Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, berman said:

Going to need some more, and some spares 😄

u2LXEtp.jpg

And some bodies maybe?

Nice wheels on the 2nd from right (M06?)

• Like 1

Ordered some acrylic paint pens to use for the driver on the hornet. anyone used acrylic paint pens for a whole driver before?

6 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

That was quick 👍🏻

Do these take a standard size servo??

Hows your friend going after his unfortunate heart attack?

Had it a week, so yeah got a bit of free time. If the M07 is like the M08, then they are a huge step up from the older M chassis cars, parts that would normally be upgrades are standard fare. Feels a bit more special than the previous marques. Certainly more aimed at racing.

No unfortunately this chassis takes a low profile servo, and the only one I could find at the time was a bluebird 7kg with a 16 second transit speed, which would be too slow for this car IMO.

He had two stents earlier this week, and another two yesterday, very lucky to be alive, he's 68, and should nearly fully recover. Thanks for asking mate.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

And some bodies maybe?

Nice wheels on the 2nd from right (M06?)

Yes, so far 03 is a unpainted Tamiya Mini Cooper, 04 is an Alfa Giulia, 05 at the moment is a Swift, but want it to be the 1st gen CR-X, 06 is a lowride pumpkin, 08 I have a NA MX5 body to cut and paint. Have a Monte Carlo to repaint, and a Datsun 1200 ute, but not sure what to do. Would like to stay classic Tamiya bodies, just to keep it simple. 🙂

Wheels on the two right M06/M08 are 6mm offset Ride wheels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clear coat on and then stickers, first few coats on the driver. I have to say, the driver body is a terrible moulding, I think the fabric finish is supposed to be creased like the avante ‘pilot’ but it’s more lumpy and rough, It’s not something I think can be rectified unless you have a rumbler, so I’ve left as is. I’m truing to decide if i should gloss or clear coat over the stickers now.. don’t really know If the gloss would be too glossy though.

Couple of tips for the perfectionist that might be starting this.. There are some additional holes on the body, bonnet mount and the two on the roof, these aren’t used and later (as I discovered too late) get covered by stickers. If I could do this again I’d Plastic back and fill the holes with body filler before painting. The sticker for the bonnet is a totally different shade of red, so will leave this off as it looks better without. Also the stickers that cross the door gap and fuel cap, I’d recommend just running your finger nail down this to stretch the sticker into the gap, it picks up the detail without the need to scalpel cut as I’ve seen suggested. I’ve not come up with a plan yet for cutting out the side body mount holescleanly. Pushing something in from the outside perhaps.. Any suggestions?!?! (Update.. Made a small hole approx 0.5xD with a soldering iron, then used the head of a bic biro to stretch the hole and ‘wrap’ the remaining sticker round the corner. The hole has to be just big enough to wrap the sticker round the inside of the hole, too small and it would split)

5F79FEFA-A8E2-40BC-ACF8-6F0E022C9D8B.jpeg

1ED67D58-4146-49A4-99C0-2D6EF282E149.jpeg

• Like 6

All but finished the TT02 Chassis today

Shame i cant fit air suspension on it

20200719_191938_resized.thumb.jpg.6757c585c890d30edf86d7d48337a27f.jpg

Fitted CC01 wheels and Tyres. Tyres way too wide. Dont really want to over trim the arches too much but have some Pajero Tyres on their way which should be a lot better fit.

20200719_193045_resized.thumb.jpg.9742c7c42e5156fa0663a029d535b993.jpg

Plenty to be getting on with though, a bIt more filling and sanding and lights and spares to do

20200719_193445_resized.thumb.jpg.2a82a4f5818cb6fdb30c0adf3bf616fe.jpg

• Like 4

Yesterday, I painted the Manta Ray body and wing.  Silver backed with black.

50130060588_646ca548b2_o.jpg

I'm practising painting, sanding, rubbing etc on hard bodies.  My two "practice" shells.

50130619541_d656e1a681_o.jpg

The one on the left came in the post the other week, and after a good clean it had it's stickers removed and its scratches and rash sanded down, before the whole body was keyed, ready for priming.  It's had two light coats of primer so far.  Ready for another rub down.

The one on the right is an older body, and my first proper attempt at a paint job.  It's a few years old and has been run, so I cleaned it, sanded it with some fine grit papers and applied a couple of coats of TS13 clear.  

Today I sanded it down a bit more with some 3000 grit sponge and then experimented with some Car Plan rubbing compound.

50130057958_ca43144478_o.jpg

50130626861_f3a4531633_o.jpg

It's just an experiment at this stage, just to see what happens.  I like the shine, but I still need to practice loads.  Although almost invisible to the naked eye, the camera still picks out a lot of micro scratches and imperfections in the top coat. 

50130926867_3a0e14c2ed_o.jpg

It needs rubbing down more to even out the surface and remove the dimples.  It's also a test to see how much clear coat to apply, how many layers it needs, how hard can I sand it back before hitting the paint underneath, and how much sanding and rubbing it needs to restore shine.

• Like 5

It was quite hot today, a real scorcher...thus I was inspired to let my Sand Scorcher out for a run. Picture taking is always a tricky venture with one hand driving and other taking pics. The SS proved to be a tricky one to get a bead on as most shots were too blurry to use. 

20200719_151156 (2)

I kinda dig the last one as it reminds me of the pics I took in my youth with my mom's Kodak Instamatic, when she was feeling charitable enough to let me take a few shots. It was intended to be an action shot but I snapped it off just before the rooster tails started flying. Shooting down on an angle is even of those early days before I learned to get down on my stomach for more realistic shots.

20200719_151323 (2)

• Like 10

Painted a couple of TRF201 body shells, and after the job was done, decided I'm going to launch my own homewares company, starting with towels.

IMG_20200719_204845.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

16 minutes ago, Jontea said:

Painted a couple of TRF201 body shells, and after the job was done, decided I'm going to launch my own homewares company, starting with towels.

IMG_20200719_204845.jpg

Ok, I’ll go first.. Porcupine Puffer.

0BAEC583-6B0D-49B9-8374-3C7D4E25B77E.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

Just ordered a Terra Scorcher from Tower Hobbies... I promised myself that this will be the last kit for the year... smh...

• Like 2

Today was a real scorcher indeed. My wife and I were hanging out in the backyard, so I decided to improvise some sort of backyard ramp (I had to raid the livingroom for carpets though :ph34r:).

Pretty happy with the results, it was fun! 

20200719-193601.jpg

20200719-193525.jpg

20200719-193536.jpg

20200719-193623.jpg

Screenshot-20200719-193148-Video-Player.

After that, I decided to start off with the Manta Ray's facelift/puff up, so I took most of it apart and for now I installed a new Yeah Racing 21T pinion, the plastic gears and the hard steel prop shaft. Next will be the alloy turnbuckles, but I'm afraid I forgot to get the proper step screws. That means I'll have to pay another visit to my almodt LHS soon!

20200719-193646.jpg

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Saito2 said:

It was quite hot today, a real scorcher...thus I was inspired to let my Sand Scorcher out for a run. Picture taking is always a tricky venture with one hand driving and other taking pics. The SS proved to be a tricky one to get a bead on as most shots were too blurry to use. 

20200719_151156 (2)

I kinda dig the last one as it reminds me of the pics I took in my youth with my mom's Kodak Instamatic, when she was feeling charitable enough to let me take a few shots. It was intended to be an action shot but I snapped it off just before the rooster tails started flying. Shooting down on an angle is even of those early days before I learned to get down on my stomach for more realistic shots.

20200719_151323 (2)

Nice 👍🏻
The Scorcher is soooo photogenic isn’t it 😁

I can’t help but take loads of photos when out running them. My SS photo album on my phone now currently stands at 276 images 😃. Well over a 1000 images now with the other cars and to think I’ve probably deleted twice as many as that. It’s like looking through your own personal glossy RC mag with your own cars as the subject.

If you have a Smart Phone the camera should have a ‘Burst Mode’ just hold the shutter button down and it with take lots of photos in quick succession generally clearer than 1 shot. It’s the beauty of digital clicking away carefree with instant results. 

• Like 6

TT-01 completed: finished cleaning up the wires and getting bake discs/track width proper.

FairladyZz2.jpg

FairladyZz3.jpg

• Like 8

Final bits done. Lights and Magnetic mounts just the wires to tidy up.

20200720_102312_resized.thumb.jpg.6cd2738afb076986551f7d17ec9b46c9.jpg

20200720_102048_resized.thumb.jpg.45997bbb1d7b06a0cd26148715a0df94.jpg

• Like 10

I put the finishing touches on the Martini Renault restoration.

I had to use one of my nos body sets as the original was too damaged to achieve the look i wanted. I hate cutting up 40 year old decals and destroying a complete vintage set, but sadly thats what i had to do.

J

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 11

On 7/20/2020 at 1:24 AM, J@mes said:

Some monster truck action in the park 

50129604287_7f5b5e4166_b.jpg

Cant deny, I am giving that Bush Devil the glad eye 😏 

• Like 1

I've had this eunos roadster body tucked away for a couple of years, last night I decided to (albeit roughly) cut it out in preparation for paint. Unfortunately while the pre drilled body holes fit the older chassis with multiple body posts, it seems the M-08 only comes with one option, and neither the front or rear, line up. 😐

Been looking at 1:1 MX-5s for inspiration...

nHRlFd3.jpg

R80ZxUS.jpg

UiJmkOw.jpg

TAYbogh.jpg

gQj3W5s.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, junkmunki said:

I had to use one of my nos body sets as the original was too damaged to achieve the look i wanted. I hate cutting up 40 year old decals and destroying a complete vintage set, but sadly thats what i had to do.

J

spacer.png

spacer.png

Well worth the sacrifice for the result, she looks great.Just think of those decals as repurposed for the greater good 👍🏻

• Like 2

Sold my NIB Novafox ! Thank goodness was able to make some $ on it before the new batches come out in month or so. 

So I bought a Kyosho Mini Z 4x4 Toyota 4Runner off a guy on Facebook. A week of negotiating - but until it arrives and I've checked it over I'm concerned. I paid by PayPal , of course, but there's always that concern when buying online from "interesting" characters on Facebook.

Also, HK Post have announced further limits, not only on posting to Australia but I think they're now only open every second day? What this means is I'm going to finally bite the bullet and ask, has anyone got this part from the 'F' parts tree for a WR02/GF01/G601 that they would like to send me?

image.png.99072de544c902fa1843172260440c9e.png

It's the front bumper mount, and I'm not fussy about colour - yellow/black/chrome/white/pink - I just don't like running my Dump Truck without some front protection. Please DM me if you can help out, thanks.

7 hours ago, junkmunki said:

J

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stunning. Well worth using the decals and the body set!

• Like 1