Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Annoyingly, I thought of a few other things I needed after I had made the order...

I can completely relate to that, there’s always more isn’t there!?!
Trouble is I take sooooo long to compile a list to justify the original item that by the time I’m ready to checkout the first item is now out of stock anyway....then it’s back to the drawing board. 🤨🤔

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Leaving a bearing to soak with WD40 while going shopping as is stuck on there. I’m changing the wheels over from the white to the orange set with sand tyres on. Funny thing is the bearing still spins fine if it ends up staying where it is.

06517929-5C64-4268-97F6-2C878A331058.jpg

51 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Trouble is I take sooooo long to compile a list to justify the original item that by the time I’m ready to checkout the first item is now out of stock anyway....then it’s back to the drawing board. 🤨🤔

Glad it’s not only me that this happens too. The other thing is while waiting for 1 item to re stock, others go out of stock 🤬

• Haha 3

In an effort not to binge buy on whim I usually wait for a week or so to see how feel about it down the track, that’s when I generally miss out. But with some recent chatter on Minis & M Chassis’s this popped up and ordered one 😁. Just hope UK to Aus post is still happening 😬

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PHAT-BODIES-Miglia-Mini-Cooper-body-shell-MTC-M-chassis-Tamiya-M08-M03-M04-M05/333626645673?hash=item4dadb29ca9:g:jcgAAOSwTopelIg6

• Like 4

It was a good Tamiya Saturday afternoon for me. A couple days ago I swapped the refurbished GT Tuned, which felt too silent and "polite" on the Hornet, for an HPI Firebolt 15T and today I had fun running it. The thing now flies! 

20200627-213730.jpg

20200627-213810.jpg

20200627-214159.jpg

Screenshot-20200627-213843-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20200627-213627-Gallery.jpg

20200627-213717.jpg

There was a legit Munchy pit-stop between battery packs.20200627-214657.jpg

20200627-214729.jpg

The whole kit!Screenshot-20200627-211903-Video-Player.

After the Hornet I got out the Boss too just to stretch its legs. Hopped righ by the groundhogs' burrow...

Screenshot-20200627-214527-Gallery.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

In an effort not to binge buy on whim I usually wait for a week or so to see how feel about it down the track, that’s when I generally miss out. But with some recent chatter on Minis & M Chassis’s this popped up and ordered one 😁. Just hope UK to Aus post is still happening 😬

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PHAT-BODIES-Miglia-Mini-Cooper-body-shell-MTC-M-chassis-Tamiya-M08-M03-M04-M05/333626645673?hash=item4dadb29ca9:g:jcgAAOSwTopelIg6

That’s a cool looking mini body, very flying brick :ph34r:

• Like 1

Built and fitted a pair of UJs to the DB01

50051930038_319f0745c2_o.jpg

50053003402_305ee9ae37_o.jpg

Slowly removing a thick layer of paint from a polycarbonate  bodyshell.  

50053004437_773e27a507_o.jpg

4 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

anything I've ordered from the UK since march has been 4 to 5 weeks. Although I am still waiting for that Revell paint remover to arrive, that's been 5 weeks so far, so hopefully this week. Orders out of China have gotten a lot better though, they are now tracking about 2 weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

That’s a cool looking mini body, very flying brick :ph34r:

Seeing as the Tamiya Mini shells are getting rarer and pricey I thought a non Tamiya wouldn’t be so heart breaking in the event of an unplanned mishap. 😉 
I’m also thinking M08 (I have an M05 I could use) as I like RWD it would be a slightly custom build so wouldn’t need to be proper FWD as you’d have to with a ligit Tamiya shell.

I also don’t want to count my chickens yet though as it’s all speculation til it actually turns up. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

For the first time ever I compiled that list and ordered everything on my last order, paid the fedex shipping. The only problem is the ad for 54691 said it came with enough arms for one car, but it doesn't. So i had a front and rear arm of the stiffness i wanted ror my TA07, but obviously needed 2 of each.

But then my wife worked late so its her fault really. I had a couple IIPA which were 8.5% so 3 standards per can, and ordered the alloy steering for the TA07 to justify the shipping on those extra arms. I had told myself I was never getting the alloy steering and the kit stuff is judt fine, but really, what do I know?!

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, yogi-bear said:

anything I've ordered from the UK since march has been 4 to 5 weeks. Although I am still waiting for that Revell paint remover to arrive, that's been 5 weeks so far, so hopefully this week. Orders out of China have gotten a lot better though, they are now tracking about 2 weeks.

My Mum sent a card from the UK for the wife’s birthday and took a month. I’ve tried to make a couple of orders from HK but have been out of stock and refunded or put on hold. I’d just about given up bothering til things get anywhere back to normal. 

• Like 1

I think I’m going to adopt you tactics @Jonathon Gillham, I’ve just stocked up on Asahi beers, so I’ll neck a few this arvo and go nuts online 👍🏻 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Novamadcars said:

I’m sitting here thinking do I make a start on the holiday buggy kit or do I wait for the bearings (from China 😔) before I start.

Paint the driver and accessories and watch some you tube videos whilst you wait for the bearings.

The wheels take dye if you wanted to change the yellow as well- use Ritdye 💥  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

That’s a great looking Mini 💥

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

I think I’m going to adopt you tactics @Jonathon Gillham, I’ve just stocked up on Asahi beers, so I’ll neck a few this arvo and go nuts online 👍🏻 😉

A great beer choice as well 👍

• Thanks 1

Just bought a second Blitzer Beetle, 3 weeks after the first one...:blink:

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Falcon#5 said:

Just bought a second Blitzer Beetle, 3 weeks after the first one...:blink:

There are a brilliant all round model to own imo.

I’ve had at least 7 or 8 variants and I always regret selling them, so guess what’s on my shopping list next 😂

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

There are a brilliant all round model to own imo.

I’ve had at least 7 or 8 variants and I always regret selling them, so guess what’s on my shopping list next 😂

I missed out on a rere NIB last weekend (forgot the auction end time...) :(

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Falcon#5 said:

I missed out on a rere NIB last weekend (forgot the auction end time...) :(

Don't you hate that , when you really want it as well Grrrrr ...  I have done that many times , even got wrong day , let alone time 

:lol: .... 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, matman said:

Don't you hate that , when you really want it as well Grrrrr ...  I have done that many times , even got wrong day , let alone time 

:lol: .... 

I really wanted it as well... It's a bit easier to take when you forget.

What gets me frustrated if I'm using my phone to bid and have poor reception. Auction ends before phone can submit my sniping bid. :angry:

Especially when it goes for way less than what I was willing to pay...

Success!! The stubborn bearing came off, sand tyres on and I’m tentatively booking in a beach run on Tuesday as it’s theoretically my Sunday before going back on the roster to work on Wednesday 😁

image.jpg

We’ll see how it goes on 2s but I have a feeling a 3s upgrade will be required for the desired roosting.

And a few of @yogi-bear decals to finish things off 😁

image81367c1c2cd654d8.jpg

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, Falcon#5 said:

I really wanted it as well... It's a bit easier to take when you forget.

What gets me frustrated if I'm using my phone to bid and have poor reception. Auction ends before phone can submit my sniping bid. :angry:

Especially when it goes for way less than what I was willing to pay...

I use to manually snipe, now I used a hosted server like gixen, that way it doesn't matter if I forget or have internet issues at the time. It does cost though, about $6US per year.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, yogi-bear said:

I use to manually snipe, now I used a hosted server like gixen, that way it doesn't matter if I forget or have internet issues at the time. It does cost though, about $6US per year.

For $6, I'm sold B)

• Like 1