Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Please give it another go. Body posts may not bother you much, but they bother us a lot! :lol::lol:

I never cut body posts🙂 quite like them

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Please give it another go. Body posts may not bother you much, but they bother us a lot! :lol::lol:

Who’s “us”?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, svenb said:

I never cut body posts🙂 quite like them

👍👍

5 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Who’s “us”?

Well, @Ferruz and myself for starters, and I'm sure there are more that would come forward if they have the courage :D

It's all good fun honestly, of course you will do what you please, they are yours after all lol.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Well, @Ferruz and myself for starters, and I'm sure there are more that would come forward if they have the courage :D

It's all good fun honestly, of course you will do what you please, they are yours after all lol.

Nah the body posts are all part of the look.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Body post hating is not a laughing matter. 

Body posts have feelings and don't like to cut down needlessly 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Wetman said:

Nah the body posts are all part of the look.

Don't get me wrong @Wetman, I'm all for the 'body post' look; all my cars have them. I prefer to leave the magnets to the drifters and crawlers. What I don't particularly find attractive is the 'bed post' look, a.k.a. when the body posts are so high they tower over the roof of the body :lol:

Again, to each their own. This is just my 2 cents' worth, no more no less.

• Like 2

On 10/14/2020 at 5:43 AM, Nicadraus said:

I'm using blue aluminum turnbuckles and they seem to be doing fine. 😉

This is still haunting me... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

I tidied up the work area to finish the bodywork of my mountain rider (in the Builds section)

0C9F984C-FB79-470E-8F4F-FDD0276D9511.jpeg.3d2f9343efc53abb238ad8e8e9f36c5e.jpeg

BDC79F63-4140-43D6-9510-2E1ACFCD73AB.jpeg.57d8160c8ac7a04d449d6b2a70955464.jpeg

• Like 9

Wooho, seems like the body posts thing is a touchy topic :D

I had that feeling, and that's exactly why I kept biting my tongue every time @svenb posted a new creation: those gorgeous touring cars presented so nicely all together, so beautiful, making me drool and clap my hands at such skill... then I look closer and they all have body posts so high you could climb them to the heavens... an unsettling feeling begins to surface! But then an inner voice saying "Don't ask" makes me move on...

For my own peace of mind, I developed the theory that svenb leaves the body posts like that to differentiate his cars from static models...Car saying something like "look at me! I'm as detailed as a static thing but I am actually RC! These endless body posts prove it!" :lol:

In @Juhunio's case there was only one car, maybe that's why this time I finally summoned up the courage to ask :ph34r:

I gotta say, I'm 100% with @DeadMeat666 on this one: everybody does what they want, of course!! These are just harmless comments, and your cars would look amazing even if you used chewing gum to stick those bodies to the chassis.

But it's nice to hear all opinions on the forum, even different ones...

...and this is why I say....

cut-cut-CUT to proper lenght!! 👹😈👹:D

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

Wooho, seems like the body posts thing is a touchy topic :D

I had that feeling, and that's exactly why I kept biting my tongue every time @svenb posted a new creation: those gorgeous touring cars presented so nicely all together, so beautiful, making me drool and clap my hands at such skill... then I look closer and they all have body posts so high you could climb them to the heavens... an unsettling feeling begins to surface! But then an inner voice saying "Don't ask" makes me move on...

For my own peace of mind, I developed the theory that svenb leaves the body posts like that to differentiate his cars from static models...Car saying something like "look at me! I'm as detailed as a static thing but I am actually RC! These endless body posts prove it!" :lol:

In @Juhunio's case there was only one car, maybe that's why this time I finally summoned up the courage to ask :ph34r:

I gotta say, I'm 100% with @DeadMeat666 on this one: everybody does what they want, of course!! These are just harmless comments, and your cars would look amazing even if you used chewing gum to stick those bodies to the chassis.

But it's nice to hear all opinions on the forum, even different ones...

Well said sir

I like body posts sticking out for a few reasons, firstly sometimes I like to swap and change bodies to different chassis's and buying multiple sets of posts is a pain. 

But and it's a "touchy subject" these RC cars are toys! So I'm not bothered about bits of black plastic sticking up out the bonnet/hood. 

Plus I have a OCD🙄

😂

And quite right @Ferruzall harmless comments👍

IMG_20191007_215026.jpg

• Like 8

I agree with @Ferruz and @DeadMeat666, I can't stand body posts sticking too far out of my RCs - my rule of thumb is to chop them 2 holes above the holes I'm using, then smooth them off nicely with a dremel (I hate that "cut with plyers" look). That said, enjoy your cars however you want - run them, shelve them, use MSCs that burn your hand - we are just grown men playing with toy cars here.

@Wetman funny you just posted a picture of that Hilux body, given I just sold mine on the weekend! It looks good, I can't wait to see the finished product.

• Like 2

I've been waiting forever for a few parts for a Blitzer Beetle so I took a break from waiting. I decided to work on another driver for a Kyosho Scorpion I've been working on. I only have a few Tamiya drivers left and I found a vintage late '80s? Traxxas (The Cat) driver. It's quite a clone of Tamiya's Super Shot driver(?) but it's a terrible copy where parts of driver's helmet has an asymmetrical look and the plastic material isn't really nice. Almost brittle so I had to be careful. And then the Scorpion. After working on it, I think it's one of my favorites. What a nice kit to work on because of the parts and it's just a simple 2WD so I can chill. You know how after some builds you're ready to move on to the next? I think this one I can keep building more. I apologize for the barrage of images.

MechanicAfterHours-1030198.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1030037.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1030049.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1030117.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1030181-2b.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1030276.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1030300.jpg

• Like 16

10 hours ago, Wetman said:

Got the chassis built body cut and masked for the bruiser jnr

Before masking. 

IMG_20201025_201312.jpg

I think yours is the first one ever seen on here. I was being to think no one liked them. It'll be great to see the finished article 👍🏻

• Like 2

I should really have a go adding a visor to a drivers head one day, it really makes a big difference in that they don’t look so much like an 80’s Lego space man’s helmet  @Mechanic AH What do you use?
Nice work by the way mate. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

I think yours is the first one ever seen on here. I was being to think no one liked them. It'll be great to see the finished article 👍🏻

6 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

I`ve seen one or two kicking about on the monster/4x4 forum, but not that many. I don`t think mines going box art, more looking at a deep red and chrome bits to look more like the road version

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wetman said:

I`ve seen one or two kicking about on the monster/4x4 forum, but not that many. I don`t think mines going box art, more looking at a deep red and chrome bits to look more like the road version

That would be why then, I’m flat out trying to keep up with this thread and ‘What the Postman brought me’ thread that I hardly get into other sections, especially now ‘Postal racing’ has come along that’s the best part of my day gone....

Deep red and Chrome is a great combo👍🏻

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

That would be why then, I’m flat out trying to keep up with this thread and ‘What the Postman brought me’ thread that I hardly get into other sections, especially now ‘Postal racing’ has come along that’s the best part of my day gone....

Deep red and Chrome is a great combo👍🏻

To be honest I looked on Toyota`s website yesterday and theres not much choice of colour for the 1.1 version, red, white, grey, black and blue I think were the 5 choices so some form of red it is then. Possibly ps15 metallic backed with gun metal to get it a deeper colour but we`ll see how it pans out. Need weather to behave itself first thought

• Like 1

10 hours ago, svenb said:

Body post hating is not a laughing matter. 

Body posts have feelings and don't like to cut down needlessly 

Ewww.. dirty body post huggers!

I bet you and your friends all hold hands around body posts and chant/hum songs 😋😆 (sarcasm)

• Haha 7

9 hours ago, Ferruz said:

... leaves the body posts like that to differentiate his cars from static models...Car saying something like "look at me! I'm as detailed as a static thing but I am actually RC! These endless body posts prove it!" :lol:

100% this. In fact I typed pretty much these words last night but then got into cooking dinner and (re)watching The Sopranos (Mrs J has never seen it! The joy!) so forgot to post (ha!) it. I like that point of differentiation, and the smooth rounded finish of the fresh uncut posts.

9 hours ago, Ferruz said:

I've loved the couple of kits where the body posts seem to be more specifically manufactured for the body shell (eg the 934 RSR TA-02SW) and are shorter out of the box, with the nice clean rounded finish. Where this all began is me saying I haven't found a tool that can replicate a finish that good, I've tried the (Rolson) mini tube cutter and thought it was complete pony. I'd rather leave them than ruin them

3 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

my rule of thumb is to chop them 2 holes above the holes I'm using, then smooth them off nicely with a dremel (I hate that "cut with plyers" look).

I'd be up for giving that a go. Presumably you're chopping with a knife, so which Dremel attachment have you found works well for the smoothing and rounding? 

1 hour ago, berman said:

Ewww.. dirty body post huggers!

I bet you and your friends all hold hands around body posts and chant/hum songs 😋😆 (sarcasm)

I haven't tied myself to a body post in protest yet, but it's only a matter of time :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mechanic AH said:

MechanicAfterHours-1030049.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1030181-2b.jpg

I am genuinely in awe of your work, it's amazing. I can only dream of being able to keep my hands that steady. Hats (helmets?) off to you, sir!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

More XV-01

Out with the new...

IMG-20201028-013646.jpg

And in with the blue! (and titanium coated suspension shafts because why not)

IMG-20201028-001412.jpg

IMG-20201028-005652.jpg

IMG-20201028-005707.jpg

IMG-20201028-014010.jpg

I had nothing to do with this. I blame @Nicadraus entirely :lol:

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Tried to scrub off an annoying day at work by spinning some vintage monster tires.

It worked.

20201027-191548.jpg

• Like 10

18 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

I should really have a go adding a visor to a drivers head one day, it really makes a big difference in that they don’t look so much like an 80’s Lego space man’s helmet  @Mechanic AH What do you use?
Nice work by the way mate. 

Thanks @Re-Bugged. I just use plastic from water bottles.

16 hours ago, Juhunio said:

I am genuinely in awe of your work, it's amazing. I can only dream of being able to keep my hands that steady. Hats (helmets?) off to you, sir!

Thanks @Juhunio. To be honest, I probably take longer than I should because I don't have the steadiest hands and sometimes get hand tremors. It can get frustrating but I just take my time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1