Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not really today but late night last night. Part 2 of the paint done. Quite happy with the outcome, a couple of small bleed through's but wont be seen once window surrounds and decals are done. 

20200617_054948_resized_2.thumb.jpg.500e6ea35244fa9e29d9681776259807.jpg20200617_185648_resized.thumb.jpg.550a0c4382e5e8cf33fb94f87562c49d.jpg20200617_054846_resized_2.thumb.jpg.c25a53822a0800b2512668850349d0c4.jpg

• Like 17

I installed the DF-O3 white dampers on my Bear Hawk that I am restoring/customizing (body not finished yet). Before installing them I was thinking of dyeing them, but white looks good. What do you think?

mUf12QC.jpg

QMwkUfd.jpg

• Like 12

19 minutes ago, Bastiaan said:

I installed the DF-O3 white dampers on my Bear Hawk that I am restoring/customizing (body not finished yet). Before installing them I was thinking of dyeing them, but white looks good. What do you think?

mUf12QC.jpg

QMwkUfd.jpg

I would leave them white. They look good as-is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With a day off and restrictions lifting on moving around I set out on an epic journey across the Tropic of Capricorn to Rockhampton,

95F83886-E0A7-4546-BF81-C77719FCB12D.jpg

You’d think there would be some kind of Fanfare, parade or fireworks to mark the occasion but no, not even a line across the road. Just the usual Flash for Cash sitting there in his unmarked ute to the left of the picture to welcome you to town with a speeding ticket, (luckily not me😁, instead a cuppa from the thermos to celebrate)

Called in the Hobby Shop there picked up some paint, XT60 connectors, body clips and enquired about getting in a Buggyra Fat Fox in for me. 

• Like 9

Ok, so what’s gone wrong here?

Surely this angle isn’t right for a servo in the M05?

65455C07-C572-44C7-B134-4213984A1D75.jpg

Going to have to re-check that upgrade mount at the rear but I’m not sure where I could have gone wrong?!

60B5BA9C-A944-4907-87BE-3B57CC69B063.png

I got really brave and told my wife about the RS7 chassis kit. She wasn't fazed, at all. Weird. I think its a trap

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Ok, so what’s gone wrong here?

Surely this angle isn’t right for a servo in the M05?

65455C07-C572-44C7-B134-4213984A1D75.jpg

Going to have to re-check that upgrade mount at the rear but I’m not sure where I could have gone wrong?!

60B5BA9C-A944-4907-87BE-3B57CC69B063.png

maybe a fault in the manual, what happens if you reverse the alloy servo mount, so that the thick part of it mounted to face the bottom of the chassis.

• Thanks 1

Hey @Badcrumble, have you got this spacer bit on the front mount?

It doesn’t show in the main instructions but I have a vague recollection of it being in one of the additional instructions slips of paper in the box when I built mine. I believe this was so standard servos would fit as well as low profile ones.

48FBD75D-9CB0-4F13-A3D7-A5B0F309D186.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Hey @Badcrumble, have you got this spacer bit on the front mount?

It doesn’t show in the main instructions but I have a vague recollection of it being in one of the additional instructions slips of paper in the box when I built mine. I believe this was so standard servos would fit as well as low profile ones.

48FBD75D-9CB0-4F13-A3D7-A5B0F309D186.jpg

Aha! Thank you! I am a fool! I had been concentrating on the need for longer screws and for some reason thought they went at the back! Totally overlooked the A7 part. I knew something wasn't right!!!

• Like 4

So tonight i installed the Yeah Racing Motor Mount and Gear Box Plate on the M06 and Tomorrows job is to build up the Aluminium Damper set Ready for the Karmann Ghia Body

20200618_222823_resized.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stuhas said:

So tonight i installed the Yeah Racing Motor Mount and Gear Box Plate on the M06 and Tomorrows job is to build up the Aluminium Damper set Ready for the Karmann Ghia Body

20200618_222823_resized.jpg

I'll be very interested in your thoughts on these shocks

• Like 1

After a year in the garage I’ve painted my X-maxxx body inspired to hot wheels baja.

A297F739-772A-49B8-8E6E-ADD9DF31363B.jpeg

FDF59CA5-59A4-46E9-BD85-F5FBA2904D13.jpeg

D0106297-666B-4507-AB2F-C45A59BE927A.jpeg

7FB45EB5-9D71-429E-87D9-3F2382A0C4EA.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Last night I managed to break more parts on the TA03-RS Lancia.

"That front wheel doesn't look right, oh the hub carrier has just broke"

The idea is cleaning and getting it back in good order but it seems the exact opposite is happening.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stexxx77 said:

After a year in the garage I’ve painted my X-maxxx body inspired to hot wheels baja.

A297F739-772A-49B8-8E6E-ADD9DF31363B.jpeg

FDF59CA5-59A4-46E9-BD85-F5FBA2904D13.jpeg

D0106297-666B-4507-AB2F-C45A59BE927A.jpeg

7FB45EB5-9D71-429E-87D9-3F2382A0C4EA.jpeg

that's amazing! is that all paint???!!!! 

10 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Once I've built them today i will let you know. They do have a good look and feel to them.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2020 at 8:35 AM, Re-Bugged said:

With a day off and restrictions lifting on moving around I set out on an epic journey across the Tropic of Capricorn to Rockhampton,

95F83886-E0A7-4546-BF81-C77719FCB12D.jpg

You’d think there would be some kind of Fanfare, parade or fireworks to mark the occasion but no, not even a line across the road. Just the usual Flash for Cash sitting there in his unmarked ute to the left of the picture to welcome you to town with a speeding ticket, (luckily not me😁, instead a cuppa from the thermos to celebrate)

Called in the Hobby Shop there picked up some paint, XT60 connectors, body clips and enquired about getting in a Buggyra Fat Fox in for me. 

I've just did the same popped down to my local town centre (my local hobby shop is not in my town) to get some super glue and I'm afraid if this is the future of the way we have to shop with one way systems that just suddenly stop and having to stand outside "2 metre" distancing, been given instructions on how to conduct yourself in the shop??? (Yeah really).......I think our high street are going to be a thing of the past (unfortunately) its going to wear pretty thin pretty quickly? I'm just going to stick to the internet from now on!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, stuhas said:

Once I've built them today i will let you know. They do have a good look and feel to them.

I'm interested too, sounds good to me, I need a set for my pumpkin lowride to replace the junk in the kit, the back barely manages to keep the gearbox off the ground, its the worst kit I've ever seen from tamiya. Where did you get them from? I see speedrc have them.

2 hours ago, Mark_C said:

I'm interested too, sounds good to me, I need a set for my pumpkin lowride to replace the junk in the kit, the back barely manages to keep the gearbox off the ground, its the worst kit I've ever seen from tamiya. Where did you get them from? I see speedrc have them.

14 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

They were from RCMart and only 3 weeks delivery, Not bad from HK. They were fairly easy to put together and everything went together very easily and no issues. They included 5 sets of springs with different ratings. All colour coded and range from Super Soft to Super Hard. I went for the super soft springs but its very easy to swap out if you want a harder ride. I haven't run it yet and with this weather may be a few days before i can, There are easy to work out instructions they are Just an exploded view with everything marked.  Would definitely recommend and at approx £20 a bargain, but dont forget to add on shipping. I always try to add a number of items to my orders so the shipping is worth while.

20200619_124434_resized.jpg

20200619_122226_resized.jpg

20200619_122346_resized.jpg

20200619_123217_resized.jpg

20200619_123752_resized.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Those shocks are excellent value in my experience. The transparent shaft seals that they are supplied with sometimes let them down a bit, but Tamiya red o-rings are a direct replacement and keep them leak-free. Initially I used to fit Tamiya plastic eyelets in place of the harder stock ones, but a while ago I ran out of Tamiya ones and gave the stock ones a try - they haven't broken yet, so perhaps I was being over-cautious. Other than that, they are very nicely made, not quite TRF levels of finish, but pretty close, for a fraction of the price.

• Like 5

Just to add my experience, I have found them to be almost directly copied from Tamiya's own TRF dampers, with just a few minor differences. The plastic parts on mine, at the top where they attach to the damper stay, went brittle and failed after about a year of light use. Of the two sets that I have, both have one or two leaking dampers, as @TurnipJF says, probably down to the lower O-ring but I also don't have much faith in the seals in the top either.

When the plastic top parts failed on mine (split so they couldn't hold the ball connector) the Tamiya equivalent on the V-parts tree fit exactly in their place. I suspect the top seals would fit too, the dimensions are so similar...

• Thanks 1