Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Tut, tut, panic buyer.... 😉

May as well be, they are available at RCMart now too, so must be back in stock again 😄

In my defence, I have cars to fit them all anyway :ph34r:

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

Plowed it into the neighbor’s trash can  

D6A5C603-48BD-4F77-8ECC-92491EA2F42C.jpeg

That makes it nice you did not have to go far away then to put it in the trash :o          OHHHHH!                   :lol:

3 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

How on earth does thing not break!?!

Power of the ghetto mods! 👍

• Haha 2

On 9/27/2020 at 7:55 AM, ThunderDragonCy said:

Ah, they will almost certainly be doing another run. Pop your email in to get notified about when it's back in stock. Or drop them an email directly. They will probably have a rough idea when more will be available. 

Yeah, it will fit an FF04 no problem. Even tight shells will go on with a bit of creative bumper cutting or deletion. My 306 isn't supposed to fit an FF03, but it does if you don't run the foam bumper and stick some foam on the front of the chassis to protect everything. The 04 has less overhang so i can't see why a Mondeo wouldn't work. 

Thanks for the tip, they say they'll have more Mondeo's at the end of the week and they ship to NZ. Usually they take VAT off which goes a long way to covering shipping too, result!

The FF04 is almost ready, I need to make the battery strap and attach the battery posts and its good to go. Currently sitting with a beaten up Bittydesign M410 on it which will do the trick until the Mondeo arrives.

Does anyone know where I can find the body instructions for the Mondeo? Or at least what colour paints to use?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Does anyone know where I can find the body instructions for the Mondeo? Or at least what colour paints to use?

Being a Ford, you can't really go wrong with a Rusty colour for the appropriate scale look.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Being a Ford, you can't really go wrong with a Rusty colour for the appropriate scale look.

with body-filler grey highlights ;) 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Thanks for the tip, they say they'll have more Mondeo's at the end of the week and they ship to NZ. Usually they take VAT off which goes a long way to covering shipping too, result!

The FF04 is almost ready, I need to make the battery strap and attach the battery posts and its good to go. Currently sitting with a beaten up Bittydesign M410 on it which will do the trick until the Mondeo arrives.

Result! Hope the shipping goes smoothly. 

The manual is on the Manuals section of the main site

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/manuals.asp?cm=453

It says just PS4 blue throughout and the white panel is a decal, but i don't know if the repro decals are the full panel. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

It says just PS4 blue throughout and the white panel is a decal, but i don't know if the repro decals are the full panel. 

Thanks, funny its PS4, most of my race shells are PS4. Should be easy enough to mask if the decals don't do it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Thanks, funny its PS4, most of my race shells are PS4. Should be easy enough to mask if the decals don't do it.

• Like 1

What have I done today....

Well, I just placed an order for an M06 titanium screwset. Nothing unusual right? 

Wrong. 

Umm. I don't have an M06. I only have an M02, and M07, and an M08.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

What have I done today....

Well, I just placed an order for an M06 titanium screwset. Nothing unusual right? 

Wrong. 

Umm. I don't have an M06. I only have an M02, and M07, and an M08.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I can smell the BS from New Zealand 😂

Whatcha buy? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, berman said:

I can smell the BS from New Zealand 😂

Whatcha buy? 😁

I speak the truth! I did not actually buy an M06 lol.

I was thinking of it, and I had a hefty amount of M06 hopups in my cart at RCMart, but as of this moment I did not order an M06.

I figured now that I've splurged on a screwset that's worth roughly half of an M06, I'm going to HAVE to buy one!

Curses... :lol:

Speaking of which... would there be any interest in an M06 build thread these days (You know, if by some weird coincidence I buy one by mistake)? Lord knows there are plenty out there already, right?

• Like 3

I don’t order parts for cars I don’t have - I normally order parts I had already previously bought, and forgotten I had!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, CoolHands said:

I don’t order parts for cars I don’t have - I normally order parts I had already previously bought, and forgotten I had!

Done that as well, on many an occasion.

It's really a toss-up as to which is worse lol.

so this time, i can actually bring something tamiya related to the table! after watching several videos on the iconic rc cup here in the uk, i decided to take the plunge and get a project for next years event. after a few weeks of searching i won this last night on ebay for £87, advertised as a ta05, but i think is actually a 415 msxx. not a bad price, will see whats what when it lands..one things for sure, the body and wheels wont make it to the track :lol:  ill most probably post a build / restoration thread on it.. in the meantime if anyone has and spares for one of these they don't want pm me!!

IMG_4428.jpg.586ea71795756c4806b575b538446d7b.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Grumpy pants said:

Got an awesome message with pictures from @jonboy1 💥

A great way to start the week 😊

I think I'd best just clarify the pictures are of his Hi-Lux that I'm giving a tidy up :D

The chassis and drivetrain got a strip down late last week, after which the screws and nuts etc went for a soak in some cleaner and the metal parts got a scrub and clean up.

Then over the weekend I gave all the metal parts a nice tidy - didn't go mad with them so they looked new or highly polished, just removed most of the blemishes and stains and scratches that build up over time.

IMG_1653

Following that it was a case of putting it all back together!

IMG_1654 IMG_1655 IMG_1656 IMG_1658

Next up is fitting the motor and transmission.....:unsure:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Have been working on yet another Wild Willy restoration. I have restored my original SWB WW 3 times over the decades, and have restored two other Wild Willys over the past couple years. Picked up this basket case recently, and getting pretty close to completing it. Still waiting on a few small detail pieces that are on their way to me as we speak (Winch sprue, radiator, and a couple other small parts.)  This one had several parts missing. Fortunately I had most of the parts needed already in my parts bin. Now waiting on a few more as well as some reproduction decals (Some I had, some I did not (i.e. Club suit decal). But IMHO, and original Wild Willy is really never complete unless it has it's iconic "Club" suit decal. But this one believe it or not was run very little, but was  never finished and missing a few parts. It had a crappy paint job on it, which I took down to clean original plastic (Brake Fluid and Tooth brush scrub). It did have a broken front spindle (had a spare). Believe it or not, the hard to find, and generally always broken, front grill was in VERY nice condition with no cracks, or broken out pieces (that was a total shocker to me). The original tires are actually in very nice condition with the exception of one (Which I have several nice original tires, so it will be replaced with a good one.) This is it as I got it, and as it is now while it waits for the final pieces to complete it. This one will be put up for sale when it is finished. 

20200930_154847.jpg

20201004_101720.jpg

• Like 3

This morning I did my usual 'Its Monday, I'll just have a look at the Tamico deal of the week' and then spent the rest of the day deliberating over the Axial SCX10ii. 

Then I had a text from my credit card company to tell me that someone had tried to fraudulently use my card details. One call to them later and my card has been blocked and a reissue ordered - should take about a week.

Phew, now I can turn my attention back to the stuff I have in the garage, not spending even more!!!

• Like 2

This today from Japan via Buyee. 

Never again 😕

IMG-20201005-WA0002.jpeg

Edited by svenb
Doh! Wrong thread
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, mman2005 said:

Out of interest, why never again @svenb?

Its the additional charges!  A £14 win ended up at just over £75 landed. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, mman2005 said:

Out of interest, why never again @svenb?

Won a couple of batteries too which got binned by the Buyee staff. 

• Sad 1

I had SO MANY spares from my TT02B, which was completely upgraded, and my TT02S, which was upgraded past what I thought was possible. Now the TT02S already comes with a lot of unused spares, so with the exception of some really silly missing parts here and there (23mm screw pins for example lol), I was able to cobble together a pretty respectable bits-a-build TT02. Here is where I am so far:

IMG-20201006-014807.jpg

Also, I was thinking about the M02L Boxster, and how the wheels are pretty rare so I don't want to run them, but I also don't want the Boxster looking weird with a spare set of generic/ugly wheels. I dug into my stash of wheels and found these, which seem to fit quite nicely. Opinions?

IMG-20201006-004515.jpg

IMG-20201006-004620.jpg

• Like 8