Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BarbieFoot 2 is inching closer to completion...

Some masking for the second undercoat.

nS5p4mo.jpg

Put out in the sun for drying.

ejjC48I.jpg

Cleaned up and mounted. There is some touch up that’s needed but it’s starting to look good.

gfdpe1z.jpg

My daughter is excited. I need to work on the motor a bit (new pinion and resoldering wires), but it’s 98% there. Also found and bought some hot pink Imex wheels to replace the red ones.  Should arrive tomorrow...

Terry

• Like 5

Sprung for aluminum front uprights for this thing.. since I am going with the steering ball joints raised and figured it would put excess stress on the plastic parts.  A bit  expensive, but fit and finish are very good.

BlueFootSteeringShot.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, •Axle said:

Hit a dog poo at full speed... 🤬

ARRRGH. That is my ultimate fear when running in parks with long-ish grass you can't fully inspect. Darn those rogue dog owners who don't pick up their little land mines. I don't care if the car breaks and some parts need replacing. Dog poo? I think I would have to discard the entire car.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, c64orinoco said:

ARRRGH. That is my ultimate fear when running in parks with long-ish grass you can't fully inspect. Darn those rogue dog owners who don't pick up their little land mines. I don't care if the car breaks and some parts need replacing. Dog poo? I think I would have to discard the entire car.

Yep, it absolutely honked as it was a fresh one... Started with the baby wipes then the bleach spray with an old toothbrush and started taking it apart slowly and washed the bleach off, when the chassis was dry I used a big old soft painting brush to remove all dirt in general, it’s now  acceptably clean. 🤣

Having to handle it though 😩

Also used some of that silicone shine spray that you use on bikes and it came up a treat.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Bennett Ironman said:

Drove my DT03 Neo on 2s lipo straight into my 'big Toe' 🤯🤯

Could be worse, am I right @•Axle

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lsear2905 said:

Could be worse, am I right @•Axle

I’m trying to weigh up a throbbing big toe vs flecks of faecal matter engrained all over suspension arms and shock shafts... 🤔

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, •Axle said:

I’m trying to weigh up a throbbing big toe vs flecks of faecal matter engrained all over suspension arms and shock shafts... 🤔

Personally I'd go with the sore toe...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, lsear2905 said:

Personally I'd go with the sore toe...

yep, sore toe all day.  no poo poo wheels for me

• Haha 1

I spent a lot of the day watching the tracking for my new RC vehicle... and I think it's wrong thanks to the current 'Stage 4' lockdown in Victoria. The Australia Post website says it's due today (it's now 5pm, so I doubt it) but it also says, "With the massive demand and current workforce capacity constraints in Victoria, we foresee an additional 3 day delay for deliveries in Victoria. This is both within and into Victoria." and also, "As a result of these unprecedented circumstances, our Express Post service is seeing significant delays in delivery. This means that while we continue to prioritise Express Post, and most parcels shipped via this service arrive on time, some could take five business days or more to reach their destination."

So that sucks. I'll give another clue though - I have to work out if the NiMH battery it comes with will fit in the CC01...

In other news, I've made a massive improvement to a bridge on my crawler course. It wasn't particularly difficult to do, either.

1019627594_CameraUploads7.thumb.jpg.8c30d04755efb75983536a3cb6fddc8a.jpg

• Like 3

As I saw on a forum members build topic, I decided to the same to my FF03.

@wtcc5, thank you for the idea. The center of weight feels more centerd to the middle of the car then before. Especially when running small batteries. Also the servo position before was kind of annoying. Had to use my lowprofile savox from the F103LM TRF I had on as the high profile does not fit this way.

wL7gISX.jpg

ixzwmbo.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UMfu3ed.mp4

to speed run it again I need a 48P 65T spur.

if anyone has it let me know.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

ixzwmbo.jpg

That LiPo looks seriously puffed. I would be disposing of that, and very carefully, too.

In Tamiya news - I scored a (basically) new Traxxas XL5 ESC with LVD (to replace the one that didn't) in my Volvo TT01, so no more annoying LiPo alarm in that!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

That LiPo looks seriously puffed. I would be disposing of that, and very carefully, too. 

That only looks like because it is a 3s. It has foam under the wraping. Far from puffing :)

Replaced the screw pins in my thunder dragon shelf queen to the shafts from 53301. Disappointed to find I was a already late and the A5 part had already split. Swapped it out with my last new A5 part so that it shouldn't be a problem now. 

Also replaced the same screw pins on the TD runner as well as my lads WT01. Found that one of the screw pins was backing out where the rear arms attach to the gearbox housing. 

Fitted these to my Boomerang, for the craic!

IMG_7385.jpeg.2a600ef8923bbffb7ba9f68e6429efbc.jpeg

All set for some mucking about in Porthcawl on Saturday while Mrs J has a surfing lesson B)

IMG_7391.jpeg.c7354ed8bb27416d66806073cce8385d.jpeg

If the motor goes up in smoke I've got a Superstock BZ waiting in the wings 

• Like 5

Not today but two and three days ago (I had no internet up to now).

In the last few places of our vacation we found a couple good spots to run the Hornet, one beach and one particularly gratifying pile of dirt. I will miss this locations!

20200905-105608.jpg

20200909-132721.jpg

20200909-132751.jpg

20200909-132816.jpg

20200909-132634.jpg

20200909-132831.jpg

20200909-132801.jpg

20200909-132854.jpg

One last browsing through a huge Antiques market lead me to discover this odd ball toy grade rc... I'm sure nobody will bash me for just leaving it there lol20200905-140613.jpg

This is how the Hornet looked by the end of the trip... nice, tired and battered up, it totally deserves a clean up and facelift now

Screenshot-20200909-132401-Gallery.jpg

We had a blast, and so had "Driver Greg Martin" I guess20200909-132504.jpg

Here's a view of the both cars involved in the trip (though with quite different tasks from one another)

20200909-132420.jpg

• Like 11

Put in an order for some ESCs, servoes, paint and sundries like body clips as well as some motor wires and solder. It is my birthday this month so I'm angling for a soldering iron. I already have a list of soldering jobs -

• Suspected connection problem in one of my son's toy grade cars
  • A severed motor wire on our WW2
  • A partially severed on/off wire on an ESC (dragged on the ground!)
  • Motor wires on my sensored ' bluebottle' motor
  • Motor wires on the new motor for my trail rig

Should give me some practice over the autumn / winter!

Made my M05 CRX less offensive - to ME anyway!! 😜 IMG_20200909_132743.thumb.jpg.29d899e1bab758bea8bbc6622e58a996.jpg

Just lightweight, .020" Black Styrene Sheet and some Double-Sided Tape! IMG_20200909_132402.thumb.jpg.bfa335274f700c23b54a770054d661e9.jpg

STILL really want an Interior Plate......

• Like 3

Managed to grab my M05 from the club, nobody has finished it as I thought some member maybe would.

so I decided to take it back and make something out of it. or maybe sell it

doflmjW.jpg
4i7K3ue.jpg

fs9UTXh.jpg

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Carmine A said:

@Fabia130vRS Where did you get that oversized Aluminium Heatsink from?? I've never seen one like it!!

I bought it on ebay, it was a lot sale. Originally it is made from Yeah Racing, I also have the shorter heat sink from Yeah racing, on my M05ver2 I use the Ver2 motor mount with DF03 heat sinks.

this is or will be a normal M05 with the blue motor mount also from Yeah racing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1