Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Wetman said:

Productive morning so far. Windows made and in, sanded and light holes made. Masked up and ready for priming. Time for brews and bacon butties now

IMG_20200609_094043.jpg

Great pace of work! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Great pace of work! 

It`ll slow down in a bit I`m off to work for a couple of hours. Get a decent swing at it over the weekend hopefully

• Like 1

Started 7 days of isolation. As a bus driver you often run into all sorts and most are lovely. However cab drivers trying to drive down a bus only road don’t like being blocked and forced to turn round. This  particular bad word had an argument with me through my open cab window. His way of ending the conversation was to spit into my face. Even though I wear glasses it got into my eyes so I had to go to hospital to get advice. They recommend self isolation  Fortunately for reasons I don’t understand as long as my wife and I socially distance in the house she can still get out.

Now where are all those boxes under the bed!!!!!

• Sad 7

14 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Started 7 days of isolation. As a bus driver you often run into all sorts and most are lovely. However cab drivers trying to drive down a bus only road don’t like being blocked and forced to turn round. This  particular bad word had an argument with me through my open cab window. His way of ending the conversation was to spit into my face. Even though I wear glasses it got into my eyes so I had to go to hospital to get advice. They recommend self isolation  Fortunately for reasons I don’t understand as long as my wife and I socially distance in the house she can still get out.

Some people are disgusting! Such a shame that this situation will make some people worse

• Thanks 1

I am so sorry for you mate - that is just disgusting! 

Were you able to get his number plate or badge number? He should be reported to the police

This is the Willcon Advan Vemac shell I got with my TA05IFS. The black paint has metalflake in it but is painted on the outside and has no clear over it, so has a matt finish to it, there are also various paint runs in it too.

Inside the shell showed lines where masking tape had been. Removing the rear spoiler and back part of the body revealed what looks like a pretty neat livery:

QSOf7fNl.jpg

I'd already pulled some chintzy LEDs from the body. The black paint has gotta go..

So, with the help of some paint stripper: https://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-paint-varnish-stripper-500ml/17091

and IPA I attacked it! first of all the back part of the body as a test. I rubbed the paint stripper on with a paper towel and worked it in a bit, a few minutes later the paint is a bit gooey and a paper towel would remove some I switched to IPA to actually get it off the body.

Back part of the body - whoever painted the black just went right over the stickers and neither the stripper or IPA removed them!

9kuBnDol.jpg

Test successful - no cloduing or anything so on to the body itself and slowly, the old livery appears:

uiZkBU2l.jpg

cAHZz9Sl.jpg

Not quite sure why you'd want to slap that black stuff all over this, but with a bit more effort I think I can save it.

Good news is that paint stripper seems ok on poly bodies, I'm going got try on a ABS body a bit later as I've got paint I'm struggling to remove on an original pumpkin..

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Mark_C said:

This is the Willcon Advan Vemac shell I got with my TA05IFS. The black paint has metalflake in it but is painted on the outside and has no clear over it, so has a matt finish to it, there are also various paint runs in it too.

Inside the shell showed lines where masking tape had been. Removing the rear spoiler and back part of the body revealed what looks like a pretty neat livery:

QSOf7fNl.jpg

I'd already pulled some chintzy LEDs from the body. The black paint has gotta go..

So, with the help of some paint stripper: https://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-paint-varnish-stripper-500ml/17091

and IPA I attacked it! first of all the back part of the body as a test. I rubbed the paint stripper on with a paper towel and worked it in a bit, a few minutes later the paint is a bit gooey and a paper towel would remove some I switched to IPA to actually get it off the body.

Back part of the body - whoever painted the black just went right over the stickers and neither the stripper or IPA removed them!

9kuBnDol.jpg

Test successful - no cloduing or anything so on to the body itself and slowly, the old livery appears:

uiZkBU2l.jpg

cAHZz9Sl.jpg

Not quite sure why you'd want to slap that black stuff all over this, but with a bit more effort I think I can save it.

Good news is that paint stripper seems ok on poly bodies, I'm going got try on a ABS body a bit later as I've got paint I'm struggling to remove on an original pumpkin..

Great progress. Looks successful to me too 

2 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

I am so sorry for you mate - that is just disgusting! 

Were you able to get his number plate or badge number? He should be reported to the police

Yes got registration and cctv. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Yes got registration and cctv. 

Good let's hope he gets proper punishment and not just a slap on the wrist the dirty scum 

• Like 3

I put my modern hump back batteries on charge, they have been dormant for a while so 50/50 I would guess on breathing life back into them at best.

But if they work I'll give the Super Champ a run at the weekend, before it goes up for sale.

I bought the forgotten cups for my Konghead as well- I'll make an effort to look for them next time if they come out :o

Decided on the Landy for the CC02 for now. The good thing is that the shell clears the hard body mounts, so switching between this and the Wrangler shouldn’t take much effort.

Thought long and hard about a colour but finally decided, here’s hoping for good weather this weekend!

74DBC098-82CF-4983-8043-36131C5DA239.thumb.jpeg.819602890c48559d6a27a4080c09b2a9.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Thats disgusting. Being a driver in and around a busy town and the son of bus driver even you lot will admit you don`t help yourselves at times and arguments are bound to happen but theres lines you don`t cross and gobbing in someones face is definitely up there. Hope your ok and you nail the cretin. Apart from the polis make sure your licensing authority or council get the footage as well

• Like 1

went through all my order emails deleted what arrived and made a list of incoming. Gotta organize

99% of paint now removed

SIEwngll.jpg

Struggling with the kimbrough servo savers. The Pumpkin is an original, so has 4mm ball joints, the holes in the servo saver are far bigger than the bolts, so they'll slop around. If I upgrade to 5mm and the bigger ends like a re-re the tie rods won't fit because they'll be too thin. Not sure how to get around that one other than replace everything. On the beetle the holes in the servo saver appear ot be a tad too small and I can't screw the balljoints in..

• Like 4

Well on the case where the holes are too small, you could drill them out a touch with a 2mm or whatever drill bit.

yesterday I learned why you often don't see a King Blackfoot with the long decals on the side........:blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, mman2005 said:

Some people are disgusting! Such a shame that this situation will make some people worse

You >>MUST<< report him to the local licencing authority too.

He >SHOULD< lose his licence.

The police take a VERY dim view on that type of behaviour. Its a VERY serious offence under the Covid19 restrictions. SHOULD be jail time IIRC. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52772337

That is shockingly disgusting behaviour. I am a fleet manager for a TFL licenced firm with well over 200 drivers. I don't take ANY **** from ANYONE. Drivers, TFL Employee when they are doing an inspection at our office, or with a driver on the road and giving false information, OR from customers.

Everyone gets treated with respect, unless you show me no respect or a rude to me....

6 minutes ago, J@mes said:

What’s the plural for Blackfoot?! :blink: 

Trenchfoot?

Gangrene?

:D:lol:

• Haha 4

Found a full set of turbo optima rims I forgot I bought (years ago) when I was looking for my download cable for my **** in a Audi cam sorry dashcam (when people by an Audi is the salesman's pitch "remember when you buy one of these you are the driving God and the outside lane is for you only! you can carve people up! you can do ridiculous speeds putting other members of society at risk for your own selfish personal gain" just wondering?) Anyway I'm chuffed for my find👍

• Haha 1