Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, Ministrone said:

A853C951-7A62-4AAE-892C-1C3F31028412.jpeg

Looking good 👍🏻😃

I ordered some shiny bits for something else and another Aluminum front SRB bumper the other day. I hovered over the Aluminum rear cage like this one but didn’t buy it in the end, slightly regretting it now 🙄

• Like 1

Well today for the first time in ages i did some work on my Blitzer Beetle I stripped down the Gearbox and changed the all the plastic bushings for bearings then I changed the steering knuckles, the wheels that came with it 

3304929_pictures13102020613.thumb.JPG.e66c762902ac9de41f29431bb437f22b.JPG   

To a set of Dyna Blaster wheels that I got on an Ebay bundle with the proper blitzer Beetle rear wheels new and used plaster differential and spur gear parts 10737063_pictures13102020614.thumb.JPG.b0e4a4b996f1b6d0a39410f69968ba81.JPG 

the only problem is the new steering knuckle catches the wheel when on full lock think I might look for the Dyna Blaster knuckle and see if that will fit from what I've seen from the manuals online it has a bend where the steering rod attaches so that might bring the steering rods out of the wheel

Also just ordered more bearings and coloured wheel nuts so they all match

I'm also partway though painting a new shell for it silver to make it look similar the the metallic Blitzer Beetle just waiting for a suitable sunny day as its now October in England and cold and wet not holding out to much hope of getting that finished anytime soon  

• Like 1

Redid the eyes on for my Thunder Dragon shelfer. Looks a lot less startled/disappointed now :D

20201013_162949

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Just noticed the pen holder and flower pot behind @Ministrone, cool idea. 

My pens are nice and organised but my lunchbox oversteers like crazy. 🤪

• Haha 2

On 10/12/2020 at 6:05 PM, CoolHands said:

So in the school hall, all looking good. No grip! Useless! 15 years I’ve been waiting (can’t believe it was that long ago) and it was no good - could barely go in a straight line lol :(

A26160B0-FC04-482A-8D36-F22DEEB9F5F9.jpeg.08381f3a60e8af69109a1cc2a952b229.jpeg

Love it. In the eighties my dad used to race Tamiya f1s in the Milton Keynes shopping centre. They used foams covered in bathroom silicon sealant. 

20 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Dang you LHS has some good stuff in it @berman 👍🏻 I think I’d go broke if I lived near you.

I went shopping myself today to pick some paint for the SS body...

AE5D444B-4FDF-4B6F-A85C-F5BC141AC355.jpg

Pre painting in the head is always full of good ideas and flawless finishes, but we’ll see how we go in reality. 

Yeah he does pretty well with removing money from my account, and living on two minute noodles is severely underated 🤣

I like your choices in the dupli-colour range, interested to see what you do with it 😎 👍

I'm off work today, so after the kids had gone to school I wasted no time making a coffee and putting some Van Halen on the stereo, relaxing and fitting the steering parts I picked up yesterday to my M06 😁

JHm4xY6.jpg

UU7Nu1B.jpg

• Like 4

This is a bit of a strange one? And I didn't really know if it belongs on this thread? If it doesn't I do apologise but it kinda was what I did today! Which was that I received an email off tamico because items I had ordered looked on the face of it gone missing because the tracking from DHL suddenly stopped for well over a week at "shipment have been provided by sender to DHL"  So I sent tamico an email expressing my concerns (genuine concerns I thought) but all I received back was an email basically having a pop at me for not giving them the order number🤨 but I did give them the tracking number and obviously my email address and at the bottom of the email it just said "we have sent a complaint to DHL" so I still don't know if I'm actually getting my items I've paid for🤔.......a bit shoddy I'm thinking🤔  and I'm also thinking do I dare order from them in the future? I've ordered a few things off them and not a problem but if this is what happens when a problem arises a wide birth is probably the best way? Mind you come December 31st from what I understand its probably going to be financially unviable to order from Europe because of tariffs? 

Maybe they need the order number to know that you aren’t some kind of scammer? Ie imagine you have a friend who works for dhl or something, you could get the tracking numbers off packages, but only the real purchaser would know the order number.
Just a guess. I’m sure it’ll turn up anyway dhl are pretty good I think

• Like 1

A few things done today:

• Changed the yellow shocks to black CVA's on my thundershot
  • Lowered my thundershot by 10-15mm to compete in a tarmac race
  • Modified and swapped tubs to allow a square section LiPo to fit a thundershot
  • Went in a weight saving spree and shed 300g off my buggy
  • Rebuilt my Avante2001 front gearbox with new parts after I sheered the shock tower supports
  • Spent too long on here reading comments on the postal race thread....

• Like 1

Still working on the XV01 that I've spoilt with blue bits. I didn't get EVERYTHING for it though... unlike the non-existent M06 :lol:. I kept some steel hardware in key places where I feel blue aluminum will not take the punishment.

I'm taking my time, doing just a few steps each day. VERY enjoyable build..

IMG-20201014-010941.jpg

• Like 5

@moffman When I had the moulding issue with my M05 chassis the emails I received from Tamico were brief, almost terse and did not include any timescales. I was a bit curious as to whether the issue was going to be resolved then all of a sudden, replacement bits appeared direct from the distributor.

I think the emails are brief as English is not their first language, I expect you will get an update soon but it is never soon enough when you are waiting.

• Like 1

Threw in a cheap brushless 45A esc and 2845 (similar to 380 size motor) in this Grasshopper and had a proper rip.  Due to the non-linear nature of the esc, it's got two personalities: at 0- 25% fwd, runs like the stock Grasshopper 380 and chugs around.  Anything over that and the rear tires just rip at pavement/rocks/dirt whatever for a second before it moves out in a hurry.  Call me a sadist.. but I used a 3s 1500mah lipo for kicks :D.  No crashes to speak of, and just dirty tires to clean up after.  Super good fun!!! 

GHoppedUp2.jpg

GHoppedUp1.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Still working on the XV01 that I've spoilt with blue bits. I didn't get EVERYTHING for it though... unlike the non-existent M06 :lol:. I kept some steel hardware in key places where I feel blue aluminum will not take the punishment.

I'm taking my time, doing just a few steps each day. VERY enjoyable build..

IMG-20201014-010941.jpg

I'm using blue aluminum turnbuckles and they seem to be doing fine. 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Killajb said:

Threw in a cheap brushless 45A esc and 2845 (similar to 380 size motor) in this Grasshopper and had a proper rip.  Due to the non-linear nature of the esc, it's got two personalities: at 0- 25% fwd, runs like the stock Grasshopper 380 and chugs around.  Anything over that and the rear tires just rip at pavement/rocks/dirt whatever for a second before it moves out in a hurry.  Call me a sadist.. but I used a 3s 1500mah lipo for kicks :D.  No crashes to speak of, and just dirty tires to clean up after.  Super good fun!!! 

GHoppedUp2.jpg

GHoppedUp1.jpg

How are those shocks? Every seen black ones ? 

Those shocks?  Absolute garbage..  I was lucky to pay the minimal price for them as a co-worker picked them up at a shop in China, but they are worthless..  Shafts do not slide smoothly, tiny o-ring at the top doesn't seal at all and often pops out under any sort of pressure (see photo of front left shock, o-ring is already peeking out again). Shock oil provided was useless.  I tried to play around with different oil weights and got only slight improvement.  The rear springs seem as though they are adequate if mounted on the extended rear bracket sold optionally with some sellers.  Otherwise, a bit too stiff for a stock grasshopper with 380 motor and lipo.  These are basically "bling" at very best only a slight improvement over the stock pogo sticks.  Did I mention that I'm not fond of them by any chance..?:rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Killajb said:

Those shocks?  Absolute garbage..  I was lucky to pay the minimal price for them as a co-worker picked them up at a shop in China, but they are worthless..  Shafts do not slide smoothly, tiny o-ring at the top doesn't seal at all and often pops out under any sort of pressure (see photo of front left shock, o-ring is already peeking out again). Shock oil provided was useless.  I tried to play around with different oil weights and got only slight improvement.  The rear springs seem as though they are adequate if mounted on the extended rear bracket sold optionally with some sellers.  Otherwise, a bit too stiff for a stock grasshopper with 380 motor and lipo.  These are basically "bling" at very best only a slight improvement over the stock pogo sticks.  Did I mention that I'm not fond of them by any chance..?:rolleyes:

Lol looking for front oil for hornet but black ones 

5 hours ago, Killajb said:

GHoppedUp2.jpg

GHoppedUp1.jpg

That sounds like ridiculous fun 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

@moffman When I had the moulding issue with my M05 chassis the emails I received from Tamico were brief, almost terse and did not include any timescales. I was a bit curious as to whether the issue was going to be resolved then all of a sudden, replacement bits appeared direct from the distributor.

I think the emails are brief as English is not their first language, I expect you will get an update soon but it is never soon enough when you are waiting.

Yeah your probably right! I got that impression are they really bothered? but like you say English isn't their first language so straight to the point is probably the way they have to do it and I've never really had any problems with any couriers (other than Hermes they are just a joke!!!) 

11 hours ago, CoolHands said:

Maybe they need the order number to know that you aren’t some kind of scammer? Ie imagine you have a friend who works for dhl or something, you could get the tracking numbers off packages, but only the real purchaser would know the order number.
Just a guess. I’m sure it’ll turn up anyway dhl are pretty good I think

You have a point I never thought of there? My concerns are 99% of the time you order your items are delivered end of! It's that time when it does go wrong and some of our products we buy in this hobby are quite to very expensive so it does matter when they get forgotten about (which has also happened to me) or goes adrift but like you say they are aware now so its probably just a waiting game!

19 hours ago, Butler said:

Love it. In the eighties my dad used to race Tamiya f1s in the Milton Keynes shopping centre. They used foams covered in bathroom silicon sealant. 

Well at last it was dry outside so into the playground I excitedly went 

63194D2E-6659-4D7E-82AD-D144CB8B3FFE.jpeg.7a7e12ea2a88f669c2599a62ffd0ecda.jpeg

still no grip! I might have to silicon sealant next!

i don’t really understand it - just no grip on the rear. So doughnuts galore and pulling away have to be very gently to get going without going into a terminal spin

I did doughnuts for a while to see if it would scrub the tyres in or warm then up. It did improve a little. But not great. The tyres feel fine so not sure what’s ‘normal’ or if the tarmac is too smooth?! or something 

• Like 1

It isn’t Tamiya or even RC but I’m regarding it as practice...

Mrs BC had always wanted one of the Lemax Christmas Village scenes but balked at the price. So now I have ordered a 1:48 building kit to have a go at making one.

It should give me a little soldering practice as I intend to light it as well as some detailing and weathering to give me a push towards attempting a scale garage.

• Like 2