Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

43 minutes ago, ploots said:

Will any of this fit the tt02b

Propshaft and cups, steering rack, battery strap will definitely fit, rear uprights might too but would need to check. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ploots said:

Will any of this fit the tt02b

TT02 the buggy? I think the Front and rear knuckles, prop shaft, motor mount, battery holder should all fit, not sure about the rest. :unsure:

Finished the Ampro front end and Pargu wheel caps. Also found the motor mount and clear cover I had buried in the parts bin for 12 years. 

C8E447B3-CD91-4C92-B685-B1E71F8D7482.jpeg

542CDD04-08BF-4253-9577-1A3FEBE0129C.jpeg

103F5072-57B4-4C28-A583-40D1552B69C0.jpeg

CF642DF8-4363-4EC0-AB41-ACF898D6CB89.jpeg

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Wez-li said:

TT02 the buggy? I think the Front and rear knuckles, prop shaft, motor mount, battery holder should all fit, not sure about the rest. :unsure:

I think my son maybe interested in prop and cups I will let him know in the morning 👍

• Like 1

After the maiden speed run for the Manta's brushless motor yesterday (a few impressions in the build thread) I realized the battery I put on wasn't fully charged, so I went back for more today after work. Well... YAY!! 😀 it's so fast even though I still run on NiMh, and faster today with the fully charged pack. I didn't expect it to do actual powerslides and donuts on dry tarmac, wow, with the tires smelling like burned afterwards... nice :P

20200811-201138.jpg

Time to chuck on the spiked tires and head off road now!

• Like 8

8 hours ago, justsomedude said:

Thanks for posting this!! I hadn't seen a real-world review of these braces yet... your post is enough to make me buy them!

PS: What shocks are those on your build??

Thank you for the kind words!  I try to judge things for what they are and would  definitely recommend these. 

I bought a re-re Monster Beetle a couple of years ago and spent a handful on the wonderful MIP ball diff (plus shipping to Japan), and only run my ride on a 21T  sensored brushless setup thats so mild it's probably a bit slower than a stock silver can on 2s. 

That said, I still have the originall transmission gears unused from that kit and thought, "what the heck" I'll give these braces a try on my recent Blackfoot build.  If they fail, at least I can replace the gears and try to make my own brace out of angle bracket or something before I throw down the money to buy another MIP ball diff again.  

No need for that!  Oh, and the shocks are TRF aeration dampers (speaking of throwing down coin).  Totally not necessary, but I had them left over so I wanted to give them a try.  Stock Blackfoot kit springs and Tamiya Blue #600 hard shock oil is what I liked best.  Can hop off a curb and land flush, body lurches slightly when braking or squats slightly when taking off and no bouncing to speak of.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Propshaft and cups, steering rack, battery strap will definitely fit, rear uprights might too but would need to check. 

5 hours ago, Wez-li said:

The front and rear knuckles do not fit the TT02B, it has different A arms top and bottom. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

The front and rear knuckles do not fit the TT02B, it has different A arms top and bottom. 

Thanks for the info, wasn't aware of that!

Bought/paid for a M01/2 chassis from the States, it has most of the hop ups available for that chassis too 🤫

Ordered some of the same hop ups for the M01 I received on Monday.

Also now on backorder for me is an M07 concept chassis through my LHS.

So once the M02 and M07 arrive, I have one of each of the M chassis cars... pretty chuffed about that. 😁

Then after that, should I start looking at a TA-05 Four, and a MF01X? 🤔

• Like 6

Finally finished the Super Astute. I messed up 2 decals so put it aside when I couldn't remove them and saw that new ones were about $50. Its a shame its been so wet here, even when the sun has been out the grass is still wet so I don't want to run the buggies. It looks great next to the Top Force though.

Ran the Monster Beetle and Lunchbox instead, the big wheels keep the important parts high enough in wet grass. The lunchbox is so bad (stock build except bearings) that it evens us up when racing. Average 6min race and I manage about twice as many laps as my son. We are even when he runs the Monster Beetle and I have the Lunchbox. We also played football with them,  a giant ball and 2 monster trucks, a bit of a laugh.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Finally finished the Super Astute. I messed up 2 decals so put it aside when I couldn't remove them and saw that new ones were about $50. Its a shame its been so wet here, even when the sun has been out the grass is still wet so I don't want to run the buggies. It looks great next to the Top Force though.

Ran the Monster Beetle and Lunchbox instead, the big wheels keep the important parts high enough in wet grass. The lunchbox is so bad (stock build except bearings) that it evens us up when racing. Average 6min race and I manage about twice as many laps as my son. We are even when he runs the Monster Beetle and I have the Lunchbox. We also played football with them,  a giant ball and 2 monster trucks, a bit of a laugh.

Monster truck football sounds great! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

Finally added new driveshafts for my txt2 i had ordered and machined out to 6mm. Hopefully they last like they say. 

CCCFC2D9-5F3F-4139-9D3F-7F9126643405.jpeg

What driveshafts are those?

2 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Monster truck football sounds great! 

Like something off Tiny Top Gear!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Wez-li said:

PM sent 👍

• Like 1

Did a bit more of the mini scorcher. Having real problems getting the front profile right. Especially when it comes to the light sockets.(This is number 4 nose cone) . What I really need is someone to use a full size one scale it down to 1/24th scale and 3d print it/ The problem with that is, is the original actually 1/10th scale. A slight error at that scale would end up way out. I may give up with inset lights and mount a bar of lights on the front. Ive test fitted the wheels and it looks ok though the front track is a lttle narrow so I'm in the process of widening it. This is taking far more effort than planned but rather enjoying it!!!

IMG_2065.JPG.5c32db68c944f441601436afb0e482a8.JPGIMG_2066.JPG.22296fe93dd52ea079a9cd9126dc660a.JPGIMG_2067.JPG.0e8c61764e79318a8941cf8d1f99a760.JPGIMG_2068.JPG.0a31b46d5289ef5d04d4a80969f2f13f.JPGIMG_2069.JPG.7b2c355677e470ca9230befdd386dd28.JPGIMG_2070.JPG.abead69a67da86b74780f3d54352d6df.JPG

Edited by Busdriver
missed a bit out
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, Peter_B said:

What driveshafts are those?

They are gds racing universal 110-150mm. I was told not to use the included screw pins and buy traxxas 5189 they are a direct fit but if you attach to a txt 2 you may have to dremel the axle side ones down a little to rotate freely. They also have to be machined 1mm since they are only 5mm

5664D6FF-3B94-4EB9-8303-FA86070C2436.png

• Thanks 1

I actually organized all my spare hardware and small parts. went through unused hopup packes and put them into containers. Found a really useful storage container thing at the Michaels arts and craft store(USA). I may need a couple more to streamline the organization and store parts model specific. Fairly surprised how much i have to organize and store. Went through my NIB kits and that was fun. Installed a carbon damper mount on m-06. Im getting all my broken things repaired slowly which is good. Gives me a nice break from full kit building. Helped a guy around the corner with 3 comical kits. Went to LHS looking for PS, they dont stock or deal in Tamiya RC, only Traxxas. So its tough to score paint there but its only $7 a can so Ive gotten about 15 cans since they reopened. This is my LHS that tells me Tamiya doesnt make rc kits anymore. I just smile and laugh to myself.Although they carry Tamiya static, paint, tape, weathering kits,the track racing kits with the little motors.

After loosing yet more shock parts on my XV-01, following advice from members on this forum i purchased GF-01 shocks and TRF201 springs.

Fitted tonight ready for the first run with them on tomorrow :)

IMG_20200812_210519_1.thumb.jpg.d875c06143f21c0e5a64cd82fbd3beb5.jpg

IMG_20200812_210534_1.thumb.jpg.979cc1305d399e2397893dda80039bd9.jpg

IMG_20200812_213437_1.thumb.jpg.9961880287ec00556be11df245a2c2af.jpg

• Like 6

I got around to disassembling my M07 shocks today to remove the oring spacers inside which were making them too short (I should've known that TRF SHORT black coated dampers would not need spacers to make them even shorter :lol:). 

The ride height went up from this:

IMG-20200807-002706.jpg

To a much more reasonable this:

IMG-20200813-010232.jpg

I also installed 3Racing aluminum chassis stiffeners to ermm stiffen the chassis a little more. Here's a picture mid-install with the one on the right being aluminum and the one on the left still stock:

IMG_20200813_011137.jpg

Now all that's left is to finish cutting/punching holes in/painting the body and I can take it out for its maiden voyage!

• Like 5

I have quite a hard decision to make, but maybe today I finally made up my mind.

Soon I'll have a couple weeks off, and with all the limitations and hassles due to the Covid -no flights, no crossing borders and so on- my wife and I opted for a good road trip as a vacation, with a few stops here and there but mostly sleeping in the car. 

Given the situation, I can obviously bring only one rc car with us. Come to think of it it's already a lot, given how tight we will be once everything is packed. Anyway I quickly narrowed it down to the usual suspects, but then it was hard to choose between the Manta Ray, the Hornet and the Big Boss. It took me a few days to come to a conclusion, and I had to mentally take note of the good and bad qualities each vehicle would have when living in a car:ph34r:

I'll spare you the process and the comparisons, but at the end the Hornet came out a winner and it will be taken with us on the trip. The main reasons being it's close to bulletproof (until it's not), compact and light, definitely no less fun than the others and it's easier to ghetto-fix on the spot. I just hope I'll have the time for a tune-up and that the Grasshopper tires I've ordered a while ago will show up before we leave, but at this point I think I've decided: The Hornet will soon see some new playgrounds (hopefully a beach included).

P.s. funny how I just had to sort out the rc thing before I even finished building the bed for the car... :lol:

• Like 3

Been away for ages, whilst waiting for parts. 
Today I tried to mount the gear change servo on my bruiser clone so I could ditch the big stupid radio box as it serves very little purpose especially if you move the steering servo to the front. 

A pair of TRX4 portal axles with remote diff lockers are due any day now. Then the real project begins. 

327A041D-B713-4F28-811A-90C433E59013.jpeg

• Like 3

Waiting for my ff03, but in the mean time fished the paint work on my power wagon crawler. Tamiya copper backed with black

IMG_20200813_110337792_compress22.jpg

• Like 8