Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh, I also was lucky enough that the local high school left their undercover area unlocked over the weekend. What a magnificent spot to run during inclement weather!

IMG_20200718_140005.jpg.3a70ca9ca20fc7580ce12bf217ab0de4.jpg

IMG_20200718_135614.jpg.43b8b36dafd4295d259991b589a8ee57.jpg

IMG_20200719_153725.jpg.14efdafd65c849f0a28c9db7b6ef026b.jpg

IMG_20200719_153431.jpg.43255dc4556a29f1aa34cb393c809487.jpg

• Like 11

Finally got around to fitting the Dynastorm tower and Top Force hi caps to my Super Astute. I looks great and was a welcome change after finishing work today (one of those days of reviewing contracts and stuff). Unfortunately I messed up the decals for the body weeks ago and as a result haven't finished it. New decals are far too expensive so will just have to live with it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

I was a bit stuck for an idea for the main site space comp until today then came up with this

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=135907&id=49381

Time to crack open the Shepard Neame Spitfire ale the wife bought me the other day to mark the occasion I think :)

Like it! Big fan of Shepherd Neame too.

IMG_20200721_110424.jpg

I'm out of Spitfire at the moment. 

My comp entry is 'in paint' just now. Hope to have it entered soon!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

🍻 Cheers @Badcrumble, wow seeing ‘Faversham’ brings back memories of my apprentice chippy days down the road in Sittingbourne, and I sold my VW Beetle to a guy from Whistable in 2006. It was a yellow with black wings, probably long retired by now I should think. 

Looking forward to seeing your (and others) comp entry(s) I think there’s going to be good ones chasing that great prize that’s up for grabs. Good luck 👍🏻

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Orderd sponge tires for my FF03 and its speed runy

gume-cestu-modeli-1-10-slika-134081084.j

Wow... millenial.

I can now tick this one off the list of things I wanted when I was a kid.. some 30 years late.. Now thinking of what’s next on the list... Not much in the shops at the moment. I know I need a second body so I can drive this car without fear of smashing it up.. but then there’s the Hornet my older cousin had and wouldn’t let me touch.. I think I like the choosing part as much as the building, but then I spent years in this phase as a kid just window shopping the catalogues.

D7A92024-8D32-47A9-87D1-D6252FFF5865.jpeg

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Like it! Big fan of Shepherd Neame too.

IMG_20200721_110424.jpg

I'm out of Spitfire at the moment. 

My comp entry is 'in paint' just now. Hope to have it entered soon!

going to take my space pic shortly. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lee76 said:

I can now tick this one off the list of things I wanted when I was a kid.. some 30 years late.. Now thinking of what’s next on the list... Not much in the shops at the moment. I know I need a second body so I can drive this car without fear of smashing it up.. but then there’s the Hornet my older cousin had and wouldn’t let me touch.. I think I like the choosing part as much as the building, but then I spent years in this phase as a kid just window shopping the catalogues.

As someone who also had a cousin with a Hornet, I can thoroughly recommend getting one. The feeling of finally building one of your own, and then speccing it higher than your cousin's one, is rather satisfying I can tell you! :D

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Fabia130vRS said:

What does this mean?

I know they are old but is this rare?

I think they're just old; I used them several years ago on my TT ts4n. Ellegi_GRP tyres were very common.

• Thanks 1

Just finished building the TRF shocks I got along with the M07 that arrived last week. I figured I'd do this to entertain myself until the m3 thread tap arrived so I can start getting to work on the M07 itself. It will be so nice to have ready-made shocks to install when I get to that step in the manual :lol:

IMG-20200722-014031.jpg

• Like 7

So as a follow up to my purchase of the Kyosho Mini Z 4x4 Surf 4Runner - it arrived yesterday. In a box, no bubble-wrap, just loose in the box. No spares, no instructions and some flat batteries. It was missing the rear spare tire (and arm that holds this in place). The steering must've been knocked in transit so I removed the steering arm from the servo and re-attached it. Everything got a very thorough clean with disinfectant (yay 2020) and the body was cleaned up and a couple of touch-ups applied to the rear-view (wing) mirrors and the flared guards with a black Gundam marker. I have spoken to the seller and he thinks he has the parts that were missing (he's an odd combination of accommodating and standoff-ish) so hopefully I can get the spare tire, pinions and motor mounts that come in the kit. I actually was planning on taking the rear tire off anyway, but I would like to have it if he can find it.

Bear in mind I paid AUD$230 for this, and they sell for AUD$370 - but they're sold out everywhere, and Melbourne is back in 'lockdown' so my movements are very limited.

So, am I happy? Absolutely. This thing is sensational to look at and (based on my limited running in the wet and dark outside last night) very capable. I have a day off tomorrow so I'm going to get some crawling in and then some really nice photos, too (weather permitting).

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200721195930065_COVER.jpg.1cf8b99783936c121161857b01ca1c0b.jpg

Pictured is the T301, SW01, HBX Devastator, Kyosho and a Fujimi 1:24 Toyota FJ Cruiser static model.

• Like 5

I finally started my M07 build. The M3 thread tap arrived so I went at it. I discovered that tapping screw holes was slightly more useful for aluminum screws than titanium, since it becomes really easy to tell when they bottom out, so you can apply just enough pressure for them to hold, but not snap. Titanium screws are tougher, so no worries there.

I took a few pictures along the way (just did the first 5 or 6 steps), but I'm sure everyone's seen an M07 being assembled before. I will add a pic or two later.

• Like 2

Reproduction decals for the Hornet have arrived. All original except for 1 detail. Can anyone spot what it is ? 

AC1FC533-E8E5-4919-9501-6C9B845AAFAE.jpeg

• Like 1

I didn't have much time for rc these last few days, but I managed to go for one more shred in the woods with the good old Boss after work!

20200721-235358.jpg

Screenshot-20200721-234700-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200722-001424-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20200721-234858-Video-Player.

20200722-212706.jpg

20200722-212806.jpg

20200722-212423.jpg

wildlife patrol...

20200705-205501.jpg

• Like 6

So I made an executive decision yesterday: rather than wait for all the spare parts for the Konghead to become available, I just bought a brand new one! I figure by the time I make the new one with the clear chassis and coloured gears and sell off the old one with all the stock friction shocks, etc, that I won't have lost any money, and I get the joy of building a brand new one! The only thing I'm not sure about though is whether I keep my existing body - I'm sentimental, and I also find it one of the most annoying bodies to paint! 

Also, I got to run my Kyosho this morning, but it's looking like it's going to rain a lot this afternoon, so that sucks. I find it incredibly nose heavy (on a descent it likes to do a forward roll), so maybe that missing spare tire is hanging out over the back for a reason... the flip side being it climbs like a champ!

IMG_8677.thumb.JPG.cc12e7771529d2474943b31c1e06f45e.JPG

IMG_8676.thumb.JPG.a99153e137a1920018f10af71f43adbe.JPG

IMG_8674.thumb.JPG.12caf088e9d1021c94423fc46af76ab4.JPG

IMG_8683.thumb.JPG.fe4aaa05de873a6f73053a3277b96962.JPG

• Like 8

Got two of my four recently found m-cars out, ready for the teardown. 

So. Much. Dust. 

IMG_20200723_202541.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/21/2020 at 9:56 PM, mastino said:

I think they're just old; I used them several years ago on my TT ts4n. Ellegi_GRP tyres were very common.

The arrived today, and I must say... your post got me a little bit suspicious did I buy used wheels. But yup they arrived in as new condition. Very happy about them. I am not very sure about m understanding in foam tire shapes, but the are all I think under a certain degree? Also for nitro use usually

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wez-li said:

Got two of my four recently found m-cars out, ready for the teardown. 

So. Much. Dust. 

IMG_20200723_202541.jpg

I wish I would be able to source a M01 in such a condition. More interesting then buying a rebuild model.

• Like 2

I still have to get used to the idea, but it seems that my little RC dream of owning a mint Marui Shogun has come true.

I've just purchased one for, ehm, not exactly cheap (especially considering shipping + dreaded possible customs, crossing my fingers for the latter), but considering its incredibly good conditions it was well worth it. Unless the seller tricked me, which by the pics is unlikely, it is a fully original, never ran Shogun without a single scratch. Should be here in a couple weeks... cautious "yay" for now.. :ph34r: 

• Like 7

lunchie got some mods, upper front supension brace, foam in tyre's then i glued em and braced the wheelie bar, good garden fun followed also have a 5th shock, only built it a few days ago and all the mods have cost 0 pennies :)

love the lunchie, i had the original kyosho tracker back in the day and burnt of a gold tub rc10 in a straight line, biggest rc regret was throwing out the rc10 chassis when we got our first nitro  :P

e3UJrCD.jpg

vvflXuz.jpg

DGGesWY.jpg

QDcD7jG.jpg

fun model and always stuff to do, not sure if i will put on oil shocks as i love the way it handles, got at least 2 that would fit but nah unless im really bored :)

• Like 3

My M05 has been servoless for a while so put one in and had a quick run on the driveway to check all’s OK, works a treat.

A485B09F-7D91-48E0-B95D-0A51E1FEE3B9.jpg

6A48F3F8-4C63-4260-A806-EA06121E4804.jpg

• Like 8