Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

How did you do that? 

You beat me to it that's what I was going to ask 😁

45 minutes ago, Lee76 said:

See how I skilfully manage to keep the primer out of the corners whilst build up enough to run down the lower right side of the door...

Ive added some RP wheel arches, this is a dummy run on the monster beetle before i attempt a sand scorcher custom.. the primer really is good at exposing all your flaws...

E21B3562-EF5A-469C-B91E-E7B3187CDF81.jpeg

Can't wait to see this 👍

Taken the DF03 for its maiden thrashing, nothing broke, couple of rubberside up moments, several cartwheels (that made me do that, shut eyes, look away, hunch shoulders move), but got 30mins out of 1 pack, around local carpark with speed bumps (aka jumps). Think this'll be a keeper.

• Like 3

I painted my body for the FXT

Just need some more decals now 

UxQDiAV.jpg?1

PMGReem.jpg?1

Pretty happy!

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Hobgoblin said:

I painted my body for the FXT

Just need some more decals now 

UxQDiAV.jpg?1

PMGReem.jpg?1

Pretty happy!

Looks good 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spent a long, frustrating and at times painful afternoon finding out I really can't solder :angry:

• Sad 1

..but also decided to switch out the leaky Xtraspeed shocks from my DF03 and build the DF03 shocks I had on the shelf. I've settled on the Camel livery as my preferred choice, the Avante II shell is such a better fit than the DI, so the blue shocks match well

IMG_6219.thumb.jpeg.2b34b3c1a9d46d730a79397f757a9a9c.jpeg

All went together well, but when I did a little dry run on the stand the drive is very rough on the rear right. Tried to capture it on video, the whole back right corner shakes :unsure:

Vid lo3.mov

The other three corners are fine. Any thoughts?

• Like 4

Got the trailer assembled, little jaunt in the garden

700-D7-B1-E-67-BE-4-BC5-A89-B-304-AB7-B5

879-EEB87-E05-A-4-EC4-8422-457-FEFA36539

A lot of fun manouevering it round, especially backwards!

• Like 9

Saturday night, pubs reopen - yay!

Although I'm harbouring a horsefly bite which I got on Wednesday, so my mobility is that of a pirate before getting the wooden prosthetic (I have a sever reaction)

So instead I built a TA02SW from parts and took lots of pictures along the way, so I'll post a project thread when I get around to it!

20200704_232738.jpg

• Like 14

After dinner, the boy asked if he could have a play with a monster truck in the garden so out came the Dual Hunter again.

Then he suggested I get one too for a 'monster truck rally' so out came the WW2 that didn't run yesterday. It lasted all of five minutes before the 3rd party upper link broke on the front right corner. Oops.

So that went back in the garage and out came the modded Hornet. That ran really well but in the hands of the boy was magnetically drawn to the concrete line post - must be the rusty core! At the end of the session the right front wheel had some pretty extreme camber. I had a look and...my homebrew upper link came undone. Think I need to cut a longer piece of threaded rod...

At least the Dual Hunter is still in one piece!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Although I'm harbouring a horsefly bite which I got on Wednesday, so my mobility is that of a pirate before getting the wooden prosthetic (I have a sever reaction)

So instead I built a TA02SW from parts and took lots of pictures along the way, so I'll post a project thread when I get around to it!

20200704_232738.jpg

That looks great! 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

20200704_232738.jpg

Did you use the Tamiya 236mm FRP conversion or the eBay 230mm jobby? 

Got the electronics in my TB03 and give it its maiden voyage

Tamiya TB03R by CTE RC Tamiya TB03R by CTE RC

Also sold my Comical Hornet. Just wasn't getting any use. Money is going in the hop ups fund for the TB03. 

• Like 3

Finished building my Racing Fighter, forgot how long it takes to cut out all the stickers...

20200705_184747.jpg

• Like 5

I finally started on my TT02 Type-S, completely normal build... nothing to see here :D

I'm taking pics of each step in hopes of making a build thread when it's done.

Teaser:

(this motor is a Sport Tuned just being used for testing)

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-06 at 00.43.57 (2).jpeg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Juhunio said:

..but also decided to switch out the leaky Xtraspeed shocks from my DF03 and build the DF03 shocks I had on the shelf. I've settled on the Camel livery as my preferred choice, the Avante II shell is such a better fit than the DI, so the blue shocks match well

All went together well, but when I did a little dry run on the stand the drive is very rough on the rear right. Tried to capture it on video, the whole back right corner shakes :unsure:

Vid lo3.mov 3.31 MB · 2 downloads

The other three corners are fine. Any thoughts?

Mine does that too when its in that position. I think without any sag in the suspension the angle is too steep for the dog bones / drive cups to run smoothly (ive got the universals on mine and it still does it) 

Once its on its wheels with some weight on the suspension it goes away.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Mine does that too when its in that position. I think without any sag in the suspension the angle is too steep for the dog bones / drive cups to run smoothly (ive got the universals on mine and it still does it) 

Once its on its wheels with some weight on the suspension it goes away.

I did wonder if it was just the lack of load, but then thought that would cause the same issue both sides not just one? Is yours the same, it just shakes in one corner w/o load?

Yeah just one side was particularly noyiceable - its been a a couple of months since i had it running but i recall it being the right hand side rear wheel (slipper / spur side - not the motor side)

You can alleviate it by slightly raising the suspension arm by hand then it runs more smoothly.

If it isnt that then im nit sure what it could be

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Did you use the Tamiya 236mm FRP conversion or the eBay 230mm jobby? 

This is set up to 236mm but the plates are Yeah Racing. Very impressed with the quality / finish of them, half the price of the Tamiya ones and then some!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Yeah just one side was particularly noyiceable - its been a a couple of months since i had it running but i recall it being the right hand side rear wheel (slipper / spur side - not the motor side)

You can alleviate it by slightly raising the suspension arm by hand then it runs more smoothly.

If it isnt that then im nit sure what it could be

Yup, that’s the same side I’m seeing it! I’ll give it a test later 👍

EDIT: Yup, that sorted it, it's fine :)

RC gear in my restored 1/8th Sankyo Sigma BMW, now 40 years old.  I will have an engine test later if the rain stays away.

IMG_20200705_193510.JPG

• Like 7

Swapped out the LRP Blast big bore shocks and rebuilded the Tamiya CVA shocks. Changed the O rings and new oil. Adjusted the drop and hight later on.

the lrp ones started leaking after a couple of speed runs and crashes.

bYTiIcI.jpg
QbZ4NEG.jpg

bsONFXN.jpg

• Like 1

Assembled a mostly "free buggy" from spares. I had a Madcap and some spares no one showed much interest buying in so I threw this together. The chassis and shock towers are re-re Super Astute parts that I got for only $10 and the battery hold downs are left overs from a re-re SA kit I built. The chassis is still the flexy diving board I've been critical of in the past so I intend to make a top deck to stiffen things up. I know the battery position isn't optimal but its not for competition and this fits the Madcap body better. I debated doing this for awhile as I got a lot of flack and some name-calling over not being overly enthused by the Super Astute re-re. Still, I didn't like seeing those Madcap bits got to waste whether I"m "clueless" or not (and I partially am, lol).

20200706_083706

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Saito2 said:

I debated doing this for awhile as I got a lot of flack and some name-calling over not being overly enthused by the Super Astute re-re. Still, I didn't like seeing those Madcap bits got to waste whether I"m "clueless" or not (and I partially am, lol).

Not on this forum I hope? I know those Facebook groups are full of all walks of life, some of which aren't very pleasant.

Looks neat and tidy, even if the weight distribution might make steering it a bit 'interesting'!

• Like 1

Over the weekend I have primed the lunch box and pumpkin bodies, sanded back and then given them another coat. The lunch box body is new, so that was pretty good but the pumpkin body needed a fair bit of sanding back to rid it of grooves/sanding marks. I haven't checked it after the 2nd coat, but I hope its ready for paint.

In other news my Plaza Japan order, which I placed on 13th June and has been in the hands of the Japanese post system since 18th June finally left Osaka yesterday, msybe I'll finally receive it this week!