Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After years of fiddling with several connectors and adapters and a I've started to change all connectors to Dean plugs.

• Like 3

Did a bench test on the TT02 and a couple slow laps of the kitchen/hallway :)

Mods as follows:

Front and rear oil diffs
Front and rear Universal shafts
Alloy Centre shaft
High speed gear set
Oil shocks
Full Bearings set
Steering upgrade
Torque tuned motor.

Screenshot_20200821_213722.thumb.jpg.9700f5471ac6665164593f78806fc438.jpg

Screenshot_20200821_213659.thumb.jpg.a8aeecf9bde6674529a5940bb79e038e.jpg

Excuse the wiring and body posts :ph34r:

• Like 3

I’m shrinking my collections and also to  fund a scale project the went way overboard.. $$$ wise. Never know I got so many stuff been 4 weeks sorting, finding packaging , writing descriptions.. getting ready to put it out. Wish there’s a garage sale so I don’t need to deal with so much hassles lol

C1F20447-5A93-4945-AA60-CFB2CBF923C4.jpeg

I botched the bodypost holes on my 'practice' prepainted chinese shell for the TT02S. I'd feel bad if the body wasn't so hopelessly UGLY :lol::lol:

BEHOLD:

IMG-20200822-011524.jpg

IMG-20200822-011654.jpg

IMG-20200822-011701.jpg

I got to run the TT02S finally and test the handling as well as the gyro. I went to a deserted (but unfortunately somewhat dusty) road and put it through its paces. The car handles GREAT. Holds a solid straight line and can be kicked into controlled power oversteer thanks to the gyro doing its thing. 15 minutes into the run, the transmission started barking like a rabid dog, so I lifted it and found out that the driveline had binded. I later pulled it apart to find the pinion gear grub screw had worked itself loose and chewed up a little of the pinion (nothing major) as well as a tiny bit of the chassis inside the transmission housing (also no biggie).  Had my spur not been steel, I'd need a new spur right now lol.

Note to self: THREADLOCK THE PINION GRUB SCREW on your other builds before driving them!

I need to find a better way to properly locate bodypost holes on bodies, this is the second one I mess up. I used the "paint on the ends of the posts" method to make an imprint on the underside of the body, but since the rear posts are very long, the whole body ended up shifted 2-3mm forwards of the chassis when I was done :angry:

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

I botched the bodypost holes on my 'practice' prepainted chinese shell for the TT02S. I'd feel bad if the body wasn't so hopelessly UGLY :lol::lol:

BEHOLD:

IMG-20200822-011524.jpg

I take it that's supposed to be a lambo of some description? 

Did it look better in the pics? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Aerobert said:

After years of fiddling with several connectors and adapters and a I've started to change all connectors to Dean plugs.

I started using Deans plugs almost exclusively this year. I love them. 

It was actually a couple of days ago, but I found a way to use Zip ties to do the Fishing line mod on my Pumpkin 🎃 

I only used 6lb test so the nylon ties sheared it after a couple of packs . I will re do it with either thicker line, or something to protect the line,  Also I’m going to use a black tie instead of white when I redo it ( so it blends more discreetly with the chassis 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

I need to find a better way to properly locate bodypost holes on bodies, this is the second one I mess up. I used the "paint on the ends of the posts" method to make an imprint on the underside of the body, but since the rear posts are very long, the whole body ended up shifted 2-3mm forwards of the chassis when I was done :angry:

I had a similar issue with the posts on an M08 as they where long enough for a Double Decker bus body. 
So with the body sitting on the uncut posts I measured from the top of the wheel to the top of the wheel arch and then minus about 10mm off that measurement. 
I then cut the calculated measurement of the posts so it would be sitting closer to where it needed to be, marked the posts with a sharpie (unpainted body) drilled the holes and it was about right. I’ll probably trim a tad more off the posts yet to tidy them up.

F117ECCF-14B4-4267-99BC-A0566D3F494B.jpg

9C791394-CD9F-436F-9D3A-8E9945D11F47.jpg

027BA59E-3E99-4BB3-A36D-C01A6F2093FC.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

After a lot of thought, I’ve decided to sell my Etronix / Hobbyking radio gear. Loved this setup but can’t expand it due to the receivers being discontinued, didn’t like having multiple transmitters on the shelf :(

Coming to an eBay auction near you soon!

8F3CAFC7-6EC5-4ED2-B83F-458546158553.thumb.jpeg.fc21d042403e84566c9b7b47115f5d0b.jpeg

• Like 1

Decals done :)

Screenshot_20200822_150555.jpg

Possibly heading to an auction :ph34r:

• Like 12

Servo finally fitted as this project has had loads of bits missing. Excuse the mess 🤫C1C71DE9-F464-43EE-84A7-E1D83700922D.thumb.jpeg.6a18af4837a6a38fa7ba181fc9624bc9.jpeg

• Like 4

The Hornet's got new shoes on, it's all freshened up and ready to go on the road trip! I'm excited to try these Padlatrak tires on the beach (if I find one) as it's the first time I have them on.

It feels good to bring a loyal RC car with us on vacation:lol:

20200822-110814.jpg

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Wez-li said:

I take it that's supposed to be a lambo of some description? 

Did it look better in the pics? :ph34r:

More scoops than an ice cream parlour! :ph34r:

7 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

After a lot of thought, I’ve decided to sell my Etronix / Hobbyking radio gear. Loved this setup but can’t expand it due to the receivers being discontinued, didn’t like having multiple transmitters on the shelf :(

Coming to an eBay auction near you soon!

8F3CAFC7-6EC5-4ED2-B83F-458546158553.thumb.jpeg.fc21d042403e84566c9b7b47115f5d0b.jpeg

Have you tried advertising for some more receivers? I have a spare one of the blue HW 3100 (or whatever the number is). 🙂

• Like 1

Went to Joann’s Fabric for some upholstery foam. $10.

rxszN4q.jpg

After some quick math, used a razor to cut some foam inserts for some new HPI Mud Thrashers.

N7TeGFt.jpg

Mounted on white HPI Super Stars.  Looks great and tires aren’t so squishy anymore.

2uIhXYw.jpg

Also got Barbie a new shirt...

Terry

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Finally got round to ball racing the midnight pumpkin... Now the esc (TBLE-02S) doesn't want to reverse. 

1 hour ago, BP2411 said:

Finally got round to ball racing the midnight pumpkin... Now the esc (TBLE-02S) doesn't want to reverse. 

Have you got the instructions? 

I don't know if they will help, probably not if it's anything like mine, I'm having a nightmare with it :rolleyes::lol:

Googled the instructions, followed it to the letter, nothing, eventually just reset it all and it worked, then my son crashed it and broke the bumper 😂