Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ordered a set of trx4 portal axles with remote diff locks for my bruiser clone. 
Not sure this one will pan out yet. Likely a 4 link set up. 

• Like 2

More of a "What am I doing currently?" but will be past tense later... 

...just servicing, cleaning, regreasing and tweaking. Having a swift summer beverage whilst doing so. Life feels good in the garage (dining room). 

spacer.png

Three more little packages in the mail box today! Got excited...

...once again, all for my wife.

Re-bummed.

• Sad 2

Ordered a Bullhead from AsiaTees, then ordered a Tremor Pro chassis kit from Thunder Tech. It’ll be a month before I have the Thunder Tech kit but it’ll be worth the wait. I’ve always wanted to convert a Clod! 😃

3 hours ago, tamiya_1971 said:

Ordered a Bullhead from AsiaTees, then ordered a Tremor Pro chassis kit from Thunder Tech. It’ll be a month before I have the Thunder Tech kit but it’ll be worth the wait. I’ve always wanted to convert a Clod! 😃

Where did you order the Tremor?  I always wanted a Thunder Tech chassis Clod.

6 minutes ago, tamiya3speed said:

Where did you order the Tremor?  I always wanted a Thunder Tech chassis Clod.

I had to revive my Facebook account to join the "Team Thunder Tech Racing" group. The guy that owns it (Darren) doesn't use his old website but is working on a new one. In the meantime, he has prices listed of everything he currently is selling posted in the group. If you are interested, you send him a message, he gives you an idea on how long it'll be before it ships and sends his PayPal ID for payment.   I was going to go CPE on the chassis, but the Tremor looks awesome. It's about 100 bucks more than what I "wanted" to pay, but I figured why be disappointed?  I've wanted an aftermarket chassis ever since I first laid eyes on a Clod Sassy Chassis. Go big I guess. :D

https://www.facebook.com/groups/453856024744629/

Took advantage of the ridiculous weather and painted the body for my upcoming FF03 build. I went with box art in the end, I was tempted to go bright green but I bottled it in the end. The blue isn’t Tamiya PS16 but rather the Abisma metallic blue colour, which I think looks quite nice, it’s a bit less vivid but still very sparkly. Stickers next!

37B044A9-A33D-429D-B113-70557591E94B.thumb.jpeg.1c8be105e373ab6cb0c42c93e6b232e6.jpegA1A9639F-CA60-432B-96B9-D19E1F492B3B.thumb.jpeg.80b0c218b2be07e9edb33ce577f5e463.jpeg82AAE9CC-DAA4-4B8F-9237-39FC916A0EE8.thumb.jpeg.da73986b06db9c472679635f48acc6f3.jpeg

• Like 5

Went to the track after work for some more practice and scrubbing in new tyres and trying new additive

20200624_213353

Scrubbing in tyres on fwd is hard! Fronts scrubbed in then overheated to understeer. Swapped over and fought oversteer for 20 mins until the other pair calmed down and the rears came in again! Live and learn. I guess you don't often do this when it's 29deg in the uk! 

Fun though, and feels like i have a good setup to work from as i ended up just unhooking the rear sway bar compared to last time. Promising for fun evenings racing later in the summer. 

• Like 4

the SW-01 lost power at the wheels. Turned out to be the axles were spinning in the little plastic universals, not being held in place by grub screws. Yeah Racing universals are $15 a pair but In the meantime I got busy with the epoxy resin.

50042142792_f3609b011e_b.jpg 

Should be popping wheelies again in the morning.

• Like 1

Sad Unimog wants to go outside to harass the neighbour's dog but it's raining too much.  The CR01 with locked diffs isn't great at turning in tight spots indoors.

adqTmMA.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Finished building my TT02D, for now. Quite happy with the outcome, as my first build in over 20 years, really need to practice cutting out wheel arches...

20200624_191241.jpg

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, Roguet said:

Finished building my TT02D, for now. Quite happy with the outcome, as my first build in over 20 years, really need to practice cutting out wheel arches...

20200624_191241.jpg

You mean  ‘now really need to practice driving sideways’  

:D

• Haha 1

Yesterday really. Removed axles ready for my TRX4 ones to arrive.

Also would like to ditch the plastic radio box, but not sure how to mount the gearbox servo yet.

Can you dye the bumpers or any paint suggestions?

F122BE5B-C2D8-4D32-B9B1-46E88A987F9E.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Butler said:

Yesterday really. Removed axles ready for my TRX4 ones to arrive.

Also would like to ditch the plastic radio box, but not sure how to mount the gearbox servo yet.

Can you dye the bumpers or any paint suggestions?

I'm not sure about dying them, painting plastic will just end up in scratches exposing the white. You can always get the Tamiya 9000360 D parts for the Bruiser in black.

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/7-digit-spare-parts/rc-d-parts-58519/

• Thanks 1

Not today but last night I spent half an hour wiring up some LED lights for my Lunchbox. It's easier to just buy ready made kits but you don't know how good the lights are and they tend to have resistors in that make them safe for at least 6v and sometimes as much as 12v but the problem is if you use them with a BEC that has a lower voltage then you don't get the maximum potential from the lights.

So I used one of those calculators, added the BEC voltage, LED drop voltage and current, got the right resistors, soldered and heat shrunk it all together and popped a servo plug on the end.

End result? My "expensive" Nichia LEDs are very bright but have totally different colour temps! :rolleyes: never had that with those cheap Chinese ready made kits or cheap lots of 5mm LEDs off ebay. So much for premium!

I thought these companies did "binning" these days to make sure batches had broadly similar shades of white? I guess Nichia don't and neither do RS components!

I guess I'll have to go through the bag I have and try and sort them into pairs as best I can!

Oh well, it still looks pretty good, the amount of light they kick out is pretty impressive and they will come in handy when the days get short again. Cant wait to scoot it around on the beach in the dusk. Really need to get a better matching pair in there though, I'm usually immune from OCD but it's got me twitching lol

cfp4TBV.jpg

oPRGPiR.jpg

HfiNmTT.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, J@mes said:

You mean  ‘now really need to practice driving sideways’  

:D

J@mes, yes, that is certainly going to take some practice  is not as easy as it looks...

Fitted my new radio set r/x to my Konghead.

I’ll use some YouTube tutorials to set it properly.

Now charging some batteries for a weekend blast 😊

MUDMAD chassis 1/2 built. This has bearings, zero toe and glued axles From the start. Felt weird pushing the pinion on the motor with no grub screw! 

50044960046_be4ed0d1f1_b.jpg

gotta say it’s a better looking kit in black compared with the light grey mini LB 

• Like 1

Replaced a stock manual speed control with an ESC on my stadium blitzer. Mounting options were limited with short wires but figure something that hopefully will work. 

Yesterday ordered a couple of "bashers" for my lads.

Went for a Maverick Strada DT and an XT.

First order from Time Tunnel Models. Went with them as they give you the option for them to remove the included (rubbish) battery and charger from the box in return for money off.

12 minutes ago, Peter_B said:

Yesterday ordered a couple of "bashers" for my lads.

Went for a Maverick Strada DT and an XT.

First order from Time Tunnel Models. Went with them as they give you the option for them to remove the included (rubbish) battery and charger from the box in return for money off.

I'm confused - why couldn't they use your Mountain Rider and Arrma Kraton? :mellow:

;) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jonboy1 said:

I'm confused - why couldn't they use your Mountain Rider and Arrma Kraton? :mellow:

;) 

Because they don't like the colour.

Especially of the Mountain Rider because it's not been painted yet!

• Haha 2