Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ordered some bits at Tamico and made the rear stealth mount bracket for the new body of my Blitzer Beetle. 

IMG_20201007_100820_compress4.thumb.jpg.5668108f2a85f83cf86c7805d0422023.jpg

• Like 2

Today I fitted my FF-03 with a cheap expendable runner shell so that it can take part in the postal races properly attired for a "frontie".

2020-10-07_03-43-10

I have a race blob for it, but I gather that this is not within "frontie" regulations, and I don't want to give it the beans while it is wearing the rather nice Honda Civic Type R shell that it has for shelf display.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

I have an M08, which I am getting a Ferrari Dino body for: Same as above, and is proper. Check!

32sej.jpg

I just wet myself a little

• Haha 4

Had a bit of fun with my mountain rider (body not painted yet)

the driveshaft fell out! Became front wheel drive only temporarily 

B45064A0-D0C6-40ED-85C6-E1EFF179229A.jpeg.3ce3806e468d7bfab83000165a886005.jpeg

then messed around for hours trying to set the old LRP ISP V6 speed controller on my Tyrell but just dries by seem to work. Don’t know if it’s knackered or what. But it used to work with my old radio

7201D37D-3BAB-4411-AD3A-F7C836889E72.jpeg.5e59cf5bd2768435beaeaf98a94e353e.jpeg

• Like 4

Today was Lunchbox day for me. I previously installed the wide-track double wishbone front suspension on it, as well as the little brace for the rear gearbox brackets to prevent suspension slap upon acceleration. Today I put in the Ampro diff locker, the Ampro rear suspension mount that puts some distance between the motor and the dampers, a 3d-printed front suspension brace, and (FINALLY) oil-filled shocks! The fronts are from the DF03 and rears are the proper size shocks for the Lunchbox, so it ended up tilted forwards a noticeable amount. I will later swap the fronts for standard 80mm ones like the rear, but here it is for now:

Diff locker:

IMG-20201007-231240.jpg

Rear suspension mount:

IMG-20201007-235905.jpg

Front brace:

IMG-20201008-010159.jpg

Final result:

IMG-20201008-010318.jpg

IMG-20201008-010348.jpg

IMG-20201008-010404.jpg

• Like 12

Looks great. I do love driving my Lunchbox. However, I really would have thought someone would have come up with a sealed diff for it by now. (unless I've missed one)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Today was Lunchbox day for me. I previously installed the wide-track double wishbone front suspension on it, as well as the little brace for the rear gearbox brackets to prevent suspension slap upon acceleration. Today I put in the Ampro diff locker, the Ampro rear suspension mount that puts some distance between the motor and the dampers, a 3d-printed front suspension brace, and (FINALLY) oil-filled shocks! The fronts are from the DF03 and rears are the proper size shocks for the Lunchbox, so it ended up tilted forwards a noticeable amount. I will later swap the fronts for standard 80mm ones like the rear, but here it is for now:

Diff locker:

IMG-20201007-231240.jpg

Rear suspension mount:

IMG-20201007-235905.jpg

Front brace:

IMG-20201008-010159.jpg

Final result:

IMG-20201008-010318.jpg

IMG-20201008-010348.jpg

IMG-20201008-010404.jpg

8 hours ago, toyolien said:

Looks great. I do love driving my Lunchbox. However, I really would have thought someone would have come up with a sealed diff for it by now. (unless I've missed one)

I agree looks great, I’ll be interested to know how you get on with the mods.

I have an LB to build, keep and run sometime soon hopefully. 

I genuinely don’t think there is a better.value, more versatile model than the LB. Lots of strong contenders but for me if I had to sell all my Tamiya the LB would the one to stay, 

• Like 2

Just a bit of scraping before tea, well at least that’s the worst part out the way getting rid of the pesky mould lines.

4BA423BC-FF69-4ECC-B7AF-5B35BEE8E648.md.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Today I fitted my FF-03 with a cheap expendable runner shell so that it can take part in the postal races properly attired for a "frontie".

2020-10-07_03-43-10

I have a race blob for it, but I gather that this is not within "frontie" regulations, and I don't want to give it the beans while it is wearing the rather nice Honda Civic Type R shell that it has for shelf display.

What body is that? Looks a bit Pug 106ish to me, which I would like, I just worry that would introduce Pug reliability to my FF04...

No RC for me today, preparing for  1:1 24hour race starting tomorrow. Cars as ready as it can be (it was made ready in1995 cos thats what Toyota do right?) so hopefully I manage to get some sleep tonight as i doubt I'll get much tomorrow night

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

What body is that? Looks a bit Pug 106ish to me, which I would like, I just worry that would introduce Pug reliability to my FF04...

I'm not sure what it is really - it is not sold as representing any particular fullsize car, and looking at it I can see potential design influences from a couple of different cars. The front grille looks vaguely Mitsubishi-ish for example.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

No RC for me today, preparing for  1:1 24hour race starting tomorrow. Cars as ready as it can be (it was made ready in1995 cos thats what Toyota do right?) so hopefully I manage to get some sleep tonight as i doubt I'll get much tomorrow night

Good luck! What car you driving? I'm a Toyota fan myself. ;)

Started tearing down the dampers yesterday

7A064BEB-2E41-47AE-991A-93F8D8369C93.jpg

Shock body bottom ends were a bit sticky bit came off with the help of the end caps with a hex driver through the hole. 

Unfortunately, trying to get that end cap off, I damaged a thread at the bottom of one of the bodies. Tamiya soft-nose pliers are not that soft, it seems.  

I have emailed RC4WD to see if they will sell me a replacement body as they aren't listed on the internet :(

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Started tearing down the dampers yesterday

7A064BEB-2E41-47AE-991A-93F8D8369C93.jpg

Shock body bottom ends were a bit sticky bit came off with the help of the end caps with a hex driver through the hole. 

Unfortunately, trying to get that end cap off, I damaged a thread at the bottom of one of the bodies. Tamiya soft-nose pliers are not that soft, it seems.  

I have emailed RC4WD to see if they will sell me a replacement body as they aren't listed on the internet :(

Presumably the threaded collar is behind the damaged section, will running the threaded collar over it not correct the thread?

1 hour ago, Nicadraus said:

Good luck! What car you driving? I'm a Toyota fan myself. ;)

The mighty 1995 AE111 Toyota Levin BZG. Basically stock, just roll cage (obviously), oil cooler and uprated brakes. Although it now has lights  mounted onthe bonnet (so the bonnet has speed holes when we tske them off). Will get some pics today, its dressed up light the Delorean from Back to the Future, but like a 4yo did it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DGunn1 said:

Presumably the threaded collar is behind the damaged section, will running the threaded collar over it not correct the thread?

Unfortunately, it is the thread which receives the bottom end cap rather than the upper threaded portion. Trying to put the cap on, it only manages a few turns and gets stuck. Not great for keeping oil in the damper! 

13 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

I agree looks great, I’ll be interested to know how you get on with the mods.

I have an LB to build, keep and run sometime soon hopefully. 

I genuinely don’t think there is a better.value, more versatile model than the LB. Lots of strong contenders but for me if I had to sell all my Tamiya the LB would the one to stay, 

I love my LB, but I wouldn't bother doing too much to the front end - its front wheels are always pointing to the sky! I highly recommend the GPM Racing wheelie bar (a quality bit of kit).

I'm going to investigate (again) the 5th shock mod though, those tiny bits of wire have started to give up...

• Like 1

Mounted some carbon and 3D printed bits i designed to my FF01. Rear went well. Front, not so much! Full blather on the build thread as per

20201008_080334

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, lsear2905 said:

I love my LB, but I wouldn't bother doing too much to the front end - its front wheels are always pointing to the sky! I highly recommend the GPM Racing wheelie bar (a quality bit of kit).

I'm going to investigate (again) the 5th shock mod though, those tiny bits of wire have started to give up...

I'm actually hoping that the forward-pointing stance mine now has will help alleviate its propensity to hop onto 2 wheels, we will see when I try it out. 

The GPM wheelie bar has already been ordered a while ago and it's on the way. In red of course :lol:

I chose the Ampro gearbox brace instead of the 5th shock or fishing line mod; it's probably the most elegant solution given that it's practically invisible. It's given me no trouble at all so far.

• Like 1

Just finished getting the M07 ready for the postal challenge. All it needed were a few light stickers and now it's done. Time to put the first battle scars on this baby :(

IMG-20201009-010910.jpg

Yeah... I'm not a fan of plastering "GTI" and "Titan Racing" all over the body, so I'm keeping it simple.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

The mighty 1995 AE111 Toyota Levin BZG. Basically stock, just roll cage (obviously), oil cooler and uprated brakes. Although it now has lights  mounted onthe bonnet (so the bonnet has speed holes when we tske them off). Will get some pics today, its dressed up light the Delorean from Back to the Future, but like a 4yo did it.

Oh good luck!!! I'm driving a 1998 AE111/E11 sedan. It's my baby. 

Good luck and show us pics and videos please. 😉

• Like 1

Fitted a few of the bling parts that I received the other day to my M05. Just the steering link and arms, and the servo mount. It will be short lived as I need to order the v2 motor mount and the stainless shafts to change over to the v2 chassis and arms I received, didnt want, but got ordered for me 😄

c4VsDq2.jpg

• Like 5

Took the M07 out for its first spin ever. Looks like it's pretty well sorted, and definitely able to take more power than what's in it at the moment lol. I should try putting the TZ Superstock 23-turn motor in it!

Running a 20t pinion, 7.2v NiMh, and Sport Tuned motor with HW 1060 esc:

• Like 9