Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

Mounted the motor, ESC, blue turnbuckes, and blue steering.  Now to wire the motor....

DA77E3D6-E52B-40D8-8D8A-22DDAACBA31D.jpeg

B43EA8ED-87FE-40CF-8C11-2798D4D357E7.jpeg

E418102C-16A8-4465-B3B5-9ABF203892EF.jpeg

Nice and clean!

I really enjoy seeing people improving their kits by installing hop up parts. The hunting/searching, time and money spent are all efforts of passion that turns the kits into art. :)

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

Nice and clean!

I really enjoy seeing people improving their kits by installing hop up parts. The hunting/searching, time and money spent are all efforts of passion that turns the kits into art. :)

Agreed. The chase for parts and the anticipation of the build is a big part of RC enjoyment  .

• Like 4

I sold the old TT01 chassis earlier this week (contactless, of course), so that's the original Konghead and old TT01 chassis gone. I've also put my MERV rolling chassis up for sale - three 1/16 Traxxas vehicles seems like one too many.

This, of course, leaves room on the shelf for something new... which I ordered last night. I'll give you some clues: it is RTR (not available as a kit) and it is Japanese. It's also oddball, so I had to get it!

I also re-did the shocks in the MERV I'm keeping (I did the 1/16 Grave Digger and 1/10 Stampede 4x2 a few days ago) yesterday.

Today I ran the B5 and Konghead at the high school.

• Like 1

Today I prepared the area around my favourite arm chair to be more conducive to receiving the flurry of incoming gifts for Fathers Day tomorrow. Palm leaves also in place for fanning and a bowl of grapes in place for being hand fed. Should be good, looking for to being Top Dog for a day before handing back all responsibilities to the wife on Monday. 
Happy Father’s Day to all participating countries and fellow members  👍🏻😁

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Nothing yet, but I have given myself a pat on the back for not buying a car/truck or kit in over 3 months now (not obsessive in anyway 😂)

High prices, heavy work load and lack of pocket money have all been useful in helping keep me on the straight and narrow 😳

Trying to work on 1 model at a time which is very slow progress for me at the best of times anyway but the general plan is to only buy the next toy when the last one is finished 👍

In my virtual next to buy list I have-

Blitzer

WW2

FF03

M08

XV01

Top Force

As a true Tamiya addict there are of course others that could be added like a King Cab or Monster Racer....Kyosho Beetle. 

• Like 4

Been painting Beetle bodies for the past week or so!

A lexan shell for my Blitzer

IMG-20200826-150616.jpg

IMG-20200827-204809.jpg

Seeing double...

IMG-20200901-205502.jpg

The 2nd one isn't mine...

Finally added a bit of detail to my Blitzer. Fancied adding some race numbers so came up with a hand painted design. Not 100% on it but at least I can remove it and try again!

IMG-20200904-144418.jpg

Think I have a mild Beetle problem...got a Kyosho one on the way now too 😁

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Ferruz said:

We went through a whole bunch of Antique Shoppes in the area, some of which were absolutely huge, to a point that I started hoping that the little RC hound in me might find something... no luck. 

Plenty of 1/24 static kits though, even some Tamiya ones, but none of them was priced low enough to be of any interest.

This was the only RC related thing I spotted, a cool Cox engine probably for an aircraft

20200902-144637.jpg

Tons of funky stuff which kept tingling my hopes to find some remote controlled treasure lol, but no way

20200902-144827.jpg

20200902-144945.jpg

In the meantime, the Hornet keeps up with the travels 

20200903-141912.jpg

20200903-124852.jpg

20200903-125303.jpg

20200902-200918.jpg

The air pistol is really cool. The old push barrel ones were lots of fun. Some like the Gat fires corks so you could have real battles with friends!!! (Not nowadays of course 😇)

1 hour ago, Krustybus said:

Been painting Beetle bodies for the past week or so!

A lexan shell for my Blitzer

IMG-20200826-150616.jpg

IMG-20200827-204809.jpg

Seeing double...

IMG-20200901-205502.jpg

The 2nd one isn't mine...

Finally added a bit of detail to my Blitzer. Fancied adding some race numbers so came up with a hand painted design. Not 100% on it but at least I can remove it and try again!

IMG-20200904-144418.jpg

Think I have a mild Beetle problem...got a Kyosho one on the way now too 😁

The Blitzer is a great model but the Kyosho is a thing of beauty 👍

I’ve hovered over the buy it now option a lot over the years since it was rereleased in 2014. 

@Grumpy pants yeah I've been eyeing one up for ages. Not had a Kyosho for years but remember they are really well engineered. This one has been built and run a couple of times. Will be doing a box art body for it as I love how they look

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Today I prepared the area around my favourite arm chair to be more conducive to receiving the flurry of incoming gifts for Fathers Day tomorrow. Palm leaves also in place for fanning and a bowl of grapes in place for being hand fed. Should be good, looking for to being Top Dog for a day before handing back all responsibilities to the wife on Monday. 
Happy Father’s Day to all participating countries and fellow members  👍🏻😁

All that for socks, undies, and a box of scorched almonds? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, berman said:

All that for socks, undies, and a box of scorched almonds? 🤣🤣🤣

What a show off, you get all that?

• Haha 3

Opened the GF01 chassis trying to minimise things taken apart, cleaned all the gears and diffs, added greases and putty that I’ve learnt from being on here;

• Front diff – AW grease & Shimano reel grease.

• Rear – AW grease & TRF diff putty.

• Coated all gears in Ceramic HG and removed rubber shields to the gear bearings.

Thanks for the tips on restricting diff moment, you know who you are.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

What a show off, you get all that?

Nope, just the scorched almonds, and the kids will probably mooch them off me! 😄

• Haha 2

Quick question, will changing the size of the pinion gear effect the sound/pitch of the gears moving? I’ve gone from a 20t to a 22t...

• Like 1

PrHyM3i.jpg

Got these beadlocks fitted. Had to use 15mm spacers as the inner bead fouled on the upright screws and also had to drill the wheels out to allow the wheel bolts to fit. I was a bit concerned doing this as I had to drill free hand, but they all spin true. 
Now I have to trial it as I may have to trim the arches.

• Like 8

Great job @Yoda67, but take that bit of overspray film off the rear arch, it's triggering my ocd 😄

3 minutes ago, berman said:

Great job @Yoda67, but take that bit of overspray film off the rear arch, it's triggering my ocd 😄

I think your referring to my not so great decals on the wheel arches? I may remove them if I need to trim the arches

2 hours ago, Yoda67 said:

I think your referring to my not so great decals on the wheel arches? I may remove them if I need to trim the arches

Apologies. I just saw the shiny bit from the light reflection, and assumed it was a missed bit of overspray film. 

Another option instead of decals is to trim the overspray film around the arch and spray the outside with ps paint, then use ps matte clear or semi gloss clear and pull the rest of the overspray film off the body.

Regardless, the landy looks great! 😎

Well since its Fathers Day here, the family gave me some space and I was allowed to do what I wanted to do.

So I did what any of us would do in this situation...

I sat there all morning polishing my shaft... 😬 :ph34r:

UiOjaX8.jpg

• Haha 14

Only if you've done what I recently did... And fitted a 48p Pinion Gear, instead of a .06 Mod. It was just enough to go from smooth and reasonably quiet - to a CACOPHONY and high pitched vibration. 😖

14 hours ago, •Axle said:

Quick question, will changing the size of the pinion gear effect the sound/pitch of the gears moving? I’ve gone from a 20t to a 22t...

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, berman said:

Well since its Fathers Day here, the family gave me some space and I was allowed to do what I wanted to do.

So I did what any of us would do in this situation...

I sat there all morning polishing my shaft... 😬 :ph34r:

They look like the front shafts from a Traxxas Stampede (or Rustler).

The Bandit got a run yesterday afternoon/evening (it desperately needs new rear tires) but today - something a little different. My wife found a new spot to walk the dogs less than 2km from home (we're legally required to exercise within 5km of our homes at the moment) and I never knew it was there!! It's fantastic, wide dirt paths, tall gum trees and best of all almost no people... which meant I was back there a couple of hours later to go for a quiet walk, just me and my UDR!

1769727561_2020-09-0614_34_33.thumb.jpg.2b097205eeddeffafe80d3ac919b361f.jpg

219059575_2020-09-0614_32_09.thumb.jpg.abb46045b557173cf2b5b88298c0ab73.jpg

1085732329_2020-09-0614_27_39.thumb.jpg.3a89d4be91a7218a0cfc3e8078fbf207.jpg

1274500340_2020-09-0614_41_56.thumb.jpg.cd3c6dc4c56ba2920b1c3b34b9989b53.jpg

1831385561_2020-09-0614_37_14.thumb.jpg.6c6ac42a10181e74d1aaf74f5d4384f9.jpg

I have another clue about what my new vehicle is - it's twin motor... any guesses yet?

• Like 4

saw a Karmann Ghia kit listed on eBay at the cheapest I'd seen it in quite some time, so snapped it up. Also received the Lego Formula E Jaguar Speed Champion set for Father's Day, so built that and managed to pick up the GT-R Nismo in the afternoon as well.

2020_09_06_built-lego-1.jpeg

2020_09_06_built-lego-2.jpeg

• Like 7