Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, J@mes said:

MUDMAD chassis 1/2 built. This has bearings, zero toe and glued axles From the start. Felt weird pushing the pinion on the motor with no grub screw! 

How did you glue the axles? I have the SW01 Lunch Box, but I havent started building it yet. It seems the axles seem to be a bit of a weak point.

This is for last night again but I took the box out to try out it's lights. They work pretty well! Tons of light output but the beam is a little on the wide side maybe. Not bad for just 2 lights though. It's not going to allow me to blast around an unknown area in pitch black but you can say that about most RC lighting systems. The only ones that give massive illumination like that are ones with multiple roof lights etc.

They certainly make night driving possible in familiar places though simply because I know where it is at any given time. And they work really well when driving slowly through trees etc.

2pXF1MD.jpg
0cZHQtd.jpg
MiRFBf0.jpg
VtoXnUE.jpg
dnJA8M2.jpg

• Like 9

Very cool @nowinaminute

It's simply too hot here to do anything! I might paint another bodyshell later today, but the thought of using the hairdryer to apply decals is not something I'm currently interested in doing! Shall I paint the GT2 or the Skyline today?... :unsure:

Finished off my Driver/cockpit for the Defender.  Its a bit tight in there but i'm sure he can manage.

Enjoyed painting the driver but think i'm going to need a Magnifying Glass if i do more B)20200626_135855_resized.thumb.jpg.6655fb242f120627536afb808fb1eb75.jpg

20200626_145612_resized.thumb.jpg.e00290f1c650031e78128c8569ad4c9c.jpg20200626_145644_resized.thumb.jpg.fcc56c1a4636f8d5fc46bffc133d1763.jpg20200626_144815_resized.thumb.jpg.9867cb98149bb9a243969bde9d34454a.jpg

• Like 9

After chatting to some colleagues who’ve got in to RC during lockdown, I had some enthusiasm to get back on with a stalled project. 

Painted this some time in 2019, then got put off by the stickers

AD6-D248-C-8-BD9-4-A7-D-8015-A87-E38-E4-

not perfect, but it’s going to be a runner on my XV01, so it’s all good. Not as fiddly as I was concerned about, and I think I’ve done the worst of it.

• Like 5

Me and a buddy did some speed runs today.

he with his TC6.1 and 5200kv brushless combo on 3s reached 113kmh.

me with my FF03 and a Tamiya 8T brushless on 2s reached 82kmh.

the season just begun. Managed to get 51T 0.4 pinion today... lets see what spur I will find tomorrow for it. Also a 3s run with the FF03 will be interesting these next days.

• Like 1

Not today but yesterday. Three more lil' packages in the mail box. One even had a logo that slightly resembled the one from RCMart!

...all were for my wife, once again. Frivolous, non-essential mask samples (how many variants of such item can possibly exist?), where are my needed, absolutely-essential hop ups??

Aaaargh :P

I will leave that mail box alone for a few days (told myself yesterday, went back to check today-_-)

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

How did you glue the axles? I have the SW01 Lunch Box, but I havent started building it yet. It seems the axles seem to be a bit of a weak point.

1st time (pic) with epoxy resin, this time with super glue. 

50042142792_f3609b011e_b.jpg

Finished assembling MUDMAD last night, bar the esc & servo arm.

50048894448_2b47d535b7_b.jpg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, stuhas said:

Finished off my Driver/cockpit for the Defender.  Its a bit tight in there but i'm sure he can manage.

Enjoyed painting the driver but think i'm going to need a Magnifying Glass if i do more B)20200626_135855_resized.thumb.jpg.6655fb242f120627536afb808fb1eb75.jpg

If you did decide to add a bit more, perhaps enlarge the ears, grey the hair and you would have HRH Prince Charles at the wheel...

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

I'm trying to learn how to use the lathe and mill, so the last week I had a go at some rims and rear Hornet adapters. The finish could be better (nothing a good polish wouldn't fix), but as a beginner, I'm happy enough with them. I need to make 3 more of the front facing rim and they'll go onto my CC01 Land Freeder.

2020_06_27_machining-15.jpeg

2020_06_27_machining-13.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Me and a buddy did some speed runs today.

he with his TC6.1 and 5200kv brushless combo on 3s reached 113kmh.

me with my FF03 and a Tamiya 8T brushless on 2s reached 82kmh.

the season just begun. Managed to get 51T 0.4 pinion today... lets see what spur I will find tomorrow for it. Also a 3s run with the FF03 will be interesting these next days.

a video of the FF03

• Like 5

Fitted an exhaust to my Subaru:

2020-06-27_12-22-41

Looks a lot more realistic than the supplied sticker I think. 

• Like 9

Find it funny, that the Mrs rolls her eyes ,when RC stuff arrives, but then quite happy to pinch my shock pump and pit light for her jewellery making!?! 🤔

2020-06-27_12-40-27

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I took the Konghead to the woods bright and early and promptly lost another step screw 💩

At least this time I found the dog bone and drive cup 👍

Came home and order the 18mm 3R step screw and 6x 3mm lock nuts as recommend by @berman 💥

It was nice while it lasted 😊

image.jpg

• Like 2

Actually over the last few days, but finished this afternoon, I gave my Dirt Trasher a complete cleaning and build in my first blue alloy parts. Love this car.

IMG_20200627_180058_compress55.jpg

IMG_20200627_180645_compress67.jpg

• Like 7

10 days ago i decided my FF03 was so much fun that i would sell my TA06 because it wouldn't get much use. TA06 auction hasn't even finished yet and i have just bought a lovely TB03 off @Mark3gti! I am hoping it's similarity to the FF03 will make it equally fun. 

• Like 4

Axles complete on my clod black build. Def not my favorite build because trying to fit the cpe chassis was a pain not knowing if you use or dont use the tamiya braces too caused me to tear that section of the build down3 or 4 times. 

B8E9CFD1-BE47-45E1-902F-89B99F48C304.jpeg

• Like 1

Paid the customs charge on an order from RCMart. The largest order I have made from them, I paid for the most expensive shipping - turned out to be Fed Ex. 

Annoyingly, I thought of a few other things I needed after I had made the order...

• Like 1

Went onto the bay to buy a set of A, B, C and D parts bag for the super shot in hopes of them having the hardware/screws that I need to complete my HS to SHS conversion....

Out for a family walk this afternoon, so we took our 'dogs' with us
IMG-1253.jpg

Some of the lines were a little bit unusual

IMG-1244.jpg

But they all got home with minor injuries

Unimog CC01 broke a wing mirror and snapped a servo saver. I'm about to do surgery to see if there were any other side effects

FJ CC01 had some bumper issues that won't buff out. Plenty more life in the other 3 corners of the shell, so it'll be staying.

GS02 just laughed and carried on, no problems there. However I do question whether it should be able to pull reverse wheelies? (makes me think something is actually borked)

IMG-1256.jpg

Lots of laughs, no tears (which is good for 5 and 3 year old pilots). 6 month old in the buggy was very interested in it all, so it looks good for another enthusiast (and more leeway for more RC purchases :D )

• Like 11

I’m sitting here thinking do I make a start on the holiday buggy kit or do I wait for the bearings (from China 😔) before I start.

5 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

10 days ago i decided my FF03 was so much fun that i would sell my TA06 because it wouldn't get much use. TA06 auction hasn't even finished yet and i have just bought a lovely TB03 off @Mark3gti! I am hoping it's similarity to the FF03 will make it equally fun. 

No problem! Look forward to seeing what you get up to with it! :) 

I also did a similar thing so now get to keep a 

415 which I pre-purchased. That’s the wife happy for another day! 🤣 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

No problem! Look forward to seeing what you get up to with it! :) 

I also did a similar thing so now get to keep a 

415 which I pre-purchased. That’s the wife happy for another day! 🤣 

• Like 1