Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

That looks like a heavy duty Twin Detonator / Dual Hunter / Double Blaze / Wild Dagger!

Is that dual servo steering?

It’s my wild dagger, using the alloy rail to mount the dual steering servos, Lipo and esc. Also been able to attach the shock towers to it, so should be good and rigid, although a little weighty now.

may have been better to make the whole chassis again out of aluminium but this is the road I am on so we will have to see how she runs.

• Like 1

Quite the opposite to @Re-Bugged, this is my 3rd mini body.

I have two unpainted, and this one was green with twin yellow stripes 🤢 

I bought some Tamiya Polycarbonate cleaner, and this is the result of 30 minutes work. Hopefully it will look nearly as spick as the other two when finished!

JVVzQlX.jpg

kKAXSCt.jpg

Vpa0ynL.jpg

ElK2hWy.jpg

• Like 10

Started pulling a list of sundries together for an order - ESCs,  witres, bullet connectors, paints, boring stuff like that.

How does it come to more than a pre-order for a new TC-01?!!!

• Haha 3

Got permission of Er Indoors to order a CC=01 Defender, so I have, along with paints servo and bearings

• Like 4

8 hours ago, wtcc5 said:

Crazy pictures! How did you do it?

Me?

2 hours ago, berman said:

Me?

Oh sorry, I meant @Isear2905.

• Like 1

This is cheating as I actually did this last night. I would do more today but I’ve been working from 8:00-22:00 which seems very unreasonable :(

Continuing with the German take-over (Blitzkrieg? Are we allowed to say that?! :lol:) I worked on the Amarok WR01 dual-steering narrow thing. I’ve had new electronics and a new gearbox to make this 4WD since back in April, but the 2x Steel 20T pinions I ordered at the time turned up on Saturday!! Of course, so much time had passed that just last week I ordered replacements from RCMart. If anyone needs an 06 Mod 20T...

FC1A3060-0494-427E-B40B-F40E9D422F6F.thumb.jpeg.989625e22a650af8806be88c2d6d2000.jpeg

Add this to that...

46FB8EFF-47E2-4C94-8510-E15A3D494AF8.thumb.jpeg.01a8d8ccdab54c349902e05dd9a03f91.jpeg

AWD Baby!

D1E746A3-4A6F-4F3A-A1D9-A84CB8E8422C.thumb.jpeg.e297b555cffb06f7c93f27f922ad760f.jpeg

And All-Wheel-Steer too. This will definitely tip over :lol:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Added the decals on a mercedes gtr bodyshell.

Gojng to add some micron tape panel lines later to represent the front and rear clam shells but had to stop as got toothache and cant concentrate.

Resized_20200817_221943_7246.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wtcc5 said:

Oh sorry, I meant @Isear2905.

Thanks!

I have a Google Pixel 3 XL... It's extremely good at "tracking" shots, plus it has a "portrait" mode that blurs the background. 

I was a pretty serious photographer in the past, but I can't manage a DSLR and drive a car at the same time. Luckily phone cameras have come a very long way. Even my "prosumer" digital camera nowadays is so good I don't even take my 5D on holidays anymore!

• Like 1

Productive evening yesterday, in between call outs I managed to get the black spraying done on the Merc, till I ran out of paint. And got 'Erbert put in the Wildcat

Just need to decide whether to decal it then give it a good dust and a final laquering

IMG_20200817_233222.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/16/2020 at 3:37 PM, DeadMeat666 said:

Worked some more on the M07 today. I think I just about exhausted all the possible hopups I could put on an M07. Funny considering I started off wanting to "try out" an m chassis to see if I like it, I ended up completely hopping up an M07 and buying an M08! Oh well...

Installed the aluminum rear suspension blocks with adjustable skid angle. I left it at 0 degrees for now:

IMG-20200817-010945.jpg

I also Installed soft stabilizer bars front and back. Talk about fiddly! I thought 3x3mm grub screws were small, until I saw 2.5x3mm grub screws :lol:

I should really try DRIVING my cars more often. Even driving them at all would be a start. The current weather here doesn't help much; it was 42 degrees high and 31 degrees low today. That's Celsius btw.

I'm telling you... These M Chassis Cars are more addictive than CRACK!!! 😜😂😄  For someone who's confessed to merely "trying" an M Chassis....

You've dove straight into the DEEP END!! And doing a Fine job at that! 💯👍👍 

And HERE in Arizona.... It's nearly 52 today!!! 🔥🔥🔥😳  That's Celsius btw. 😜

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 3:37 PM, DeadMeat666 said:

Worked some more on the M07 today. I think I just about exhausted all the possible hopups I could put on an M07. Funny considering I started off wanting to "try out" an m chassis to see if I like it, I ended up completely hopping up an M07 and buying an M08! Oh well...

Installed the aluminum rear suspension blocks with adjustable skid angle. I left it at 0 degrees for now:

IMG-20200817-010945.jpg

I also Installed soft stabilizer bars front and back. Talk about fiddly! I thought 3x3mm grub screws were small, until I saw 2.5x3mm grub screws :lol:

I should really try DRIVING my cars more often. Even driving them at all would be a start. The current weather here doesn't help much; it was 42 degrees high and 31 degrees low today. That's Celsius btw.

I'm telling you... These M Chassis Cars are more addictive than CRACK!!! 😜😂😄  For someone who's confessed to merely "trying" an M Chassis....

You've dove straight into the DEEP END!! And doing a Fine job at that! 💯👍👍

• Like 2

Converted my newly acquired M01 into an M02, tinkered and changed a few things, and compiled a list of parts and stuff that needs doing.

i8MgsYx.jpg

• Like 7

Parked my idea for a big parts splurge (birthday next month, hoping someone actually gets the hint this year) and instead ordered a battery for my trail rig.

This will hopefully push me to sort out the rear damper mounts and build a battery tray so that I can get it running (before buying a crawler specific ESC and soldering iron and gear to wire up my Holmes Hobbies motor).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, berman said:

Converted my newly acquired M01 into an M02, tinkered and changed a few things, and compiled a list of parts and stuff that needs doing.

i8MgsYx.jpg

This are clean enough to look like they were literally unboxed yesterday. Have you found the oil-filled shocks actually make a worthwhile difference in handling?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, berman said:

i8MgsYx.jpg

These little ******s are literally LEGOS!! Must be one of the most modular RCs I've ever had the pleasure of tinkering with! 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, berman said:

i8MgsYx.jpg

Those look great! With 3 through to 7 already in my fleet and 8 due to be started on the 28th, I really should complete the series and get one of these too.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

This are clean enough to look like they were literally unboxed yesterday. Have you found the oil-filled shocks actually make a worthwhile difference in handling?

😄 I had just literally just spent the evening cleaning and rebuilding the M02, and the M01 I got from the UK is immaculate bar some light chassis scratches underneath.

Ummm.. Yeah handles pretty good rolling across the dining table 🤣🤣 Unfortunately I have not driven the M01, M02, or my M08 yet, still sorting electronics. The M02 really needs a new gear set, the ball diff rebuilt, and a motor and pinion to run. Plus it's missing the steering turnbuckle.

5 hours ago, Carmine A said:

These little ******s are literally LEGOS!! Must be one of the most modular RCs I've ever had the pleasure of tinkering with! 😉

Quite suprised how Tamiya forward engineered the M01 to be a M02! Also the only real non-modular thing is the chassis extensions, they are three separate pieces, and come in packages with the main tub, and not easy to find now.

3 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Those look great! With 3 through to 7 already in my fleet and 8 due to be started on the 28th, I really should complete the series and get one of these too.

Thats awesome! 😁

They are a fair bit different to the M03+ but that is what makes them unique. They have some interesting designs, some that didn't carry over to the next generation.

I am just waiting on a M07 on back order, but I have a lot more I want to do to all the others in the meantime to keep me busy 🙂

• Like 1

@berman SAID! 😉

"Quite suprised how Tamiya forward engineered the M01 to be a M02! Also the only real non-modular thing is the chassis extensions, they are three separate pieces, and come in packages with the main tub, and not easy to find now." 

I chucked, that "B-U-G-G-E-R" was actually SENSORED!!! 😧😳  If that's foul language in another part of the World, I'm deeply sorry. 

Never had a M01... Are the Monoshocks a hindrance, I remember on my Hotshot back in 86, as SOON as CRP came out with the 4 Shock conversion, I dove at it!! But then a Buggy has a bit more Suspension Travel.  I bought a used M02, had 4 Shocks....

Is there a conversion Kit, or do M03 bits fit?? 

Honestly, I like the way yours LOOK. Not just because they're SO clean, but they look more compact, than 3 thru 8!!  I believe the Engineering involved in those first two Minis, was so impressive for the time! 😎👍 

The Chassis Extensions... Is that the only real unique item in the M Chassis Cars Line? 

OOOPS!! Forgot about the M07-08! 😳😲  They're almost other Worldly compared to 01 thru 06.

I'm just GLAD to know that I'm not the only certifiable M Chassis NUT (according to my loving Wife!)😜😂   Of course when I finally see money again, that will be diversified to also include the FF Chassis Cars!!! 

{My Wife thinks THESE M Cars are expensive!}😲😖   HOW I've managed to sneak in an Axial Wraith, TWO SCX10s and two SCX10 IIs before about 7 years ago (except the SCX10 II Unimog, which was a Christmas present from my best Friend) 😁  Oh CRAP! Now I can be Bribed...

BACK on subject, I was recently amazed at how many M05-06 parts can be swapped. Mix M05 and M06 parts, and you can have AWD!! 4 Wheel Steering! 😳 - and my M05 can become a Ver. 2 with about $25.00 worth of Plastic Trees and some Aluminium bits!! For another $40-50 give or take, the SAME Car can evolve into the M05 Ver. 2 PRO!!! 😲😁👍👍

But really, it just boils down to... they're just FUN!

P.S. .... I'm DYING to get my hands on a M07 at some point!!

5 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

I totally agree, @berman they look great. I briefly toyed with the idea of getting the M chassis run but feared that I wouldn’t run the 1 or 2 for fear of breaking them and I don’t yet have anywhere to display them. As it is, I *think* I have two M03, five M04 and an M03 / M04 mash-up. And now an M05. I’m losing count now. It should be...

M04 with BMW 2002 shell

M04 built from NIP spares (MIA, can’t find it)

M04 from NIP spares (unbuilt)

M04 Giulia built and boxed

M04 Giulia NIB

M03 / M04 Minortaur

Why so many M04? I really don’t know. The most recent two were the boxed Giulia, one of which will be my only ‘forever NIB’. 

• Like 3

...... You know, you Guys have about got me convinced to acquire 01 through 08!!! 😖😳😁 

YOU'LL have to explain that to my Wife! LOL!!😆😂😜

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Carmine A said:

@berman SAID! 😉

"Quite suprised how Tamiya forward engineered the M01 to be a M02! Also the only real non-modular thing is the chassis extensions, they are three separate pieces, and come in packages with the main tub, and not easy to find now." 

I chucked, that "B-U-G-G-E-R" was actually SENSORED!!! 😧😳  If that's foul language in another part of the World, I'm deeply sorry. 

Never had a M01... Are the Monoshocks a hindrance, I remember on my Hotshot back in 86, as SOON as CRP came out with the 4 Shock conversion, I dove at it!! But then a Buggy has a bit more Suspension Travel.  I bought a used M02, had 4 Shocks....

Is there a conversion Kit, or do M03 bits fit?? 

Honestly, I like the way yours LOOK. Not just because they're SO clean, but they look more compact, than 3 thru 8!!  I believe the Engineering involved in those first two Minis, was so impressive for the time! 😎👍 

The Chassis Extensions... Is that the only real unique item in the M Chassis Cars Line? 

OOOPS!! Forgot about the M07-08! 😳😲  They're almost other Worldly compared to 01 thru 06.

I'm just GLAD to know that I'm not the only certifiable M Chassis NUT (according to my loving Wife!)😜😂   Of course when I finally see money again, that will be diversified to also include the FF Chassis Cars!!! 

{My Wife thinks THESE M Cars are expensive!}😲😖   HOW I've managed to sneak in an Axial Wraith, TWO SCX10s and two SCX10 IIs before about 7 years ago (except the SCX10 II Unimog, which was a Christmas present from my best Friend) 😁  Oh CRAP! Now I can be Bribed...

BACK on subject, I was recently amazed at how many M05-06 parts can be swapped. Mix M05 and M06 parts, and you can have AWD!! 4 Wheel Steering! 😳 - and my M05 can become a Ver. 2 with about $25.00 worth of Plastic Trees and some Aluminium bits!! For another $40-50 give or take, the SAME Car can evolve into the M05 Ver. 2 PRO!!! 😲😁👍👍

But really, it just boils down to... they're just FUN!

P.S. .... I'm DYING to get my hands on a M07 at some point!!

Yes that word has been banned on here for as long as I can remember, in English it was a term used to describe sodomy, I remember my father telling me off for using that word as a kid.

I don't know yet, it does have similar traits to the boomerang and fox I used to have, you can lift one wheel and the other drops with no shock movement like those two. 🤷‍♂️ the stabilizers help somewhat.

No but the extension on these is where the suspension arms bolt to, so it's the whole bulkhead basically.

No there is far more to these two than what is offered on later m chassis models, as said to @TurnipJF in my previous post.

I have no idea if there is a 4 shock mod for these, wouldn't surprise me!

Yes the M07/8 is more like a small mid range touring car in M chassis size, Tamiya really stepped this chassis up with those two, I can tell just from building it, everything is more refined, better plastics closer tolerances, and parts normally reserved for hop ups and special edition cars. Love it.

Had a SCX10, Wraith, Exo, etc. Like Axials stuff, will one day get another.

🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1