Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Fruitfly01 said:

Oh, it's you.  Sorry, slight mix up there.  I am actually subscribed to your channel already, so was a little miffed when I couldn't find the video.  I found it all very informative and certainly one of the more in depth body painting videos.  It'll be good to see it again for tips and reference. 

Thanks. 

Not as miffed as I was when I had my entire channel taken down!! :huh:

I will dig the videos out and reupload them over the next few days hopefully. :)

• Thanks 1

Painted the rubber and chrome details tonight.. No need to paint in a well ventilated room, I have breathed only twice in the last hour.. I also recommend painting curled up on the floor of your dimly lit living room, like a pro.7ECA48EB-DD29-4DF8-95A6-6E9745889461.thumb.jpeg.c09ff765c2d5c481b8f7f2ec424e7b7a.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

8 hours ago, Lee76 said:

No need to paint in a well ventilated room, I have breathed only twice in the last hour.

:lol: That's how I paint my cars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fitted the new black chassis to the DT03.  It looks sleeker and racier than the stock grey item.

50119818391_35e97e8918_o.jpg

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Fruitfly01 said:

Fitted the new black chassis to the DT03.  It looks sleeker and racier than the stock grey item.

50119818391_35e97e8918_o.jpg

Are they Holiday Buggy rear tyres?.....they look great on the DT03!!

• Like 1

Been bidding on some cars over the past few day but missed them all!:(

My mojo is really in bad shape these days. :lol:

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, HornetRacer 1971 said:

Are they Holiday Buggy rear tyres?.....they look great on the DT03!!

Black Star Dish wheels with 53059 Wide Stud Spike tires.  Found on Madcap, Bear Hawk, Manta Ray, DT02 Holiday Buggy and various others.  It's not easy getting these 2" tires over the Star Dish wheels which are 2.16"

• Like 1

Almost finished the new DT03  "in black" edition. Body to paint and tyres from VRX racing.

IMG-20200716-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20200716-WA0010.jpg

Edited by mastino
  • Like 7

made a 1/10 scale version of my bicycle to go with my 1/10 scale crv. im not even gonna attempt to paint the white squiggle logos on the frame i think its good enough as is. 

none of the bike racks that are available match the tray rack i own so my friend is gonna try to fabricate one with a 3d printer. 

8504D29B-3E43-40E5-979E-FA2BDFD0BBF5.jpeg

05E60C89-110E-41D7-BB37-0CD17AB440B6.jpeg

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Ray_ve said:

Been bidding on some cars over the past few day but missed them all!:(

My mojo is really in bad shape these days. :lol:

You’ve probably done yourself a favour, not paying over the odds.

To me it feels like stock is running out of new product. It’s all being shipped in now so there will be a wait.

So old stuff is going up in price as well because people want something to do.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, goth brooks said:

made a 1/10 scale version of my bicycle to go with my 1/10 scale crv. im not even gonna attempt to paint the white squiggle logos on the frame i think its good enough as is. 

none of the bike racks that are available match the tray rack i own so my friend is gonna try to fabricate one with a 3d printer. 

8504D29B-3E43-40E5-979E-FA2BDFD0BBF5.jpeg

You made this with a 3D printer? Nice job!

Built half a Lunchbox with my son. Up to step 11 which is a good effort for a 7yo. He did most of it, I just had to help aligning things and doing the final tightening of screws. I was surprised he lasted an hour and a half. It will hopefully be finished this weekend, not that we will be able to run it, looks like another few days of rain here.

2 hours ago, Bennett Ironman said:

Finished the body decals .... definitely need black wheels though 😉

IMG_20200716_191639.jpg

Are they Traxxas Anacondas? They look great.

A run last night with the Bandit after dark, and the HBX Devastator, Konghead and Team Associated B5 all got a run today. I walked up to the high school, so it counts as exercise. 

This current lockdown means any exercise has to be done locally.

• Like 1

Thought I had posted this last night but hadn’t hit submit reply...

Ok I haven’t browsed eBay very much recently and certainly hadn’t run my search for M04 cars and bits. I told myself that I have plenty (and those I have don’t get run).

Ignored myself today and found some E sprues! The fabled body mounts! They also have a couple of parts I needed to complete my built from NIP M04s.  I think I need a drink to get over the shock...

• Like 1

Yesterday, ran at the track for over two hours, until it was nearly dark at 9.50pm! Another good reason for my flourescent orange paint preference. Ran the FF03 and started dialing in the TB03. Lovely.

20200716_192918 20200716_214105

• Like 4

On 7/15/2020 at 11:02 PM, Lee76 said:

Painted the rubber and chrome details tonight.. No need to paint in a well ventilated room, I have breathed only twice in the last hour.. I also recommend painting curled up on the floor of your dimly lit living room, like a pro.7ECA48EB-DD29-4DF8-95A6-6E9745889461.thumb.jpeg.c09ff765c2d5c481b8f7f2ec424e7b7a.jpeg

I was doing exactly the same on my Blitzer shell last night lol. I was sat at the dining room table cursing the crappy light from the downlighters and my crap eyesight!

I'll post pics later

• Like 1

Raided the spare parts so I could at least put the beater Hotshot 2 back on all fours for the time being.

How it arrived yesterday.  Broken lower wishbone, broken front skid plate and missing a driveshaft and bumper.

50118535383_2417f24841_o.jpg

Now - lower wishbone and driveshaft replaced.  Removed skid plate and used remaining screws to bolt front gearbox to chassis.

50122474107_eb034b3219_o.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krustybus said:

I was doing exactly the same on my Blitzer shell last night lol. I was sat at the dining room table cursing the crappy light from the downlighters and my crap eyesight!

I'll post pics later

I experimented with the liquid mask for the chrome side bars, didn't go well, so reverted to tape.. came out ok.

Added this small but beautiful detail.

Aluminum spring retainer for the dampers.

hqItHsXl.jpg

sqqdGoFl.jpg

Gz76LRMl.jpg

Dph2OHgl.jpg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

Are they Traxxas Anacondas? They look great.

A run last night with the Bandit after dark, and the HBX Devastator, Konghead and Team Associated B5 all got a run today. I walked up to the high school, so it counts as exercise. 

This current lockdown means any exercise has to be done locally.

Schumacher Venom mate 👍 really happy with them but need inserts and glueing as I found out other night on a 'shakedown'😬