Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, berman said:

This is quite common on short course trucks, you can line it with tape or adjust the suspension to suit. The bodies get a beating, let it eat 😎 

Good tip 😊 

I used my pinion puller which was great, pinion removed without to much fuss 💥

Pretty sure I have another motor to relieve a pinion of as well, well worth the £6.50 it cost.

I fitted the completely pointless FRP battery door to my Konghead too, it was only £15 but what value it holds and why it even exists is totally beyond me 😂

Also put the recently bought M06 up for sale, another completely pointless purchase TBH, I won’t get near it this year and next year we have a house move and loft conversion on the ‘To Do’ list 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

Helped my middle daughter complete here Egress shell and wing (shown displayed on my Avante2001 chassis as she has not started her chassis yet)

shell_complete (2).jpg

shell_complete (3).jpg

• Like 16

First day of a half term holiday in Weymouth. Popped into one of the best toy shops I've seen for years - Howleys in Weymouth town centre.

They had 3 Tamiya kits on display. Comical Hornet and Grasshopper as well as a Super Storm Dragon.

All quite high priced compared to other places though. Conicals were at £165, Dragon was £145.

Still quite tempted to pick one up though. As I forgot to bring anything to do once the kids are in bed. Mind you, I have no tools with me so wouldn't get very far with building anything!

• Like 1

Took the TA04 racing but wet weather screwed up my ecu in the touring car!

D11F5402-5CBF-4C7A-A962-94A1DB29C293.jpeg.da7eda3030828cd0cde1986a73745c5f.jpeg

when it dried up a bit later, my only option was to break out the Tyrrell & join the F1 guys!

C4072410-6C5C-463F-8757-B241DF80114F.jpeg.03d2f91a139db8835e68833a51d837e0.jpeg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, mud4fun said:

Helped my middle daughter complete here Egress shell and wing (shown displayed on my Avante2001 chassis as she has not started her chassis yet)

shell_complete (2).jpg

shell_complete (3).jpg

Looking good!! I'm a big fan of bright colors, especially in such situations: I think it looks so much better than box art Egress.

Your purple Avante also looks great btw👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ferruz said:

Looking good!! I'm a big fan of bright colors, especially in such situations: I think it looks so much better than box art Egress.

Your purple Avante also looks great btw👍

52 minutes ago, CoolHands said:

Agree that egress looks brilliant

Thank you Guys, the colours were entirely the choice of my 16yr old daughter, she has always liked the bright yellow/line green colours and has decided that this will be her 'race' colour scheme. She is looking forward to getting her Egress rebuilt so she can race my Avante2001 with it. She is also going to get a cheap repro shell for her Thundershot and will do that in the same paint scheme too along with fitting a Schumacher wing.

1 hour ago, mud4fun said:

Thank you Guys, the colours were entirely the choice of my 16yr old daughter, she has always liked the bright yellow/line green colours and has decided that this will be her 'race' colour scheme. She is looking forward to getting her Egress rebuilt so she can race my Avante2001 with it. She is also going to get a cheap repro shell for her Thundershot and will do that in the same paint scheme too along with fitting a Schumacher wing.

Find a local club and get her along!

• Like 1

Added a small shelf to store a few of my newest builds (and to allow for some future additions:lol:)

ParkingWest.jpg

• Like 8

The bRat surgery was a total success, it drives better than ever before!

However... I got the urge to drive the Grasshopper again (for the first time in 20 years), which meant stealing the servos, Rx, and battery box from the bRat. I was really torn, because obviously I just got the bRat running decently, but after driving the GH it was totally worth it! I forgot what a fun car this is, I had a smile on my face the whole time :D

The chassis hasn't been restored yet, just tightened up (and that's not my paintjob on the body, although I did glue one of the lights back on). The spur gear is missing a tooth, which doesn't seem to affect how it runs, it just makes a loud clicking sound as it goes around. Also, the MSC plate was broken so I fabbed up a replacement, which worked perfectly the whole run. It's much faster than I remember (maybe the mechanic is doing a better job these days?), can't wait to try it on a full battery!

1strun_102520.jpg

• Like 3

Visit to Bovington Tank Museum. Looked up whilst having a coffee and saw this across the hall...

wl8i5w36dY91PqcpXGm_txP2QEKPHFS7V-5tCC4a

• Like 7

On 10/25/2020 at 1:06 AM, Ferruz said:

You did a great job, your Herbie is beautiful!! 😀👍

Thanks very much!

On 10/25/2020 at 1:06 AM, Ferruz said:

I'm just gonna go ahead and ask this... will you cut those body posts?? 😄

I dunno, they don't really both me so much. Plus, I haven't found a particularly clean way to cut them. I bought a tube cutter as used by others here but it just seemed to squeeze the tube, not cut it, so after a huge amount of effort it had just forced all the material into the centre rather than cutting it clean. All I ended up with was an ugly cut body post and a blistered thumb!

Maybe I got a blunt one, but it seemed like a waste of effort and a poor result

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Peter_B said:

Visit to Bovington Tank Museum. Looked up whilst having a coffee and saw this across the hall...

wl8i5w36dY91PqcpXGm_txP2QEKPHFS7V-5tCC4a

Ahhh, Bovington Tank Museum, memories of wet days on family camping holidays...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Killajb said:

Added a small shelf to store a few of my newest builds (and to allow for some future additions:lol:)

ParkingWest.jpg

The (anodised aluminium??) blue looks great on the Bug, as do the rims :)

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

I bought a tube cutter as used by others here but it just seemed to squeeze the tube, not cut it, so after a huge amount of effort it had just forced all the material into the centre rather than cutting it clean. All I ended up with was an ugly cut body post and a blistered thumb!

Maybe I got a blunt one, but it seemed like a waste of effort and a poor result

Strange. I bought a pipe cutter for the very same purpose, and it works a charm. Are you sure you got the right tool?

This is what I got (for reference):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-duty-Screw-Feed-Tubing-Cutter-4-28mm-PVC-Stainless-Steel-Tube-Cutter-Tool/333131861498?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

58 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Strange. I bought a pipe cutter for the very same purpose, and it works a charm. Are you sure you got the right tool?

This is what I got (for reference):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-duty-Screw-Feed-Tubing-Cutter-4-28mm-PVC-Stainless-Steel-Tube-Cutter-Tool/333131861498?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

You need to spin it round the pipe. Half a turn on the knurled knob after each turn. You get a perfect flat end . You may be turning it down too much?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

You need to spin it round the pipe. Half a turn on the knurled knob after each turn. You get a perfect flat end . You may be turning it down too much?

Maybe, I'll get another one at some point and give it another go. It's not that big of a deal, body posts don't bother me too much! 

1 hour ago, Juhunio said:

Maybe, I'll get another one at some point and give it another go. It's not that big of a deal, body posts don't bother me too much! 

Please give it another go. Body posts may not bother you much, but they bother us a lot! :lol::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I sold my eb48.3 and now I'm thinking about what new Tamiya model to give me as a present.

I am very excited...

• Like 1