Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Went to a local park today (via BMX track for el kid's first go on one). Whilst picnicking, a guy turned up with a couple of cars. Didn't get a chance to say hello but I think one of the cars looked like an Arrma, the other was definitely an X-Maxx - boy, that thing could fly!

Just looked it up, orange, brushless...how much???!!!! 

• Like 2

Yeah traxxas stuff is really expensive now never was it was just in line with hpi stuff back in the nitro truck days (savage,  revo, LST etc) but it just all of a sudden rocketed in price!

• Like 1

I put in the blue things that the postman brought me today (see that other thread for the items). Pics are worth 1000 words, so:

Whats-App-Image-2020-07-13-at-00-31-58.j

Whats-App-Image-2020-07-13-at-00-31-58-2

All that's left now are the DF03 upgraded shocks and to paint the body, then the Deep Impact will be complete.

• Like 6

Just lost yet one more auction for a Marui Shogun. It's got to be the 3rd mint one that I fail to win in the past few months. Looks like I should start a Shogun fund so I can be more competitive! The more they escape me, the more I want one :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I've finally finished something!! :P

Firstly, apologies to @acprc as I've taken a vastly long time to finish his bodies because of this getting in the way - I will make it up to you! Nothing else is in the way of finishing yours now! Promise! :) 

This has been a very, very long time in the making - most definitely one of those jobs where as soon as you finish one thing you realise there are now 2 new jobs that need solving. I think I've had this for about 15 months all together now - but to be fair I didn't get started on it straight away.

As a brief rundown as I never did a build thread on this, it's a shortened SRB chassis, with a custom rear damper mount setup, custom radio box (accepts a longitudinally mounted battery) custom body mounts, 3D printed motor mounted to modified rear cage, custom front bumper, custom steering setup, fully customised body with lowered front wings, all holes filled, nose shortened and tucked, custom lights front and rear, custom rollbar plus other bits I've forgotten.

IMG_1560 IMG_1559 IMG_1558 IMG_1557 IMG_1556 IMG_1555

This will head off to its owner this week. :) 

• Like 19

1 hour ago, jonboy1 said:

I've finally finished something!! :P

Firstly, apologies to @acprc as I've taken a vastly long time to finish his bodies because of this getting in the way - I will make it up to you! Nothing else is in the way of finishing yours now! Promise! :) 

This has been a very, very long time in the making - most definitely one of those jobs where as soon as you finish one thing you realise there are now 2 new jobs that need solving. I think I've had this for about 15 months all together now - but to be fair I didn't get started on it straight away.

As a brief rundown as I never did a build thread on this, it's a shortened SRB chassis, with a custom rear damper mount setup, custom radio box (accepts a longitudinally mounted battery) custom body mounts, 3D printed motor mounted to modified rear cage, custom front bumper, custom steering setup, fully customised body with lowered front wings, all holes filled, nose shortened and tucked, custom lights front and rear, custom rollbar plus other bits I've forgotten.

IMG_1560 IMG_1559 IMG_1558 IMG_1557 IMG_1556 IMG_1555

This will head off to its owner this week. :) 

That looks super cool 👍

• Like 1

More body work.  This time an Avante.  The Body was done ages ago and now it's time to paint the wing and undertray.  

PS16 metallic blue

50107571083_684bba398a_o.jpg

Backed with PS12 silver

50107570973_7d31060488_o.jpg

The wing was given another coat of blue because the underside will be on show.

50107570878_42092c29d6_o.jpg

I want to give the undertray a coat of black just to finish it off, but I'm out of black paint.  Luckily, Modelsport have some in stock.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fruitfly01 said:

More body work.  This time an Avante.  The Body was done ages ago and now it's time to paint the wing and undertray.  

PS16 metallic blue

Backed with PS12 silver

50107570973_7d31060488_o.jpg

The wing was given another coat of blue because the underside will be on show.

50107570878_42092c29d6_o.jpg

I want to give the undertray a coat of black just to finish it off, but I'm out of black paint.  Luckily, Modelsport have some in stock.

I love that blue 👍

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fruitfly01 said:

PS16 metallic blue

Fair play - you've hung onto that newspaper for a good while haven't you! :blink:

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, jonboy1 said:

Fair play - you've hung onto that newspaper for a good while haven't you! :blink:

Just in case he needs to do some spraying some day :D

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jonboy1 said:

10 minutes ago, Oneball1971 said:

Just in case he needs to do some spraying some day :D

If I hadn't have saved these papers I'd have none.  There are no other newspapers in the house.  Is that weird?

Admittedly not my idea. Inspired by the scale miniature boxes @IBIFTKH makes but wanted to do a Thunder Dragon for myself. Might make a selection to join the rest of the thunder shot family.

20200713_165023 20200713_165038 20200713_165050

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, Fruitfly01 said:

If I hadn't have saved these papers I'd have none.  There are no other newspapers in the house.  Is that weird?

Yes because that means you are 6 yrs behind with the news!

16 minutes ago, Oneball1971 said:

Yes because that means you are 6 yrs behind with the news!

Have I missed anything?

5 minutes ago, Fruitfly01 said:

Have I missed anything?

Not really brexit is still being talked about 😂

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, mman2005 said:

Admittedly not my idea. Inspired by the scale miniature boxes @IBIFTKH makes but wanted to do a Thunder Dragon for myself. Might make a selection to join the rest of the thunder shot family.

20200713_165023 20200713_165038 20200713_165050

Looks awesome, should have changed the scale to 1/100th :) I could do with one of these to add to a parcel shelf on the beetle body...

• Thanks 1

Going mad trying to find a boxed technituned motor ... arghhhh!!!!

Added aluminum front lower arms to my TT02 (Subaru Monte Carlo) 

The stock arms kept popping off and I almost lost a dogbone the other day. 

IMG_20200713_141631.jpg

My recent absence from here has been due to a few reasons: the end of June (in Australia) is incredibly busy in my industry, which kept me concentrating on work and not toy cars! Melbourne's winter has settled in, meaning it is very hard to find surfaces to run my cars and now (as of a few days ago) Melbourne is in another 6 week "lockdown." I have a bit more free time this week, though, as I've been asked to take a week annual leave to help with Covid rostering.

I ran the GF01 & G601 up at the local high school, but the bumper mount on the GF01 has snapped completely now, and HK still won't post to Australia! I have quite the shopping list ready to go as soon as HK Post starts shipping to Australia again.

I've run my T301 a bit though - this is a vehicle that is so much fun at higher speeds. It's always been a shelf queen, but I've started running it on a new "softfall" style track that's been installed at the local primary school.. what a revelation! 

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy - both physically and mentally. It's really great to have caught up on this thread and seen that everyone still appears to be in good spirits. :)

2020-07-02 17.58.44.jpg

2020-07-13 16.39.42-2.jpg

• Like 4

Geez @jonboy1, can’t for the life of me work how you manage to bring yourself to part with your creations mate, but I suppose you can take comfort in the immense joy they must bring to their new owners 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rwordenjr said:

Bought my first stick transmitter !

b_2hr.jpg

Boba Fett likes this 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1