Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, J@mes said:

Hello & welcome! :D

Thanks! Been lurking since the summer, after I pulled all my old cars out of my parents attic. It's been fun so far, I tore down my old Traxxas Sledgehammer (and 2 Hawks) and managed to build up a Brat, Blackfoot, and the first RC I ever got running, my Frog, all of which were given to me in a big cardboard box from my older cousin back in the 90s. I don't have enough electronics (or screws) to run them all at once, and I tend to stick with one manufacturer at a time, although I think I've gone full Tamiya now. The Frog was always my favorite to drive, and the Traxxas trucks were always breaking. I broke the Tamiyas too, but no matter what happened I could always keep them going somehow. I tend to try to fix things before I buy anything new, so my cars are a combination of random aftermarket parts from my cousins, and random "other" objects that have been made into useful (perhaps inelegant) custom parts over the years. Thanks to some of the tips on this forum, I've been having a blast resurrecting and running the Brat, Frog, and Blackfoot (if you can still call it that) and I've started planning out upgrades already :blink:

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for you all!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Aerobert said:

Changed the blade in my hobby knife. Then cut accidently my thumb. End of RC for today.:rolleyes::angry:

Ouch. Been there starred in the video, ended up in A&E:angry:

Ordered some extra olive drab paint to complete the Sheridan.

Click to enlarge

Oops wrong button. Try again

Overlander Sport 11.1V 5000mAh 35C LiPo Pack with EC3 0002577EC3

OOps I pressed this one twice. Maybe third time lucky

Logic RC Charge Lead - 4mm Gold to EC3 O-LGL-CLEC3

Ill get the hang of this online buying in a minute

Tamiya TS-5 Olive Drab Acrylic Spray 85005

AHHH there it is.

Does that mean I've bought all the other things:P

Can't wait for the postman, hope the wifes out though or winter nights in the shed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

3 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Finally finished the BTCC 2000 Mondeo i have bern working on. 

20201016_175049

20201016_175039

Is that the L and L models one? Been looking at that as the 90s one still out of stock. Looks great

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Ouch. Been there starred in the video, ended up in A&E:angry:

Luckily not that bad, an about 1 cm long and deep, but clean cut into the tip of the thumb. Was bleeding a lot but some plasters have done their job.

53 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Is that the L and L models one? Been looking at that as the 90s one still out of stock. Looks great

Yes it is. As usual with L and L the decals are fantastically detailed but not solid colour enough so the larger stickers are see through. Nice thing though, and fits my TB03 and FF03 really well

• Like 1

Spent two hours freezing to death in arctic cold winds trying to set fastest laps around @TurnipJF latest 'anti-buggy' postal racing circuit design..... in a buggy.....:D:ph34r:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Busdriver said:

Ordered some extra olive drab paint to complete the Sheridan.

Click to enlarge

Oops wrong button. Try again

Overlander Sport 11.1V 5000mAh 35C LiPo Pack with EC3 0002577EC3

OOps I pressed this one twice. Maybe third time lucky

Logic RC Charge Lead - 4mm Gold to EC3 O-LGL-CLEC3

Ill get the hang of this online buying in a minute

Tamiya TS-5 Olive Drab Acrylic Spray 85005

AHHH there it is.

Does that mean I've bought all the other things:P

Can't wait for the postman, hope the wifes out though or winter nights in the shed.

What a bonus just found out that I saved the cost of the postage on the paints by buying a few other things🤗

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

What a bonus just found out that I saved the cost of the postage on the paints by buying a few other things🤗

How can your wife complain about a saving like that 😁

• Haha 3

Bit more work on the M07

BAC88E98-B1CC-460B-BE65-88F79989090E.jpg

This progress with some motorsport channel on in the background showing the Monte Carlo historic rally from a few years ago. 
pretty cool stuff, suffice to say the wish list crew a little bit, a few m-chassis bodies in there!

• Like 6

Took one of my Javelins out, together with my little man. 

Said child managed to crash the Javelin and broke a front hub.

• Sad 3

7 hours ago, Mrowka said:

Took one of my Javelins out, together with my little man. 

Said child managed to crash the Javelin and broke a front hub.

Does he want you to fix it so you can go out again?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jupitertwo said:

Does he want you to fix it so you can go out again?

Of course.

• Like 2

Grabbed some time with my trail rig build today.

Got my rebuilt rear shocks on and temporary front dampers on.

Reinstalled the dashboard and centre console. Having the console in will help me plan out panelling the rear. Removed the spare rear wheel as it is out of scale with the Rock Beasts.

Sorted out the panhard link binding on the servo horn by removing a spacer.

Planned out where some of the wires and the on / off switch are going to go.

It looks no different 

DSC_0128.jpg

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Grabbed some time with my trail rig build today.

Got my rebuilt rear shocks on and temporary front dampers on.

Reinstalled the dashboard and centre console. Having the console in will help me plan out panelling the rear. Removed the spare rear wheel as it is out of scale with the Rock Beasts.

Sorted out the panhard link binding on the servo horn by removing a spacer.

Planned out where some of the wires and the on / off switch are going to go.

It looks no different 

DSC_0128.jpg

Looks good. Liking the wheels and tyres.

Woodland trail walk, took the electronic dogs with us:

9F014EBA-915B-4DE5-A4F8-13346543C071.jpg

CC02, CC01 then a GS02.

Kids were quite rough with the CC01 and GS02, so we’re a wing mirror down and the YR steering set in the CC01 is awry. CC02 was doing well until the GS02 got frisky; magnetic mounts suffered a bit, but the effect of the shell coming off certainly got their attention to be a bit calmer.

Hosed down this evening and we’re all clean. Just need to get the dryer on them.

Fun, one of these days I’ll actually get to drive them, rather than kids who say no when I’m prepping them, but yes when they come out of the car at the woods :D

• Like 7

Gave the Avante2001 & Vanquish buggies a chance to redeem themselves in the postal race round 3 challenge, they both failed dismally, even driving on flat grass with no obstacles around for miles they both still managed to crash, roll, break, overheat and get thoroughly annihilated by my youngest daughter in her base model thundershot with a silver can..... they are seriously trying my patience!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, mman2005 said:

Looks good. Liking the wheels and tyres.

Thanks, took me a while to get to this combo but I'm pleased with it. Just need to get it running now. 

1 hour ago, jupitertwo said:

Woodland trail walk, took the electronic dogs with us....

Fun, one of these days I’ll actually get to drive them, rather than kids who say no when I’m prepping them, but yes when they come out of the car at the woods :D

Hey, my kidlet insists on "helping" me fix my copters and buggies.

I made another kit purchase today, even though I really don't have space at home any more. 

Sorry no pics this time, but I can disclose that the kit comes with a "smaller" Merc G class body - albeit one I won't ultimately be using. I have other plans ;)

Let's say I want the XV01 to have a little brother to play with...

I'd like to extend my appreciation to everyone who posts on this thread. It's really awesome knowing what everyone is doing!

• Like 3

Only time for a little more M07 progress , what with movie night for the kids. Pets United on Netflix. Never watch this. Painful. 

8CBD5E8F-8748-43DB-8FF3-7742ACFCB426.jpg
my hands lingered over the torque tuned I had picked out, and rested on this extronix sensorless. It was my first brushless that I put in my Egress re re,  up I never liked it. Perhaps the M07 will suit it?

• Like 3

OK so I did end up doing something tonight... couldn't help myself lol.

Worked on the M08. Installed alloy rear hubs because I couldn't stand the look of having plastic ones in the back and alloy c-hubs in the front:

IMG-20201018-005803.jpg

I also replaced the steering bridge with the Tamiya alloy item instead; still very disappointed in the amount of slop it still has, but perhaps my perception is skewed after having seen the perfection that is the TB04R rack.

IMG-20201018-015104.jpg

Lastly, some gratuitous M- chassis undergarments for those who like it (me included!):

IMG-20201018-012137.jpg

Edit: Sorry for the relatively poor quality of photos... I really need to change my phone lol.

Edited by DeadMeat666
  • Like 8

Just finished up my FF03. Running 3s shorty pack, 27 turn brushed (for now)

IMG_20201017_152542610_HDR_compress38.jpg

IMG_20201017_152428275_HDR_compress95.jpg

IMG_20201017_152334114_compress71.jpg

• Like 12