Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Part 1 of The VW Karmann paint Done. Black roof. Have to wait now for my Isopropanol Alcohol to arrive to re clean the inner body before the next colour. Just a couple of issues with masking tape leaving some residue. Why do you always Forget or run out of something when you need it. :lol:20200615_203553_resized.thumb.jpg.44644617a34ef9d43b2ca98d101faa31.jpg

• Like 6

2.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Finished the WW2.  Painting the body and Willy figure took forever with all the mistakes I made.  My very first time painting a figure.  I kinda wish I painted his suit white instead of green.  With all the painting and glue holding the body together, I'm afraid to run it.  I do have some oil filled shocks and a Sport Tuned motor on the way, but I'm debating on installing them or saving them for another kit.

Next up is a Hornet and a Monster Beetle.

• Like 12

Uh oh, more ebay fiscal hooliganism..

Body is trashed, tyres don't look good either.

s-l1600.jpg

Surprisingly, although the last re-re of this group c chassis was in 2014 there are quite a few bits on ebay, parts and screw bags etc.

Unfortunately no bodies, well, there is a street devil body set (which is what I'd like to put on it), but at £250 for a body set I'm gonna have to pass. I wonder if any pan car bodies fit... or someone has a stash of group c bodies I don't need to sell a kidney for.. a correctly painted 787b would be pretty neat too. Any suggestions ? :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Researched, listed, sourced and ordered every single part to build a 30th Anniversary Vaillant Porsche 934 from the ground up. 

I need a rest, and my credit card needs an ice bath 🥵

Sweet Lord, I can't fathom what that cost....

• Haha 3

Finished painting my 240z rally body, added a light kit and stuck it atop the TT-01E chassis.

IMG_20200611_182019.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Flare65 said:

7.jpg

I love the WW2 - I'm really regretting not picking one up before all the prices for everything RC went bonkers! 

On Sunday I finally had a chance to run my boats for the first time in 3 months, which was lovely. 

IMG_20200614_083223.jpg.0c93cb4a18f747208fd64cc929520c37.jpg

I then ran the Konghead (and my Associated B5) around my local "track," always fun (unless I break something).

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200614150927508_COVER.jpg.43084eaf360b9e5db0c6974525211950.jpg00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200614150837019_COVER.jpg.4eb395817f9331fa29d7fb0a75cb4b53.jpg00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200614150733998_COVER.jpg.3b357fd83ca41a75dd21b7b820d63513.jpg00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200614150558553_COVER.jpg.8d417c2bd4101c83f1b1101ac1db242e.jpg

I've also done a bit more Lego - I'm still not happy with the Lunchbox (although it's slightly better), I am stoked with my WR02G tractor and the Kumamon DT02 sand buggy is definitely a very poor first attempt.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200612194631585_COVER.jpg.b4b3ffbd58dfe1f267265695a2258b28.jpg00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200612194613057_COVER.jpg.7e5a4d3a7d1438327881e9bd922eb52b.jpg

Desktop5.jpg.5e7d7dec03e8218eb6c123bebd199ac5.jpg

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200614172414454_COVER.jpg.60819e6244dd1bfece37e4f3d87470f4.jpg00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200614172432014_COVER.jpg.f3f534d8c968e9ee2847a526fbfba68c.jpg

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Mark_C said:

Uh oh, more ebay fiscal hooliganism..

Body is trashed, tyres don't look good either.

s-l1600.jpg

Surprisingly, although the last re-re of this group c chassis was in 2014 there are quite a few bits on ebay, parts and screw bags etc.

Unfortunately no bodies, well, there is a street devil body set (which is what I'd like to put on it), but at £250 for a body set I'm gonna have to pass. I wonder if any pan car bodies fit... or someone has a stash of group c bodies I don't need to sell a kidney for.. a correctly painted 787b would be pretty neat too. Any suggestions ? :)

Ooooh that was a close one - I nearly put a cheeky last second bid in on that!

I think we should have a new topic on the forum for "Don't bid on this - I want it!" 

• Like 1

A couple more steps on my M05-RA build (documented in my build thread) completed this morning. Not much more left to do now, then the bit I really didn’t want to do this time - a body :(

368C2E14-FE3D-4931-918F-097AD0248A2E.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jonboy1 said:

Ooooh that was a close one - I nearly put a cheeky last second bid in on that!

I think we should have a new topic on the forum for "Don't bid on this - I want it!"

ha, much the same - wasn't really planning on bidding "I've got enough cars as it is.." but there aren't many sensibly priced Group Cs and I happened to be awake and, well its worth a punt... now I need to find a shell and some wheels, preferably the street devil.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

Sweet Lord, I can't fathom what that cost....

Not all that bad actually. The Right Motor Mount was the most expensive part, the upper/lower decks and f/r damper stays were reasonable, the screw bags were actually cheap and all the other metal parts were well discounted. Body sets are readily available, wheels and tyres were cheap at Plaza Japan and I've got dampers, turnbuckles and ball connectors in the spares box.

So all in all, not that bad. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway :lol:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

spoken like a true Tamiya addict :P 

"Does it cost less that a house? Yes. Then it's a bargain I can afford and would be foolhardy to pass by"

;) 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Not all that bad actually. The Right Motor Mount was the most expensive part, the upper/lower decks and f/r damper stays were reasonable, the screw bags were actually cheap and all the other metal parts were well discounted. Body sets are readily available, wheels and tyres were cheap at Plaza Japan and I've got dampers, turnbuckles and ball connectors in the spares box.

Be interested to know the 'approx' total if you don't mind sharing. I missed out on the TA02SW GT2 so bought all the bits separately to build a twin-deck carbon fibre version, it stands me at just under £200 all-in. 

I've just won an item on eBay that I'm particularly pleased with. The wife probably won't understand the logic of spending £30 on some stickers, mind. 

I don't have a bodyshell to put them on yet, so I'll have to buy one of those too... At least I already have a chassis for this purchase!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Researched, listed, sourced and ordered every single part to build a 30th Anniversary Vaillant Porsche 934 from the ground up. 

Brave man😲

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Be interested to know the 'approx' total if you don't mind sharing. I missed out on the TA02SW GT2 so bought all the bits separately to build a twin-deck carbon fibre version, it stands me at just under £200 all-in. 

I've just won an item on eBay that I'm particularly pleased with. The wife probably won't understand the logic of spending £30 on some stickers, mind. 

I don't have a bodyshell to put them on yet, so I'll have to buy one of those too... At least I already have a chassis for this purchase!

More than that. But much less than buying a new kit off eBay! Everything is either carbon fibre or aluminium, so it's a bit of a monster, but it's going to be a beauty to build

The other benefit of doing it this way is that it comes into the house in multiple small packages, instead of one big question-prompting box. It's stealthy. A bit like The Great Escape, except smuggling the dirt in piece by piece, rather than out :lol:

• Haha 6

I picked up another sweet vintage lancia rally not far from where i live.

Its really original, apart from the bumper bars (black metal instead of the aluminium) and a 540 motor. The wheels have been painted white, and the front bumper has been repaired and painted, but the body is near perfect.

J

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 13

Seems that the extended first run of my OG Thunder Dragon the other day, and the associated massive overheating of the 17t brushed motor was enough to kill it. I have run it twice now and despite checking everyrhing it's slow and can barely get out of its own way. Found thay Team Powers (the official uk Iconic supplier) are selling off the V2 motors. They are around 17t brushed, and £9 posted in the uk. Given scarcity and expense of all rc electrics at the moment and the gamble on posting from the Far East, these look like a great option for a fairly fast brushed motor, in stock in the uk. Should have it by the end of the week. 

• Like 2

Stunk out the kitchen baking all my wheels and tyres (yes the wife was at work!j)

Have been running mismatched  random wheels and colours until I got a combo I liked. Placing some tyre orders today and wanted a blank slate before glueing up. 

On 6/15/2020 at 8:26 PM, Juhunio said:

I did exactly the same thing with a Fighting Buggy recently. I was sorting through my spares and realised I had slightly over half the parts already. I decided that unless they re-release it for a 3rd time it might be my last chance.

Then it started to get expensive, so I bought fewer parts at once leaving big enough gaps to forget the previous deliveries (about 3 days, age is taking its toll), which worked. Sort of. Well, no it didn't, but I have them all now so it's done. :)

50015576021_500937644c_k.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

First thing this morning I got the servo for the M05-RA prepped. Updated my build thread.

Had to pop up into the loft at lunch. Grabbed my Turnigy tx/Rx combo and chanced upon one of my M04 Giulia, thought I might 'borrow' the body for the rally car. No chance! The Giulia is mint! A shelf queen in need of a shelf...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fuijo said:

I did exactly the same thing with a Fighting Buggy recently. I was sorting through my spares and realised I had slightly over half the parts already. I decided that unless they re-release it for a 3rd time it might be my last chance.

Then it started to get expensive, so I bought fewer parts at once leaving big enough gaps to forget the previous deliveries (about 3 days, age is taking its toll), which worked. Sort of. Well, no it didn't, but I have them all now so it's done. :)

50015576021_500937644c_k.jpg

Lovin’ your work 👍

• Like 1

I am having the week off this week, and this morning i took the TA06 and the FF03 to the newly opened outdoor track (new layout) for a blissful few hours of running, practice and setup. 

20200617_103516

Ladder is makeshift rostrum. 

Two things came out of the day 1) My FF03 4GR is mega. Really fun and easy to drive, and responded to setup changes to get better and better 2) Although i got it running kind of ok, the FF03 threw my tricky TA06 into sharp relief. I just couldn't get it to a point where i was doing anything more than managing it, rather than pushing and having fun. As i result, i think the TA06 will have to go. I am sure someone will appreciate as a street runner, or maybe are better at setup than me! Whatever, i am going to concentrate on running my FF03 if i do race. 

This is the new layout

FB_IMG_1592410447442.jpg

• Like 6