to the centre axle, driveshafts and cups are in there, but it just free wheels, back and front turn no problem.

What was really annoying, is while this was all happening, some twat had turned up (we couldn't figure out where at first) with a 100+kph truggy thing, comes over and starts doing time trials and showing off right next to us, weaving in and out of us, doing a bunch of of speed runs, while some other parents 3 and 5 year old kids are chasing our lunchbox that's doing max 5kph on wet, long grass. He rolls it spectacularly, and nearly takes out a kid, and the mum that was letting her kids chase out cars, turns and looks at me and gives me a filthy look! 😠 I just picked everything up and walked to the car.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, berman said:

If it makes you feel any better, Si, I've done that as well, twice... 😄

Speaking of kongheads, picked up my kids from school today, took them to the park, took the lunchbox, dump truck and konghead along, after they had a play on their bikes and the swings etc, we got the rc's out. It's cold and damp, and the grass for the fields hasn't been cut, so the lunchbox was going nowhere, the dump truck was ok, but the konghead was spinning up a storm... found out there is no drive to the centre axle, driveshafts and cups are in there, but it just free wheels, back and front turn no problem.

What was really annoying, is while this was all happening, some twat had turned up (we couldn't figure out where at first) with a 100+kph truggy thing, comes over and starts doing time trials and showing off right next to us, weaving in and out of us, doing a bunch of of speed runs, while some other parents 3 and 5 year old kids are chasing our lunchbox that's doing max 5kph on wet, long grass. He rolls it spectacularly, and nearly takes out a kid, and the mum that was letting her kids chase out cars, turns and looks at me and gives me a filthy look! 😠 I just picked everything up and walked to the car.

I learnt the hard way. When my lad was probably about 3, I was letting him chase my car, he was having so much fun I ignored the inevitable and he tripped over it and faceplanted the concrete :( dad guilt forever now. Luckily he can't remember it (being so young) and his teeth were OK luckily but never a good idea for a parent to let their kids chase RC let alone your own. Im always surprised non-RC parents allow their kids to just come and pick up the trucks/cars and try and play with them. I've had a few snapped aerials because of this :blink: