Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Another day of work + hitting refresh on the tracking page for my new Konghead (while wearing a mask and socially distancing, of course).

Otherwise, not much.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

I wish I would be able to source a M01 in such a condition. More interesting then buying a rebuild model.

Which one do you want? :lol:

In all seriousness I picked up these 4 but I've got a lot on at the moment. 

The one I'm stripping currently has a big crack in the chassis that's been "repaired" it's basically two pieces bolted together :rolleyes:

The other M01 is straight, as is the m03. 

The smaller M01 looks to have also been a bit of a cut & shut to shorten the wheelbase, quite fond of that though. 

If you're interested in the one I'm stripping (red bumper) or the straight M01 next to it, as a project car let me know :)

IMG_20200721_140952.jpg

• Like 4

Finish off a bit of an RC day cutting out the Mini body and adding some detail.

E883BB3F-DFA2-4CB6-A879-DFB7BE33CA14.md.

Also considering colour choices at the moment but probably end up being what I can get hold of in what’s left at the hobby shop....Battleship grey with pink and yellow racing stripes at this rate 🤔

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

Not today but yesterday, continued prepping my space competition entry.

Also switched wheels and tyres on my JK trail rig, then raised the suspension by one notch to bring the ride height down.

1DDE6126-F4F3-4254-A6AC-A0ADCA9FF155.jpg

Getting there....

Need to sort out the rear damper mounts to fit some longer dampers, see if I can get a battery in the back then fabricate a cover for it and get a new ESC as the ESC / BEC combo I have just won't fit under that tiny bonnet.

Perhaps finish by the end of 2020...

• Like 9

So I've started on this, it was so dusty and dirty that I didn't even know what motor was in itIMG_20200724_063757.thumb.jpg.16ae2fcd25a661577c54de25e8f9c5d8.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised B)

IMG_20200724_063741.thumb.jpg.80d9aeed05166bbe3e75cf1faddafde8.jpg

• Like 3

Couple more pics for those who are interested in the strip down of this M01

IMG_20200724_065030.thumb.jpg.ab1960d6f73ceec43d77d9be12ef4372.jpg

I bet it could tell some stories, fiberglass plate and two braces either side of the chassis, and a lot of dirt holding it together!IMG_20200724_101255.thumb.jpg.3b81037ebf40fbf1ef70fda5565fb381.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

@Wez-li I hope you're wearing a mask whilst doing that... that's a lot of dead flakes of human skin on there :unsure:

Haha, funny you say that, I am actually. 

I always do when I work with dust. 

Utility door wide open too. 

• Haha 1

So jealous @Wez-li would love an M01!

Painted the body for my M08. Still have to touch up some bits, smoke the windows, do the panel lines etc, and have to make some custom body mount plates to use the factory body holes, but it seems the country is out of carbon sheet. Also thinking of stripping the wheels and dying them black? The MX-5 body doesn't like the 3.8° of toe in on the rear, might remove some toe in add a little camber, but want to drive the car first. 

aIzavrh.jpg

a0f4NyN.jpg

• Like 13

44 minutes ago, berman said:

So jealous @Wez-li would love an M01!

Painted the body for my M08. Still have to touch up some bits, smoke the windows, do the panel lines etc, and have to make some custom body mount plates to use the factory body holes, but it seems the country is out of carbon sheet. Also thinking of stripping the wheels and dying them black? The MX-5 body doesn't like the 3.8° of toe in on the rear, might remove some toe in add a little camber, but want to drive the car first. 

aIzavrh.jpg

a0f4NyN.jpg

That's gorgeous. :)

The M01 is coming along OK, just got to do the arb's and a few other bits to finish it off. 

IMG_20200724_193904.jpg

• Like 2

Took Boris out for a run today, I have no idea why my daughter named the truck Boris, must have heard it somewhere 😂

• Haha 2

I did an absolutely horrendous job of painting the Ghia root beer metallic brown. It will now be sanded and made into a rat rod Ghia. That’ll teach me to use a 12 year old can of Spaz Stix paint..... :(  

74C5C203-708A-4C9F-BF96-CF1D495F3D36.jpeg

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Wez-li said:

That's gorgeous. :)

The M01 is coming along OK, just got to do the arb's and a few other bits to finish it off. 

IMG_20200724_193904.jpg

Thanks! Wow no mucking about! That vintage greeny brown sport tuned looks awesome in there, looks like you got a few other hop ups too! 😍

7 minutes ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

I did an absolutely horrendous job of painting the Ghia root beer metallic brown. It will now be sanded and made into a rat rod Ghia. That’ll teach me to use a 12 year old can of Spaz Stix paint..... :(  

While root beer would look cool, dont admit defeat, paint that on the outside with a few older colours and sand it through, I think the 'rat rod' look with the beautiful, bling, chassis underneath is just the ticket 😎

• Like 3

Swapped the TA07 to the Exotek RS7 chassis. It went together really nicely, as you'd expect from Exotek. Racing tomorrow, the first time I've made it to outdoor onroad in ages. Thats assuming the weather plays nice. The forecast is good but you can never tell, its been raining so much latel.

• Like 4

I bought a BNIB Kumamon & hat, plus unused decal/sticker sheet for a WR02G Kumamon tractor, for AUD$40 posted. I think I'm finally at this stage of Covid boredom where I buy random stuff, but I have a very specific plan for this driver figure...

He's going to go in this car (when it's available later this year):

J4-1%20W600[1].jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

I actually really like the look of this body colour and texture, looking forward to seeing the finished version.

Finished of the first M01 chassis.

IMG_20200725_104241.thumb.jpg.e71edb25c8a267a6997f393fb5467a4c.jpg 

IMG_20200725_104254.thumb.jpg.68a29f93a2aa29c7477e6282c08390e7.jpg

Bit of a mish-mash with wheels and missing a body post mount but quite reasonable considering what I started with. :)

• Like 6

Since my FF03 is left without a body at the moment.

I played a little bit wirh my frienda TB04 Lexus body.

should be ok for a speed run.

8GvslPw.jpg
Na2cz4H.jpg

IrvFE1F.jpg

• Like 2

My first run with a lipo, all hail the lipo!..

...And everything is still in one piece 😃👍

• Like 2

M01 number two stripped cleaned and rebuilt. Not quite as straight as the other one but could be a good little project chassis :)

IMG_20200725_140908.jpg

• Like 1

A bit more work on the Monster Beetle body.  I got some putty in the post today and set about filling in the gap between the beetle's nose and main body.  I never have liked the gap and the step down from the body to nose.  The putty is really messy stuff and it spread out all over the place.  I thought I'd ruined everything before I'd even started.  A lot of sanding later with grits from 240 to 800, and the front end is now smooth and one piece.  There's still a little bit to be done at the front, gaps to be filled between the fenders and the nose and deciding what to do about the BIG mould lines above the front fenders.

50151203778_ce17ba1e2c_o.jpg

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Fruitfly01 said:

There's still a little bit to be done at the front, gaps to be filled between the fenders and the nose and deciding what to do about the BIG mould lines above the front fenders.

Interested to know too as I have a second body to paint. I experimented with making filler from chopped up pieces of the body dissolved in liquid cement, it worked really well. You can paint it on too to fill small gaps and it will be the same strength as the base material.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lee76 said:

Interested to know too as I have a second body to paint. I experimented with making filler from chopped up pieces of the body dissolved in liquid cement, it worked really well. You can paint it on too to fill small gaps and it will be the same strength as the base material.

Thanks for the tip.  The putty guidelines suggest using a spatula to spread and move the putty where needed and build up thin layers.  That didn't quite work out for me.  I might use a toothpick for such small areas next time.

12 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

I bought a BNIB Kumamon & hat, plus unused decal/sticker sheet for a WR02G Kumamon tractor, for AUD$40 posted. I think I'm finally at this stage of Covid boredom where I buy random stuff, but I have a very specific plan for this driver figure...

He's going to go in this car (when it's available later this year):

J4-1%20W600[1].jpg

I am waiting for one of these!!!!!

1 hour ago, Fruitfly01 said:

A bit more work on the Monster Beetle body.  I got some putty in the post today and set about filling in the gap between the beetle's nose and main body.  I never have liked the gap and the step down from the body to nose.  The putty is really messy stuff and it spread out all over the place.  I thought I'd ruined everything before I'd even started.  A lot of sanding later with grits from 240 to 800, and the front end is now smooth and one piece.  There's still a little bit to be done at the front, gaps to be filled between the fenders and the nose and deciding what to do about the BIG mould lines above the front fenders.

50151203778_ce17ba1e2c_o.jpg

Are you using your body on a runner or a shelf queen? I'm sad to say that if it is the former you may be wasting you effort.:( I first filled this gap on my first Schorcher back in the early 80's and have done several sincce and in every case they only need a slight front end impact and the shock cracks the joint. I have never tried it but it might last longer if you can find some way of melting the two together. There is a method where you use plastic sprue and a dremmel to weld the joint with molten plastic?

• Like 1