Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Deep in darkest Hertfordshire in the UK at the Tamiya Mini Skunkworks engineers are making great progeress on the 2020 1/24th scale Sand Schorcher:ph34r:

IMG_2055.JPG.2536c5b3e0dea09ce962bf4460176426.JPGIMG_2056.JPG.5d185011150862ba702d417a50da802f.JPGIMG_2057.JPG.849ac34da6eaad7c49841153aa863de0.JPG

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Deep in darkest Hertfordshire in the UK at the Tamiya Mini Skunkworks engineers are making great progeress on the 2020 1/24th scale Sand Schorcher:ph34r:

Very cool! 

Whereabouts in Herts are you? Know of any decent tracks / clubs in the area? 

I've been enjoying the simple pleasures of assembling some Mini CVA dampers for my TT01E. Although marketed for the TT02, these represent incredibly good value, I didn't realise it but they include a neat set of black medium springs too (usually CVA kits exclude springs)

20200803_204111.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks. I don’t race so just use car parks and tennis courts but I have some great woods opposite my house for trail running. I know DMS run a Club but I don’t know much about it?

Croxley Green

Edited by Busdriver

53 minutes ago, MadInventor said:

My son insisted I upload this ;)
SAM_2439.jpg

Any good ideas for a caption?

Comical Crowd Scene....

NOTHING!!! 😧😖

This weekend my Daughter gave me another Grandson! ❤😁😁😁

Although yesterday I was feeling creative, and figure out a way to safely stuff a 3S Lipo in a M05!! 👍👍

20200802_133350-1.jpg

These Batteries are surprisingly GOOD, and dirt cheap!! 😉

IMG_20200802_163559.jpg

Not too much, that it would weaken the Clip...

IMG_20200802_163901.jpg

Built a TT01E out of leftover spares and the CVAs I built last night. such an easy chassis to build, managed most of it without referring to the manual!

B5AD0E74-B4D9-4D4A-BC5E-47363E0E44B3.thumb.jpeg.6eb55f6e2e41fb7a78d446f9306ba96b.jpeg

No electronics (other than silver can) for now, can’t imagine I’ll be running this beaut!

0672CE30-1557-4E10-A211-028AB2E885CD.thumb.jpeg.5ead60c73f540ffd2d80bab134e4c142.jpeg

Disappointed Mr T pre-drilled this, but thinking I might still get away with magnet mounts since the holes are either rear window or right on top of the bonnet vent, where the sticker might just conceal the hole.

Got a cockpit set to paint up for it and also a HKS Grp A Skyline GTR to keep it company, which I haven’t even opened yet :lol:

• Like 5

5 hours ago, MadInventor said:

SAM_2440.jpg
SAM_2439.jpg

Any good ideas for a caption ?

🎶

Hey, Hey, We’re the Monkeys,

People day we Monkey around, 

But we’re to busy RCin’ 

To bring anybody down.    🎶

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, MadInventor said:

SAM_2440.jpg
SAM_2439.jpg

Any good ideas for a caption ?

The Comical Hornet, more fun than a barrel of monkeys

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Built a TT01E out of leftover spares and the CVAs I built last night. such an easy chassis to build, managed most of it without referring to the manual!

B5AD0E74-B4D9-4D4A-BC5E-47363E0E44B3.thumb.jpeg.6eb55f6e2e41fb7a78d446f9306ba96b.jpeg

I can’t wait for the day I have enough bits in the spares box to make something from nothing 😀  I’ve got along way to go yet though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

No electronics (other than silver can) for now, can’t imagine I’ll be running this beaut!

0672CE30-1557-4E10-A211-028AB2E885CD.thumb.jpeg.5ead60c73f540ffd2d80bab134e4c142.jpeg

Disappointed Mr T pre-drilled this, but thinking I might still get away with magnet mounts since the holes are either rear window or right on top of the bonnet vent, where the sticker might just conceal the hole....

I really feel your pain there... My Honda CRX Body was also pre-drilled!! 😠😠

My Back Window (which should NEVER have HOLES in it), I'm just cutting the Rear Window OUT, and gluing a Lexan Sheet in its place. 😉  The front I'm being less creative....  I've just Painted the center of the Hood Black. With the Black Posts and Clips, I'm hoping that it will be less offensive! 

You're luckier! Hood Scoops won't look out of place at all on a Mk 4 Supra.

It pretty much hasn't stopped raining since I've installed the brushless on my Manta Ray, I think by now I'm out of nails to bite! 

The only 30 mins free of rain allowed for a quick spin yesterday, it was wet and I still have the used Sand Super tires on so it was just powerslides all over... FUN! But still, I literally can't wait for a proper run. 

During that quick spin the car felt and drove more than fine, although at low battery I sometimes heard a grinding sound for just a split second, when at low speed. I checked everything, basically taking the whole car apart but all seems well... replaced the battery with a fully charged one and no more grinding was heard. Is that the sensor doing its thing? Should I worry? 

Also, when the car is switched off, if I push it just enough to make it roll it feels like it skips a bit. What I mean is, it's a different feeling than the brushed motor. Is that normal? I checked and double checked all the gears/gear mesh and it all seems to be spot on. Sorry if the question sounds silly, it's the first brushless motor in my hands ever. And I love it already!

2 hours ago, Ferruz said:

It pretty much hasn't stopped raining since I've installed the brushless on my Manta Ray, I think by now I'm out of nails to bite! 

The only 30 mins free of rain allowed for a quick spin yesterday, it was wet and I still have the used Sand Super tires on so it was just powerslides all over... FUN! But still, I literally can't wait for a proper run. 

During that quick spin the car felt and drove more than fine, although at low battery I sometimes heard a grinding sound for just a split second, when at low speed. I checked everything, basically taking the whole car apart but all seems well... replaced the battery with a fully charged one and no more grinding was heard. Is that the sensor doing its thing? Should I worry? 

Also, when the car is switched off, if I push it just enough to make it roll it feels like it skips a bit. What I mean is, it's a different feeling than the brushed motor. Is that normal? I checked and double checked all the gears/gear mesh and it all seems to be spot on. Sorry if the question sounds silly, it's the first brushless motor in my hands ever. And I love it already!

Low battery on a sensored motor would cause some cogging. At least that's what I experience on mine using the stock TBLE02S and brushless motor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Yep thats normal too. Strong magnets. When I put a new motor in my RB6.6 it sounded horrible when coasting, had the gearbox apart a few times, rebuilt tue ball diff and couldn't see anything wrong. Then researched it a bit more and yep, motor makes all the difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

🎶

Hey, Hey, We’re the Monkeys,

People day we Monkey around, 

But we’re to busy RCin’ 

To bring anybody down.    🎶

OMG!! I don't know whats worse , me singing it or knowing the song and who the Monkeys are :lol: .

Gee feeling Very very OLD :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

I can’t wait for the day I have enough bits in the spares box to make something from nothing 😀  I’ve got along way to go yet though.

(Raises hand) Almost there. The TT02S already comes with a lot of unused TT02 parts, and along with all the other parts I've upgraded, I'm just about ready to assemble a stock TT02 from spares. I think I'm only missing diff cases, a body, and bearings and I'll be set :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

I priced up the bits I need tomake another TA07 Pro and its about half the cost of a kit. Tempting, but will hold off. Maybe add bits to each order so when I do the order to get the rest it won't be so bad...

My order for the TA07 arrived this week so I fixed the broken bit. Turns out it was bits, but luckily I had added some extra c hubs to the order despite not knowing I needed them. Fitted the DCJ's as well (so I have spare universals for the bitsa TA07!) and upgraded to carbon reinforced bits. Didn't tap them, realised after that i may have made some weak spots...luckily I have another set.

I am intending to start a build thread for the conversion to the RS7 but never quite get around to it. @ThunderDragonCy has inspired me with his TA06, FF03 and TB03 threads.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ferruz said:

@burakol @Jonathon Gillham thanks a lot, great news! I was freaking out a little...it's ready to rock and roll then:)

I'd say so, and I'd also like to say drive it like you stole it but probably no need to as you will anyway ;)

• Like 1