Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just ordered the Exotek RS7 carbon chassis conversion for my TA07.  Also some new arms in different materials to give tuning options, rather than the TRF420 upgrade kit which was pretty expensive.  Not really sure why, I had a hankering to build another touring car and this seemed marginally more sensible as its about 2/3 the price of a TB05 and means I don't have another car sitting around.  Just most of a car in a box that could be made into another car with a few spares...I finally understand...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Inched forward in my M05-RA build, made it to step 14. On to the rear end next...

• Like 2

Ordered and installed the metal roof rack and foglamps. Also ordered another light switch so headlight/taillights/front fog lamps are separately switched from the roof rack fog lamps with the TX.

hoyiWCSh.jpg

MTQ4RDfh.jpg

uKpw1Fqh.jpg

wFpudVRh.jpg

• Like 9

Managed to get a bit more done on the bowler. Got a load of pictures so will do a build thread eventually rather than bore you all to death on this thread 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wetman said:

Managed to get a bit more done on the bowler. Got a load of pictures so will do a build thread eventually rather than bore you all to death on this thread 😂

Would love to see that build. Love the body shell your on with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wetman said:

15 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Zahhak landing 🐉 

40F8FE16-5340-4D2F-B554-799F59417BE5.jpeg

Mine's coming soon, although I like the "vintage" white Tamiya boxes and box art better, but this will suffice.

Today I am slapping in the metal motor mount for my top force courtesy of rwordenjr.  I finished the top force kit and now just need to cut out the cowl and paint it as well as the body and tail.  

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 10:25 PM, mman2005 said:

I learnt the hard way. When my lad was probably about 3, I was letting him chase my car, he was having so much fun I ignored the inevitable and he tripped over it and faceplanted the concrete :( dad guilt forever now. Luckily he can't remember it (being so young) and his teeth were OK luckily but never a good idea for a parent to let their kids chase RC let alone your own. Im always surprised non-RC parents allow their kids to just come and pick up the trucks/cars and try and play with them. I've had a few snapped aerials because of this :blink:

Sorry to hear that, mine are young and no good with RC in built up areas, hence why we go to the field, where we can minimise any accidents. I was more concerned with the random guy doing 80-100kph in an out of young children that could result in hospitalization, and blame on me, so I exited and eliminated a possible altercation.

I went to my LHS today, looked at stuff I cant afford. After a catch up and a coffee, he got me to solder up some batteries so I asked if he had any diff parts for tamiyas, and low and behold there was a couple of metal parts bags for the CC-01, so I robbed the gearbox joints and the bevel gears.

Now my konghead is back together. Noticed an o-ring missing out of the gearbox joint where the spline disintegrated, so it must have had come out of the diff just enough to round itself out. It is possible I missed an oring, or one fell out when I lost one of the many many, many many many.... step screws, dog bones, and gearbox joints (note @Grumpy pants ).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stuhas said:

If it ever gets finished with this rain. Had a free day today but showers all day. The hazards of no shed or garage

• Like 1

Been wanting one of these for a long time and finally got it! Great price too, $170 shipped 😀

A9C650A2-7F00-4B0F-A8C4-97C8B0885B6D.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, berman said:

Noticed an o-ring missing out of the gearbox joint where the spline disintegrated, so it must have had come out of the diff just enough to round itself out. It is possible I missed an oring, or one fell out when I lost one of the many many, many many many.... step screws, dog bones, and gearbox joints (note @Grumpy pants ).

I'm going to check the o-ring situation in mine now you mention this... I've replaced enough dogbones recently I suspect mine might be running with none at all!

I've had little opportunity to do much running lately as winter has definitely settled in, but in an attempt to amuse myself last night I got out the Lego. My first attempt, the Lunchbox, is pretty terrible (I'm going to try again) but I'm pretty happy with the Konghead (attempt #2) and the Dump Truck (attempt #3). Eventually I might do the whole Tamiya collection (although this raises the question, how do I do the Lunchbox and the Lunchbox Mini?)

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200611203220213_COVER.jpg

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200611203318870_COVER.jpg

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200611203412437_COVER.jpg

• Like 20

On 6/11/2020 at 8:46 AM, Jonathon Gillham said:

Just ordered the Exotek RS7 carbon chassis conversion for my TA07.  Also some new arms in different materials to give tuning options, rather than the TRF420 upgrade kit which was pretty expensive.  Not really sure why, I had a hankering to build another touring car and this seemed marginally more sensible as its about 2/3 the price of a TB05 and means I don't have another car sitting around.  Just most of a car in a box that could be made into another car with a few spares...I finally understand...

Wow! Can't wait to see this. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lsear2905 said:

I'm going to check the o-ring situation in mine now you mention this... I've replaced enough dogbones recently I suspect mine might be running with none at all!

I've had little opportunity to do much running lately as winter has definitely settled in, but in an attempt to amuse myself last night I got out the Lego. My first attempt, the Lunchbox, is pretty terrible (I'm going to try again) but I'm pretty happy with the Konghead (attempt #2) and the Dump Truck (attempt #3). Eventually I might do the whole Tamiya collection (although this raises the question, how do I do the Lunchbox and the Lunchbox Mini?)

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200611203220213_COVER.jpg

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200611203318870_COVER.jpg

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200611203412437_COVER.jpg

Very nice!!! B)

• Like 1

Printed my MadBull Wheels

IMG_20200612_101636256_HDR.thumb.jpg.a934ef0d72a9b157581023a8c10faeed.jpg

And carbonated my Cloud Steerinrods

425982668_IMG_20200612_1016473072.thumb.jpg.2eb1bc37d4ac7d0415de7351c74575bb.jpg

322424753_IMG_20200612_1017339272.thumb.jpg.563d761046f3c563ca7a369cdb0b15ee.jpg

• Like 4

My last order from RCMart hasn't arrived yet, but I've already hit them up with another order... more bits, parts and particles for my Manta Ray. A little bit of trial and error with parts/measurements, hopefully I got the right pieces for what I want to do! But the tedious part of sorting it all out is over, that in itself is a relief! 

• Like 1

Installed the Rims, my little Hello Kitty is blinking, i assume she's lking it.

20200612_201659.thumb.jpg.19c83e2bd28ed3328b7796e3f52f39f9.jpg

Also i testfitted some 120mm shocks.

Sadly i have a red Set and al golden Set of 4 Shocks....   one Set of 4 of never arrived and the other set got lost in my Chaos.

120mm Shocks give you a super duper Travel, i have them soft and saggy to avoid wheelbaselooment.

20200612_202000.thumb.jpg.70ae32aae7dab03b914f2aa914993b53.jpg

• Like 3

Built 2 sets of low friction dampers, did some more paint on the Defender bodyshell and fitted some cheap Chinese on-road tyres to my DT02:

2020-06-12_07-36-53.thumb.jpg.693384912696e018b002fa3e66e343a7.jpg

• Like 1

Installed my new paint booth in my garage ready for my VW Karmann paint job.

Then had a play, 1st time painting wheels a little messy but learning slowly.

20200612_203750_resized.jpg

20200612_203059_resized.jpg

• Like 3

Got the outer vinyls put on. I'm unsure whether to do the insides or not. This might sound daft but adding the decals seems to give the impression of taller sidewalls

IMG_20200612_190938.jpg

• Like 2