Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Where did this shell come from!!!!!!!! I love it.

@yogi-bear is correct - it's a Ukrainian company called APlastics

Search eBay for Volvo 242 - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RC-Body-Car-Drift-Touring-1-10-Volvo-242-GT-Coupe-style-APlastics-New-Shell/273232077096?hash=item3f9de6a128:g:i8oAAOSw3utY54Il

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lsear2905 said:

did you order yours direct from them? The expected delivery date is listed up to 3 months for me, so wasn't too keen on that. There is a local hobby store in Brisbane that's stocking some of them, but not all of them.

21 hours ago, Killajb said:

Tried some different wheels on a my Wild One

FlyingWildOne.jpg

Too beautiful! Love it!

2 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

did you order yours direct from them? The expected delivery date is listed up to 3 months for me, so wasn't too keen on that. There is a local hobby store in Brisbane that's stocking some of them, but not all of them.

I ordered directly from them as I don't believe eBay was an option at the time (it was 5 years ago). I don't think 3 months is excessive at the moment - I've been waiting for my GPM wheelie bar for the Lunchbox since mid-April, thanks to HK Post not shipping to Australia.

Got some present from a local buddy. MSCs to restore for mid 80's Tamiya & Kyosho buggies AND the Futaba ESC I used to dream about three decades ago :D

https://i.imgur.com/Zt25Ej7.jpg

Too bad it's raining here. Such a long winter :(  and no parts to finish anything in here...

• Like 3

Tried a little detailing on the VW Karmann Ghia. Used Kyosho 0.4mm Micron Tape.

20200826_175953_resized.thumb.jpg.658f077ea5c4e2b0f94464b3fbfa5391.jpg20200826_180009_resized.thumb.jpg.d2403b558ab8c8035b94a85534dc362c.jpg20200826_175519_resized.thumb.jpg.72e934eb9088d8273ba8e9f581b3f09f.jpg

• Like 20

This afternoon I fitted some more upgrades to my DT-02, which started out as a Super Fighter GR.

It started out with a few key upgrades - bearings, a steel pinion and oil shocks were fitted during the initial build.

2020-08-27_12-32-10

Not long afterwards, the heavy injection moulded body and wing were replaced with lightweight polycarbonate Sand Viper items, but it was only years later when my Desert Gator received turnbuckles that the stock plastic upper arms on this model were replaced with adjustable rods.

Today the metal and plastic dogbones, outdrives and axles were replaced with all-metal items, bringing the chassis up to full Sand Viper spec:

2020-08-26_11-27-51

2020-08-26_11-27-37

It now looks like this:

2020-08-26_11-29-19

• Like 6

Got some spare time today to re-assemble the body from the beautiful Super Clod Buster I recently got from @speedy_w_beans. Despite blue being one of my favorite colors, I always preferred the original red Clod. The Super Clod never did anything for me until I saw speedy's simple, clean and elegant take on it. It was just classy. I was actually in the middle of recreating one for myself when his popped up for sale. After much deliberating (is six Clods too many?:blink:) I caved in. I don't regret it. Speedy was great to buy from and did perhaps the most careful packing job I've seen. Everything arrived perfect. Thanks speedy!

20200826_193012 20200826_192847

please excuse the somewhat grainy pics

This frees up my old Super Clod for a new project I have in mind dubbed "the Utility Clod". Hopefully more to come.

• Like 12

Did some more painting on Wild Willy. Took a little time to get the 'jeans' colour right, but I'm pleased with the result. 

20200825_223017.jpg

• Like 14

Found some perfect shores for some RC action today. Packed the Hornet, two batteries and even a mini tool box, got there excited as a kid... just to realize I forgot to bring the transmitter with me :wacko: bummer, will have to go back absolutely! 

Got a few stills while we were there

20200826-214836.jpg

20200826-214958.jpg

20200826-214904.jpg

@Re-Bugged these signs totally reminded me of Australia, definitely didn't expect to see them in my neck of the woods :lol:20200826-215733.jpg

Ps. Just for the record... this is the southernmost tip of mainland Canada :o20200826-191220.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Did you here about the guy who drowned in a bowl of muesli  @Ferruz ?

Apparently he was pulled in by a strong current. 

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Did you here about the guy who drowned in a bowl of muesli  @Ferruz ?

Apparently he was pulled in by a strong current. 

Don't give up your day job 😉

• Haha 1

Finished painting the Zahhak. Now the Decals.
The Zahhak is a setback for the Top Force rebuild, but I need a car to drive at the holiday :D

IMG_20200827_103713.jpg

• Like 4

Picked these up:

Most important was the turnbuckle set and the reinforced axles. No steering rod was on my M02 so got the hop up version, it comes with a rod for the M01 (long) and a rod for the M02 (short), unfortunately the long rod is too long with the servo either direction, the short one is too short with the servo in the correct orientation, and it doesn't seem to like the M wheelbase, with the servo in the reverse orientation as it fouls the stabilizer bar.

The same car came with one freewheel axle and one drive cup 😄 so I got a reinforced set, swapped those into my M05, and put the stock M05 ones into the M02. 

Has anyone used these (#53509) fluorine coated pinions from Tamiya? I bought a few, but not sure how good they are or how long they last compared to buying steel pinions.

I9Wqo08.jpg

• Like 3

posted my Madcap 😭

Farewell my friend.......

IMG_1524

My sister had better get used to strange looks, because she's going to be wearing that wedding dress to the supermarket for at least a year if I've got anything to do with it!! 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I got the Lunchbox out up at the local school, and my wife was amazed how controllable the wheelies are! So much so, that she volunteered to stand in the middle of the track to take a front-on photo as it wheelie'd straight under her! The shot isn't as sharp as I'd normally aim for, but the angle she captured isn't something I'd be able to do while also driving the car.

1949678209_2020-08-2716_28_47.thumb.jpg.bef2848970d4111c4edc1cdcad493211.jpg

• Like 10

15 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

posted my Madcap 😭

Farewell my friend.......

IMG_1524

My sister had better get used to strange looks, because she's going to be wearing that wedding dress to the supermarket for at least a year if I've got anything to do with it!! 🤣

Sounds to me like your sister has a fantastic brother 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

Sounds to me like your sister has a fantastic brother 👍🏻

I completely agree 🤣

And I intend to remind her of that on a very regular basis ;) 

Cheers mate 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got the chassis built and running and the body masked ready for the black spraying. Got a couple of tins of ps9 green for the body, darker than the ps22 tamiya reccomend but I think it'll be a closer match to Land Rover Epsom Green. Only trouble is I drove past a 1:1 Red Defender today and thought that looks nice.... 

IMG_20200827_233229.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wetman said:

Got the chassis built and running and the body masked ready for the black spraying. Got a couple of tins of ps9 green for the body, darker than the ps22 tamiya reccomend but I think it'll be a closer match to Land Rover Epsom Green. Only trouble is I drove past a 1:1 Red Defender today and thought that looks nice.... 

IMG_20200827_233229.jpg

So red and green it is then  :lol: .   Or body number two on it's way  with red paint :D ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm experiencing a little bit of RC frustration during the on road vacation...

Found another sweet shore line for the Hornet to run, rocked up with the car (and the transmitter this time) but when I turned it on, it just kept spazzing out and losing connection intermittently.

From a few centimeters everything works, but as soon as I walk a single step away the receiver starts losing and regaining its bind erratically, on and off every second, resulting in the complete impossibility to drive the car. It feels kinda like a typical interference in the good old days with frequencies and crystals, but with 2.4ghz?? :blink: I am confused.

I've taken apart both transmitter and receiver completely, everything seems fine and all wired up properly. Batteries are good, antenna look good also, I have no clue! I'm afraid the receiver might be toast... or maybe it's the transmitter as, come to think of it, I had a similar issue a month ago while driving the Manta Ray (same tx) but it only lasted a few minutes after which everything was normal again.

Any wisdom to help a Hornet on the road would be welcome. I don't have plenty of tools (though..ehm... I did bring the soldering gun:ph34r:) but would be able to attempt something, I just don't know what! 

I'm afraid I'll have to cave in and find a HS where to buy an expensive, unplanned tx/rx, or else I'll have to just keep taking stills of the Hornet as if it was some sort of pet! Getting quite tired of these lol, though might as well :lol:

20200827-232002.jpg

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

I'm afraid I'll have to cave in and find a HS where to buy an expensive, unplanned tx/rx, or else I'll have to just keep taking stills of the Hornet as if it was some sort of pet! Getting quite tired of these lol, though might as well :lol:

20200827-232002.jpg

Money spent on holiday is holiday money so can’t be counted as spent on the hobby.

There is always some kind of unplanned expense on holiday so I’d get a new Tx/Rx (Multi memory for more than 1 car?) now before the cash gets wasted on something boring like a 1:1 car breakdown, flat tyre or something.

Great photo by the way, please keep snapping away 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1