Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, Mechanic AH said:

How'd you even score a Tomahawk. Nice job!

Saw that sucker staring at me on the shelf of the LHS, grabbed it and threw my credit card at the payment counter as fast as I could. Then ran out of there like I found the last donut on a vacation cruise:lol:

• Haha 8

23 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

So you'll need another M08 for an Alpine body then when they come round again??

Was tempted by a local M02 that has the 239mm extension... 

It's dangerous how Tamiya make so many nice bodies for the M chassis :ph34r:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, berman said:

Was tempted by a local M02 that has the 239mm extension... 

It's dangerous how Tamiya make so many nice bodies for the M chassis :ph34r:

Was that the one that popped up on FB marketplace with purple alloy shocks? 

Just now, Jonathon Gillham said:

Was that the one that popped up on FB marketplace with purple alloy shocks? 

Yeah can't remember the shocks, had the stabilisers though, Hamilton right?

• Like 1

Just now, berman said:

Yeah can't remember the shocks, had the stabilisers though, Hamilton right?

I think that's the one. Its funny, I'm not really interested in m chassis but noticed the hopups on that one and thought it looked like a decent buy. Its because everyone on here seems to be talking about them lately

3 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I think that's the one. Its funny, I'm not really interested in m chassis but noticed the hopups on that one and thought it looked like a decent buy. Its because everyone on here seems to be talking about them lately

Yeah it seemed ok, I didn't see a price. With bodies you are limited with the 239mm wheelbase though. 

It wouldn't be for you. If you are going to get into it, with your penchant for racing, get the M07 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, berman said:

Yeah it seemed ok, I didn't see a price. With bodies you are limited with the 239mm wheelbase though. 

It wouldn't be for you. If you are going to get into it, with your penchant for racing, get the M07 🙂

I have the FF04 for my frontie. I'm not sure if the M07 is legal for any class other than touring car, it didn't used to be legal for m chassis when it first came out. I could check the indoor club rules I guess...

Bodies are also my next big expense, I need 3 of them and thats not counting any for the shelf, just race shells. Going to be pricey

• Like 1

It's been a week since I last held an RC. Today I finished the front and rear metal bumper custom installation and added rear fog lamps too.

bWk2G7dh.jpg

kctnJdoh.jpg

rJeNKe4h.jpg

Dwa4uuwh.jpg

jzdqzoUh.jpg

FDJHDlJh.jpg

65b4K5Hh.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Dakratfink said:

Did you have to install any extended Arms or spacers? Or are they direct bolt on ? 

My arms etc are standard these wheels bolt straight on. But are only available direct from Jap / Taiwan etc sellers it seems, not uk/europe 

Started painting the body for my M07R. Still lots to do including decals, panel lines and lights etc...

20201101_143251.jpg

• Like 7

September and October were rather expensive months especially as I ended up buying the Losi Baja Rey Raptor and some lipos. Not in the financial plan😳.

So decided to spend November and December finishing/adapting projects that have already begun. A while back I did a body build of a ChiPs Jeep Wrangler with a CJ bonnet and grill conversion. It was a fun building project but I never got much out of driving it. The CC01 chassis is I think best suited to trail running, not crawling as many people try to make them do; and that includes me by the way, so the idea of a California Highway Patrol vehicle just didn’t work in Croxley woods in wet and windy Hertfordshire. One of my main issues was the roof, never liked them in real life just made it top heavy. So off it came. I then spent a couple of days including today, an unexpected day off, working on it. Here is the result.

41F2163F-AEA0-44CB-A2E4-37ABD3614EC1.jpeg.55c2b7a62476c29874f3ebc6e2eff9e4.jpegCF9664F9-548A-435D-82A5-C3837C3724E8.jpeg.432bdfecdd1d2602cc2bce752ee369de.jpeg7A99B274-04B4-4729-B811-C7E96C2F3B4B.jpeg.5f2e547e81fd193f8d67624fe11e1ca6.jpeg

I have a set of cheap racing seats coming from Modelsport which I will only use the backs as there is no way of doing a full interior with the CC01 due to its layout. The seats were cheaper than the postage!!!! I have also ordered a roll cage off Shapeways. It’s designed to fit inside the hard top of the China 2 dr jeep body which means the it’s just the right width for the Tamiya body, which seems to be about 1cm narrower than the China one. Have to wait a little for it but hopefully here mid November. I have plenty of other stalled projects to keep me busy in the meantime.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, toyolien said:

Started painting the body for my M07R. Still lots to do including decals, panel lines and lights etc...

20201101_143251.jpg

And the award for most unlikely body on an M07R goes to...

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, toyolien said:

20201101_143251.jpg

Looks great so far!

Today I have had my pants well and truly pulled down by borris and his mates, £31 purchase from rc Mart, was charged £12.75 import duty! 

• Sad 1

Another bit of tinkering and Herbies ready to roll again.28A46A45-89F2-42FC-B6BD-6FB3E1FBC126.jpeg.39a011cdbd6aa97c2043758a3d5ce34e.jpeg30004556-EB51-46F7-8476-50BE41C5D68E.jpeg.485b78eb1be4a4037441a7173b4fb544.jpeg

looks like he’s been eating his weetabix!!!!

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, catman79 said:

Today I have had my pants well and truly pulled down by borris and his mates, £31 purchase from rc Mart, was charged £12.75 import duty! 

Bit harsh that!? 

Been paying import duty for many many years mate its not just Boris

Got the Hilux painted. Couple bits of bleed but I think the vinyls will cover them other than that we'll happy with it. Just lights etc to fit now then look at perhaps a few delicate mods

IMG_20201102_183134.jpg

IMG_20201102_183334.jpg

IMG_20201102_183255.jpg

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, svenb said:

Bit harsh that!? 

Been paying import duty for many many years mate its not just Boris

Yeah I know, I normally escape it with tc mart, just takes the ******* a little I think 

6 minutes ago, catman79 said:

Yeah I know, I normally escape it with tc mart, just takes the ******* a little I think 

I didn’t think you paid duty below a certain amount, just VAT?

Took a couple runs for the Postal racing yesterday. In the first one I got a bit acquainted to the new track, while during the second it started pouring so it quickly turned into a drifting feast under the rain... tons of fun, but defo no results.

The weather forecast was hopeless for a few days to come, but this morning against all odds I woke up with the sunshine so I quickly set off for an extra attempt before snow, wind (and work, lol) came to put a halt to it.

Scored a new PB which feels a bit better than yesterday. Happy with the good times had and with how the car behaved on the track, but the best feeling is that of having "fooled" the weathers :D snowflakes were falling during my run and the wind started moving my marker cones shortly after I was done, but I managed to get it done haha.

Competition turned into a freeride in a matter of a few minutes of rain yesterday :)

20201101-193821.gif

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

If the value including postage costs is less than £15 it's duty/vat free. 

I think 🤔 if its below £35 and marked as a gift it also passes through without a charge. 

Obviously EU countries at the moment are zero charge. 

Japanese sellers always mark the value on the box, I've a value written on one recently in GB pounds just to help the customs fellas🙄

1 hour ago, Busdriver said:

I think your right, there’s vat and I think it was also an £8 handling charge ! 

While waiting for some Blitzer Beetle parts I decided to finish building the Kyosho Scorpion instead. I wanted to customize this build a bit and so I kept a spare shell, set aside the chrome wheels, etc. I only had one problem and I need to get a replacement part—one of the front shaft arm blocks had slightly stripped threads even before I set a screw in it, unfortunately. This kit was a real delight, like one of the chillest kits I think to build.

Here are some pics of the finished work. It's intentionally low hence the negative camber, just for show and character but when I run it I'll set it slightly back up.

I also put a time lapse build video (youtube link) if you want to see more of it.

MechanicAfterHours-1030475b.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1030421.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1030453.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1030409.jpg

• Like 25