Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I finally went brushless, bought a Goolrc 4370kv & 45A esc, put them in my mad bull but it needs a push to get going, I don't know if I need a program card or if the motor is a dud, anyway, being impatient I opted for bump starting it... And now it has 3 wheels 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BP2411 said:

I finally went brushless, bought a Goolrc 4370kv & 45A esc, put them in my mad bull but it needs a push to get going, I don't know if I need a program card or if the motor is a dud, anyway, being impatient I opted for bump starting it... And now it has 3 wheels 😂

You can get a program card for them. I have a similar motor in my Blitzer and even with NiMh batteries its a ruffian. They can cog a bit and I think I fiddled a bit with mine using the card but cant remember what I changed

I nearly decided to have a clearout and get rid of 2 or 3 cars!!! Then as I was browsing the site I noticed I had a like for one of them even though the post was quite old. I thought if somone else liked it so should so I'm keeping it, and the other 2!!!!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Some progress on this little one...

dGjVyqkh.jpg

Jr7hu9Eh.jpg

Is that an MST chassis?

27 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

You can get a program card for them. I have a similar motor in my Blitzer and even with NiMh batteries its a ruffian. They can cog a bit and I think I fiddled a bit with mine using the card but cant remember what I changed

So the program card would eliminate the need for a bump start? Are program cards universal? 

Not entirely sure. I think you generally need a Goolrc card to change settings on a Goolrc motor. Mine never needed that kind of effort to get it going so maybe another problem that some more knowledgeble member may be able to help with.

Just sold a bunch of stuff in one go online.  Goodbye CR01 Unimog, TT02S Evo, and Bronco and S13 Silvia bodies.  It's rough to think about actually sending them off but I might see if he's interested in a few more things, ha ha.

Now I can look at the RCJaz website and debate whether I should get a DN01 for summer.

• Like 3

I spent the last 2 hours taking an inventory and rearranging all the bits and bobs that the postman brought in over the past month. I ended up categorizing them by the car they'll be going into, with the rest going into a 'miscellaneous' box. I really should stop ordering stuff, this is getting a little out of hand...

IMG-20200919-002639.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Blista said:

Just sold a bunch of stuff in one go online.  Goodbye CR01 Unimog, TT02S Evo, and Bronco and S13 Silvia bodies.  It's rough to think about actually sending them off but I might see if he's interested in a few more things, ha ha.

Now I can look at the RCJaz website and debate whether I should get a DN01 for summer.

What else you got for sale ?.  I'm stuc in NZ and have been since 18 july ( 1st time i tryed to get back to Aus ) . 

Got here 6th June , as my Mum passed away of cancer sadly  on 3rd june . Tryed to get here sooner , but we all know

about covid etc . 

Been thinking of getting an RC to tinker with . G-hopper , hornet , wildone , boomerang ?  Runner . And of course i

have nothing here . 

1 hour ago, matman said:

What else you got for sale ?.  I'm stuc in NZ and have been since 18 july ( 1st time i tryed to get back to Aus ) . 

Got here 6th June , as my Mum passed away of cancer sadly  on 3rd june . Tryed to get here sooner , but we all know

about covid etc . 

Been thinking of getting an RC to tinker with . G-hopper , hornet , wildone , boomerang ?  Runner . And of course i

have nothing here . 

Sorry to hear about that.  I haven't got any buggies I'm afraid.  I've only got an M07 left to sell.  I'm just waiting to hear back if he wants it.

edit - he didn't take the M07 but he did take my WRX NBR body.

Edited by Blista
selling my soul one car at a time
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, matman said:

about covid etc . 

have nothing here . 

Sorry to hear Mat!

Err, just sold my OG boomerang and wild one last week... :ph34r:

• Like 1

Took my Fox for a test run, piloted by my little man.

Motor barely gets warm, it can probably go up a couple of sizes, gearwise.

Photos are too big to upload.

Painted my CRX body today.

Thought I had 1-1/2 cans of PS-1, turns out the can I thought was near full was 3/4 full and the other was near empty and shooting dried strings of paint.

I nearly got full coverage of the white and my LHS had closed at 3pm and it was 3:15pm (and a 20 minute drive) so I found some TS-27 Matt white and some PS-57 Pearl White, so I did some light coats of TS-27 Matt White to make it opaque, and then a coverage of PS-12 Silver and then PS-5 Black. 

Now I've realised I am out of PS-31 smoke, so can't remove the protective film and continue with the decals 😄

1alzEuw.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Yes. CFX. 

On my wish list especially with the new Jimny body when it comes out

• Like 1

Put a 2S lipo in my mad bull, it still needs a bump start but now it wheelies & is ridiculously fast. 

IMG_20200919_090737.jpg

Yesterday evening I finished cleaning, fixing and refurbishing the Hornet after all the shoreline adventures.

This is how it looked by the end of our little road trip

Screenshot-20200918-102956-Gallery.jpg

20200907-122206.jpg

This is now, tidy, well rested and ready to go again

20200916-183828.jpg

20200916-184817.jpg

It already "jumped" into action, although the amazing playgrounds on the beach will be hard to match!

Screenshot-20200918-200235-Video-Player.

• Like 5

Took my avante black out in the back garden for a light blast around and for some unknown reason the rear gearbox kept on locking up then I spent 3hrs taking it apart and rebuilding the ball differential and still don't know why it kept on locking it all looked perfect? but it all went back together and is smooth! No idea what I did to fix it?

Did some maintenance on my Novafox.  Somehow it had lost all 4 screws from the lower left ball plate at once.  Replaced all of those, plus a bent steering rod.  Still need to swap out the upper chassis due to a cracked body mount but may just get velcro to preserve my spares stockpile.

Monster beetle running only lasted 10 minutes today before steering fails.. luckily it’s not electrical, simple mechanical failure mode.. Cheap servo with nylon drive, naff servo saver and noticeably absent retaining screw... I deliberately bought a cheap servo as this car was intended for the 4yo to run about with and I didn’t want to bother with upgrades, false economy.... at least as time investment goes.. I think I need something I can actually secure a screw to properly.. Any recommendations folks? Probably try swapping the saver too while I’m at it.. there was one being mentioned here a lot but I have such a short memory..

0BC37E88-6CCC-4D4B-9D17-E540C568069B.jpeg

Put the brushless set up & 2s lipo in my TL-01... Wheels coming off has lost it's charm now. 

IMG_20200919_200723.jpg

Took a couple of Javelins and my six year old to a local baseball diamond to race.

The six year old was beating me, before the race was halted when steering issues kicked in. 

Admittedly, he had the quicker car (but I had a bit more top speed) and a baseball infield isn't the most technical track (and I am not exactly the Colin McRae or Ayrton Senna of 1/10 buggies), but he's happy. A win is a win, especially when you are a six year old.

• Like 4

I began working on the M02 I received recently. Despite having recently built several more sophisticated cars (M07, M08, TB04R), I'm frankly surprised by how much I'm really enjoying every moment of building this M02. There's just something about it that I can't quite put into words that makes this chassis more fun to build. Since I started very late this evening, I didn't get past what can be roughly described as half-way through. So the rear transmission and axles are done, and the front bulkhead with the swingarms is also done. Tomorrow I'll jump into the steering setup and then start pulling the chassis bits into one piece. 

Picture of the rear:

IMG-20200920-030740.jpg

You may have noticed that this is not a completely stock build. Circlip-mounted CVDs were on the list for this M02, but there was no one particular hopup that provided this (for obvious reasons having to do with how recently Tamiya switched from grub screws to circlips on CVDs). The following is what one would need to do this on an M01/M02:

IMG-20200920-022859.jpg

• Like 4

Technically not today, but last night...  I've been working from home since March and my office/hobby space has been a mess.  Spent some time reorganizing the shelves, cleaning the mat, and putting parts away in their respective storage bins.  With some free space available again and the weather changing I'm feeling a little more motivated to start building again.

20200918_200627.thumb.jpg.facec56f37320603e7d02b32b63606a3.jpg

20200918_200648.thumb.jpg.402aca151af23c9c358e0ff07e7dbd25.jpg

20200918_200714_HDR.thumb.jpg.4a4ff5a8ebfe28d72a375e93a6fd0136.jpg

• Like 11