Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Thanks @ThunderDragonCy, funny to think that your old wheels will soon be ripping up a beach on the other side of the world 😁

Ah, it that where they came from? Nice to see them being used in such a great way. 

• Like 1

Finally managed to get a bit more done on the bowler. I'll update the build thread later, had a stupidly busy week at work so not had much time for anything else

My brother dropped off his old hpi savage for me to try and fix for him as he is completely handless with these kind of things. It's in quite a sorry state after sitting in his garage for the last decade or so. Got my work cut out I think 😬

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andra said:

My brother dropped off his old hpi savage for me to try and fix for him as he is completely handless with these kind of things. It's in quite a sorry state after sitting in his garage for the last decade or so. Got my work cut out I think 😬

These are amazing fun, I had one for a couple of years and it was probably the best RC I’ve ever owned. 

Took the TT-02 out today but kept the AMG GT3 body at home for a beater. Pretty fun. I'm going to play with the timing and gearing to see what kind of speed I can get out of it. Right now, conservatively geared at 72/35 for a 13.5T brushless on lipo. No temp issues.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Seeing as the Tamiya Mini shells are getting rarer and pricey I thought a non Tamiya wouldn’t be so heart breaking in the event of an unplanned mishap. 😉 
I’m also thinking M08 (I have an M05 I could use) as I like RWD it would be a slightly custom build so wouldn’t need to be proper FWD as you’d have to with a ligit Tamiya shell.

I also don’t want to count my chickens yet though as it’s all speculation til it actually turns up. 

If using the M08 you could pretend it is a Z-cars conversion

https://www.zcars.org.uk/honda-k20/

• Like 2

I finally finished sorting out the chassis of my "Deep" Impact. Only the receiver is left; it'll go on the right side where the space is. Now to decide if I want to go box stock for the body or get creative with paint...

IMG_20200628_213213__01.jpg

• Like 10

Put the first coat of primer on the pumpkin & lunchbox body. I'll give them a light sand back and another coat, hopefully be ready for colour then.

Finished stickering, mounted the Audi A2 body to see what it looks like on my XV01LD. Pretty pleased; it's not perfect, but this will be a runner. For that reason I've hesitated to add the front fog lights, those look like they'd last one run.

IMG-1259.jpg

Need to sort out some replacement wheels though.

Rummaging through the spares box found these items

IMG-1266.jpg

7183-F5-A1-2243-4-EE5-8070-83-CA660-A956

As much as the former look a bit more period, especially the 30mm version, I think i'm leaning towars the five spoke ones.

• Like 11

14 hours ago, Falcon#5 said:

I really wanted it as well... It's a bit easier to take when you forget.

What gets me frustrated if I'm using my phone to bid and have poor reception. Auction ends before phone can submit my sniping bid. :angry:

Especially when it goes for way less than what I was willing to pay...

OMG!! Yep . Had that many times ,so i bid 30's b4 and i get sniped  :( . Or i do it and it don't go , just sit's there thinking

about it .  It's always the way , the stuff you don't really need you get , but the stuff you need to have , you lose or old age

come's into play and you forget < done that many time's . O-well that's the way it is , ya win and ya lose some .

• Like 1

Started raining hard just when I was about to set off with the cars for a few hours of driving, so I sat down for some RC tinkering instead. Soldered a few loose wires on some spare motors, took a moment to check up the Hornet as it's on heavy duty these days, then took out the Manta Ray.  Of all the hop ups ordered for it (I may have lost count!) nothing showed up yet, but at least I finally got hold of the stock prop shaft so I decided to install it and run it like that, until the goods get delivered. I though it's a good idea to enjoy it as it is for a bit as, after all the hop ups will be installed, it's probably going to feel like a different car, in any case it will to me: with all the money splurged on the goods, it's gonna feel like I'm driving a human heart on wheels 😨 so better be "care free" while I can.

As flimsy as it feels, once installed the coathanger seems to hold well, and not much racket so far (bench and livingro tested, we'll see on tarmac/dirt...). Looks like it will last just fine until the bling shows up.

20200628-180749.jpg

• Like 7

Finished phase one of my basement hobby corner. AND bought my 7 and 5 yr olds some Traxxas bandits so they can race around with me and my cars.  And started the TRF suspension hop up for my TT-01

IMG_20200628_164544.jpg

IMG_20200628_164556.jpg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

Finished decals and mounting

63F17763-651C-44F1-8758-1CB5D74CA034.jpeg

That’s really nice, what chassis have you used for it? 

1 hour ago, Grumpy pants said:

That’s really nice, what chassis have you used for it? 

Thank you. The 510 is sitting on a M-08 chassis with a number of of YR hop-ups.  I've found that YR's Qutus shocks fitted with TRF X-rings leak. 

• Like 1

Ordered on Wednesday and at my door from Germany on Friday morning! And built by Sunday night👍 this has to be the fastest bought and build I've ever done and I didn't even intend to build it I just opened the box and thought I'll put the tyres on the rims:rolleyes: it's just such a nice kit I just got carried away!

20200628_102053.jpg

• Like 18

Last night I decided to tackle a couple of body shells which needed cutting out, in anticipation of some more ridiculously hot weather so I can get them painted.

First up was the GT2 for my TA02SW. This was easy, being the 3rd one of these bodies I’ve done now. The hardest part is the definition of the side skirts down each flank, it’s just not very clear and the lexan is super thin here.

I then decided to tackle my new DF02 body. What. A. Nightmare.

AFAB2864-73C9-49EC-AA02-088DD05710BE.jpeg

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

These are amazing fun, I had one for a couple of years and it was probably the best RC I’ve ever owned. 

I remember it being quick back when it was running. I've stripped the whole thing down, cleaned and rebuilt it. The engine was stuck solid so that's now completely stripped down and waiting on a couple of parts. I'm determined to get this thing resurrected lol

• Like 2

Ordered a 3Racing MG M Chassis kit to sit under my runner Frewer branded Mini Cooper shell

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

Thank you. The 510 is sitting on a M-08 chassis with a number of of YR hop-ups.  I've found that YR's Qutus shocks fitted with TRF X-rings leak. 

That would make it a proper Datsun if something leaks though wouldn’t it ?

• Haha 5

Clod almost complete. Definitely not my favorite build or really enjoyable. I can say I already prefer my txt to this.

91413D68-C897-4E0D-A29A-DF0854C5B0FF.jpeg

• Like 1

Eventually it stopped raining yesterday, so the moment it was done I set off with the Manta Ray to test it out (though everything was soaking wet). Very happy with how it performed, the stock coathanger has been totally up to the test so far. After all, I'm only running a Sport Tuned on NiMh.

Every single time I go back to the Manta after a few weeks of only driving the Hornet or Big Boss I am absolutely amazed at the difference. It's almost too precise for it to be fun! Just kidding, but it makes me wonder how it would feel to drive a top end car like Schumacher Cat, Egress or Turbo Optima. I'm sure they are amazing, but I just can't ever have enough of that unpredictable, bouncy feeling of a Hornet.

20200629-135345.jpg

20200628-203601.jpg

I was at the end of a wet, lazy afternoon paved with a few beers at this point but, before packing up, I decided to cast the Manta shell on the Hornet just to see what a Mantnet (or HorRay) would look like and well I guess it would look like this :wacko: 

20200628-203303.jpg

Pretty funny huh :lol: feels like the ultimate knockoff.... so why does it look somehow, almost ok to me?

• Like 7

Put together the Racing Fighter Black Edition, quite happy with the mods so far. Just got to spray the body  when the paint arrives and we get a nice warm day.

20200628_124710.jpg

• Like 7