Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, MadInventor said:

My son insisted I upload this ;)

SAM_2440.jpg
SAM_2439.jpg

Any good ideas for a caption ?

The new White Helmets team need some more practice...

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, MadInventor said:

My son insisted I upload this ;)

SAM_2440.jpg
SAM_2439.jpg

Any good ideas for a caption ?

"Monkeys make daring escape from zoo in effort to maintain social distance from Meerkats. When asked, they assured us they were all of the same household."

• Haha 8

"With temperatures set to soar, Monkeys prepare for day out at Bournemouth Beach"

• Haha 4

AAAAArrrrrrrrggggggggggggg!!!!! :angry:

You beat me you tinker you!! :P

Looks amazing :wub:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jonboy1 said:

AAAAArrrrrrrrggggggggggggg!!!!! :angry:

You beat me you tinker you!! :P

Looks amazing :wub:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

mate I was planning to do a build thread-logged on here yesterday when the chassis arrived and you’d beaten me to it! Was well gutted-even complained to the mrs that you’d stolen my thunder 🤣

I had shocks/diffs/turnbuckles/arm assemblies all built up already so went together fairly quick

• Haha 1

Procrastinating and then working on one of my numerous Nikko projects. I had a vision about painting the suspension purple and I think it worked well but the grill is a step too far lol. I think that will go back to black.

Coming together nicely though!

m3YPmw4.jpg

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

Procrastinating and then working on one of my numerous Nikko projects. I had a vision about painting the suspension purple and I think it worked well but the grill is a step too far lol. I think that will go back to black.

Coming together nicely though!

m3YPmw4.jpg

Looking good. I love these old Nikko Trucks. I'm always tempted when I see one for sale online. Do you change the complete electronic?

So finished off the Chassis Build and body on the TT02R  Lancia Delta Integrale.

20200805_204433_resized.thumb.jpg.5cb2da0c9223a8e7ced61e95d9f00408.jpg

But this body is not going on to it..

20200805_204544_resized.thumb.jpg.f02c6af4e86b1ad7df0bedf7d2a52631.jpg

This one is. The Bowler Wildcat from Kamtec. Long way to go yet but getting there.

20200702_215629_resized.thumb.jpg.12e67327c2be104af1092deb022b5e0d.jpg

Cut out.

20200719_193045_resized.thumb.jpg.621fda214e4f91834ba89a5c1cea4c99.jpg

Base coat and undercoat. Plenty to keep me busy

20200805_203559_resized.thumb.jpg.0af3c27396992b53288ca73fb73bb100.jpg

• Like 6

Finished the decals on my Bear Hawk! Now for some layers of clear coat and this restoration project is done🙂

eiOdqZe.jpg

apnYOMg.jpg

• Like 5

I received a new shipment today, which included the CVA's for the rear of the TT02S as well as the last of the double cardan bits for the front axles. The rear went on fine, with the exception that I had to disassemble one of them to turn the clip around to face the right way:

IMG-20200805-230604.jpg

The fronts, on the other hand, did NOT fit as expected, with the axle shaft (the one going to the wheel) not poking out enough for the pin to go through:

IMG-20200805-232504.jpg

Apparently the double cardan setup is 1mm shorter than the equivalent dog-bone/axle due to the double cardan joint being that much longer, if that makes sense. Anyways after some digging I found out that the double cardan requires that I replace the inner hub 1050/4mm ball bearings with 1050/3mm bearings to make up for the thicker DC section. So I ordered some. The wait continues...

• Like 4

5 hours ago, gregdogghurst said:

Went from this obscene amount of individually sourced parts

IMG_7594.thumb.JPG.91a78ddaffb2ccde1840cdbed90bb6a3.JPG

parts list must be uploaded

5 hours ago, Aerobert said:

Looking good. I love these old Nikko Trucks. I'm always tempted when I see one for sale online. Do you change the complete electronic?

It depends really. If I find one in really good working condition, I tend to leave as is or at least just do a few non destructive things like fit bearings etc.

If I get one like this where the stock electronics have given up the ghost then I will switch it over to hobby components.

Some of their high end models like this are really very much like a basic hobby grade in terms of design so it's easy enough to do. I get the feeling this truck was kind of designed so that it could be made as a hobby grade or an RTR rather like their F10 buggy which went on to be sold as a hobby grade by Traxxas and Graupner. 

The servo in this one is pretty much identical in proportions to a hobby one except it has no ears so I just lop the ears off a cheap hobby servo and it fits right in. You can even reuse the servo saver parts except for the part that attaches to the servo spline which I just substitute for a tamiya one, they are constructed exactly the same and the parts are compatible with each other.

This particular one will accept standard size bearings in most places too except for where the inboard axles/diff cup thingies go through the gearbox case. It uses an awkward size I think it was 10x17x5mm and I couldn't find anything suitable. I was thinking about reducing the axles down to 9mm so I could use 9x17x5mm bearings but then I had the idea of using an adapter so with the help of a facebook friend, we came up with an adapter to make a 10x15x4mm bearing fit in the space meant for a 10x17x5mm. Turned out to be a quick and non-destructive fix and I really love to fit all bearings to these old things to stop them wearing out and keep dust out of the gearboxes more effectively because spares are hard to come by.

G0qcyA9.jpg

Interestingly, the spur gears are the same spec as the Grasshopper/hornet/lunchbox except the smaller gear doesn't project outward as far. If I knew how to use a lathe I dare say I could just make cheap and easy spare gears by trimming down Tamiya ones and cutting in a new bearing seat. Could even alter some of those hot racing metal ones!

Ok waffling again now, better stop lol

• Like 5

cut out tons of slop on my 10+ year sand viper, used random spacer's etc from my randon parts/toolbox , had it sorted on the front then realised on closer inspection a mount on one side of the gear box had a crack.... i do have a spare for it but i was been lazy so glued it and held it with long nose pliers and then put some thin strands of wire into it with the top part of wire staying at the top while i slid in the metal rod for the suspension arm, end result was that side is now tighter on the suspension arm than the non cracked side  :D

gonna be replacing the chassis soon etc as i have a spare kit i have been taking random parts from to bodge things on other models for years, still got loads of wee bits and a full chassis, suspension arms and the side of the gear box i need unused along with most plastic parts :D

well used

0aqfdj8.jpg

yellow spoiler got wrecked with cart wheels recently so back to green

i0zQI7s.jpg

go bandits default esc i can fit in big 5000mah hard case lipos after removing the little parts at front of the battery holder on the base.

HFRzwEE.jpg

• Like 2

Haven’t run the body outside yet but some decals already lifting. Small dab of superglue and it’s back down. Hopefully for a long time now. 

E61023B5-0B59-4B9B-983A-4177DC6FA720.jpeg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

Haven’t run the body outside yet but some decals already lifting. Small dab of superglue and it’s back down. Hopefully for a long time now. 

E61023B5-0B59-4B9B-983A-4177DC6FA720.jpeg

nice :D

i use some super glue on hopper decals when they start lifting up as well :)

awesome hornet  :)

love the long arial tube, been thinking of using one that long on some of my models just for looks for a proper retro asthetic  :)

14 hours ago, gregdogghurst said:

Went from this obscene amount of individually sourced parts

IMG_7594.thumb.JPG.91a78ddaffb2ccde1840cdbed90bb6a3.JPG

My, that is obscene!

It's posts like this that make me feel like I'm actually very conservative with my rc hobby lol.

Thank you for making me feel normal :lol: My hat's off to you sir.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, gregdogghurst said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

mate I was planning to do a build thread-logged on here yesterday when the chassis arrived and you’d beaten me to it! Was well gutted-even complained to the mrs that you’d stolen my thunder 🤣

I had shocks/diffs/turnbuckles/arm assemblies all built up already so went together fairly quick

Oh no!!!! I'm so sorry mate! :lol: Please apologise to your mrs as well :P

I'm very interested in what turn motor you went for, is it a 10.5T? - can see you opted for the full Tamiya experience and went for a TBLM. I'm still holding fire on ordering a motor until I'm 100% sure what I want.

Loving that the DB-01 is getting some screen time on here though - it's very underrated in my mind and deserves some love :wub:

We need to make sure we don't clash with our paint schemes though :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

My, that is obscene!

It's posts like this that make me feel like I'm actually very conservative with my rc hobby lol.

Thank you for making me feel normal :lol: My hat's off to you sir.

If a DB-01 RR kit was available I would have gone that route 100%

I ‘only’ have 3 cars and planning a collection of 4 maximum (possibly) :rolleyes:

thats justification for making them a bit special in my eyes

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

Oh no!!!! I'm so sorry mate! :lol: Please apologise to your mrs as well :P

I'm very interested in what turn motor you went for, is it a 10.5T? - can see you opted for the full Tamiya experience and went for a TBLM. I'm still holding fire on ordering a motor until I'm 100% sure what I want.

Loving that the DB-01 is getting some screen time on here though - it's very underrated in my mind and deserves some love :wub:

We need to make sure we don't clash with our paint schemes though :D

Haha no worries! Still planning on doing a build thread-as I’m sure they’ll be different anyway 👍🏻

Motor wise it’s a 10.5. I’ve got one in my DN-01 also and it’s quick enough for me... The DN-01 currently has tble 02s with fan So I went for tble03s for DB. I do like to try and keep as much Tamiya as possible but if I have problems with them I’ll change to Hobbywings or something..

First dibs on paint scheme 😜 I’m going custom colours TRF to match my DN20108706BBB-8F21-4FFD-AA16-2165465632A1.thumb.jpeg.d33dbab477302f6b0c5833bc46c1f8b3.jpeg

• Like 4