Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 11/12/2020 at 11:34 AM, lsear2905 said:

The lights will have to wait - A few days after I ordered the light bar I was contacted by the seller saying they were out of stock, then after a week or so of mucking around I've bought one from another seller.

I received this yesterday:

"Really sorry to disturb that we cannot dispatch the item on time.
Affected by COVID-19, flights have been greatly reduced, and customs inspections have become stricter than before, as this regards, we do not want to let you wait so long and bring any bad shopping experience to you.
To save your time and help you solve the problem soon, please kindly help us confirm the cancellation and check if you have received the refund or not as we have refunded to the original account.
Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
Thanks for you understanding and communication.

Best regards
Customer service"

Which is weird, because the previous seller (with a different eBay username) sent me this when they cancelled:

"Really sorry to disturb that we cannot dispatch the item on time.
Affected by COVID-19, flights have been greatly reduced, and customs inspections have become stricter than before, as this regards, we do not want to let you wait so long and bring any bad shopping experience to you.
To save your time and help you solve the problem soon, please kindly help us confirm the cancellation and check if you have received the refund or not as we have refunded to the original account.
Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
Thanks for you understanding and communication.

Best regards
Customer service"

It's almost as if they are the same seller. Oh well, the ability to give negative feedback exists for a reason.

Wrapped and packed my sold M-06 for @Busdriver 👍

Will be sent out for delivery in early December as requested 😉

Photographed the NIB Lunchbox which I have for sale in the TC trades section.

Sitting on the fence with the Honda City Turbo can’t quite make my mind on this one.

Activated the eBay sell for a £1 offer as I may stick the Wild One on it tomorrow.

26 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

Wrapped and packed my sold M-06 for @Busdriver

Plans have changed send as soon as you wish. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finished the stickering on my Gulf Racing 934 RSR, and painted and fitted the mirrors and wing

spacer.png

The wing didn't turn out quite as tidily as I would have liked, but I'll take it :)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just got to build a chassis for it now...:ph34r:

spacer.png

I. Am. VERY. VERY. Excited!

• Like 10

Turned out to be a painting day.

IMG_2237.JPG.fb0a95452b8c59f74c2e5c5e8339786f.JPGIMG_2238.JPG.3d0fef07b31995c18d3c2bcc6b10b105.JPG

I love it when you peel off the overspray film and masks to reveal how well you've done!!

!IMG_2239.JPG.dc586fb9ed884df0dc0ba4712527e658.JPGIMG_2240.JPG.ee6c7a33ea4342d6c7864b0ed1645794.JPGIMG_2241.JPG.25436e691698f0b4ab65d212cca11cdd.JPGIMG_2243.JPG.bce737cebc9c20874783997d3a55f67c.JPGIMG_2244.JPG.173534ec40dbc75dbd3dac8c2446c629.JPG

Not bad at all. A liitle biy of bleed on the trike but soon cleaned off with some revell paint cleaner. Stickers next:(

IMG_2242.JPG

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

IMG_2237.JPG.fb0a95452b8c59f74c2e5c5e8339786f.JPGIMG_2238.JPG.3d0fef07b31995c18d3c2bcc6b10b105.JPG

I love it when you peel off the overspray film and masks to reveal how well you've done!!

3 minutes ago, Juhunio said:
11 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Dunno what happened with previous post, couldn’t comment on the quote...

Anyways...I completely agree with that. It’s amazing how much the overspray film deadens the paint colour. Plus it has all that....overspray on it 😂

When you peel it off and all those messy bits disappear, and the colours zing! into life....it’s a great feeling 😃

Look how much dirt / grit accumulated in the rear diff area after 2 wet days at the (tarmac) track! It’s like I’ve been at the beach - had to completely strip down and clean & re-grease ball diff etc

FC919488-AD9E-4664-BD98-6B930BF8E515.thumb.jpeg.230ac1a282a985d370285dd31c093616.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Distinct lack of RC activity in my house recently as we have been distracted again by my old Lego.

DSC_0191.jpg

Definitely a harder build than the JCB, I've had to step in a bit more on this one but el kid has loved it! Given the way he has got into the gears and suspension, I am thinking about getting him his own crawler to build next summer. Probably an SCX10.2 clone.

My only RC activity has been to discover that the RC4WD King shocks I rebuilt recently are leaking. I had been warned by quite a few people that they would!  Only a tiny bit bit a bit nonetheless. I will have to dig out the rebuild kit I bought ages ago, refresh the o-rings and plastic internals and re- fill. A shame as the back ones were fine after I rebuilt them, I guess the front takes more wear.

• Like 4

What Kit is that @Badcrumble? It’s very reminiscent of the old car chassis I had with the 3 gears, engine etc that was basically a Beetle chassis. But yours has working front suspension.

It is model 8865 @Re-Bugged, it has a V4 engine, 3 gears, front and rear suspension, steering rack, adjustable seats (!) and pop-up headlights! It dates back to 1988.
http://www.technicopedia.com/8865.html

There is an alternate build too - a Jeep which can be motorised. I have the motor but haven’t tested it yet to see if it still works.

It might be the successor to yours.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

It might be the successor to yours.

Most definitely is with that fancy front suspension (& a V4 instead of Flat 4) I spent endless hours trying to come up with a front suspension design for mine, but to no avail sadly as I was going to sell the idea to Lego if I could make it work and then I would have been set for life.

88’ would have been a few years after I got mine. 

Curiosity struck earlier this evening... I wanted to give the "crawl" mode on my new ESC a fair test, so I made a simple crawler course up and over the couch in my basement. Gave the Blackfoot a good workout!

Started my "everything but the kitchen sink" M06 build. Jump on to the following thread and let me know if you'd be interested in a build thread: 

8 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Distinct lack of RC activity in my house recently as we have been distracted again by my old Lego.

DSC_0191.jpg

Lego Wild One! 😄

Cut out the ND MX5 body for my M08.

Was going to go with the "I will just paint it with whatever colour I have got at home"

Got home...

PS1 White

PS5 Black

PS3 Light Blue 

*sigh* 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

The rest of my PS range is used cans.

Even though the roof will be black/flat clear, I am apprehensive about trying to paint the rest of the body without a full tin of paint, as in my experience, any reverse fold moulds, take a lot of overspray/wasted paint to get a good coverage.

Also found out this is the second shipment (last week) where my M07 I ordered a few months ago, hasn't turned up to the NZ Distributor 🤦‍♂️

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

DSC_0191.jpg

That sure brings me back! I used to have the all-black version of this kit, which apparently is quite the classic now. I wish my parents had the foresight to not give it away once I turned 12.

• Like 1

No RC this weekend, but an hour or 2 of Lego with my youngest daughter which was lovely.

A castle/Fort that hasn’t seen the light of day for 3 years, the plan is to rebuild it and sell it on so she can put the money towards something she will use and it will be 1 less thing to move next year, but most importantly it was a bit of quality time together.

I did pull the trigger on the replacement gearbox case for the HCT, so bearings next and then it can go back together. 

I was going to stick on TC as a bargain project but that would leave me with Hop Ups to sell which is bitty and time consuming.

That and it is one of my favourite chassis’.

• Like 2

Finished the driver for the Super Fighter G...

IMG_20201116_205106_compress60.thumb.jpg.c8267dd773af54e6e7fa00292396ba9d.jpg

...which currently looks like this...

IMG_20201116_205420_compress56.thumb.jpg.361e5dc566769921571596008f777568.jpg

...still needs some paint: fluorescent orange and black, and some parts are still missing.

• Like 4

Service day today.

Cleaned off a the Top Force and Avante after previous garden adventures. Always amazes me how you think you’ve cleaned it all, move the buggy and more dirt appears?!

Got the Trail CC01 down in preparation for a postal run tomorrow. Fired it up to find out the steering bridge was loose. Seems the nephew who drove it in the woods last time was too excited to notice the steering wasn’t great. Or perhaps he’d driven a stock CC01 before? :P Thankfully it was just a loose retaining screw, so swiftly back to it’s Yeah Racing improved self.

Finally, a bit of fettling with the SCX10 III build. This one has been crawling(!) along, waiting for the micro servos to arrive. They duly have, but sadly I only seem to have ordered one set of adaptors to make them fit the weird servo horns required to operate the 2 speed and dig. Plus discovered that the servo is a smidge too small, so some packing will be required to support the retaining screws. I’m sure some would say it was a very ‘Tamiya’ thing for Axial to do, make the two servos need to be their specific ones without a bunch of work. The size I can take, but requiring you to buy 2 separate spruces to get a small servo hat off each is a bit cheeky. So back to a crawl the build goes while I source AXIC3009. Out of stock in the UK, and Tamico haven’t found another deal yet to compensate for the €14 delivery.

Brighter note, Jadlam’s pre Christmas sale means I’ve two early presents from Santa arriving tomorrow!

• Like 3

Built the vqs shocks for my super astute and thought I should put the decals on my terra scorcher which I've been meaning to do since I built it in the early summer!

20201115_195429.jpg

• Like 8