Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lovely evening doing my favorite part of this hobby: building a chassis. Featured here: the M06. Build thread coming soon!

IMG-20201117-021959.jpg

• Like 8

Been on a bit of a painting and decorating jag this last week, and today I finished my second shell in six days. A new look for my TA02SW :wub:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This time I got brave and glued the tyres, so I can actually drive it! It's a shame that Tamiya PS Gold and TS Gold are like chalk and cheese, but other than that I'm pretty happy with how it turned out

I would dearly love a straight black Goodyear sticker to run along the back edge of the wing; if anyone has one lying around let me know!

spacer.png

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Juhunio said:

Been on a bit of a painting and decorating jag this last week, and today I finished my second shell in six days. A new look for my TA02SW :wub:

spacer.png

That Porsche looks gorgeous. Great work!

• Thanks 1

Painted the driver body for my Jaguar XJR12 - need to finish the helmet but its too blowy, dark and damp for spraying in the evenings. Its annoying how slow and drawn out everything seems when you can only do something at the weekends. Poxy winter.

Resized_20201117_230901_176.jpeg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Painted the driver body for my Jaguar XJR12 - need to finish the helmet but its too blowy, dark and damp for spraying in the evenings. Its annoying how slow and drawn out everything seems when you can only do something at the weekends. Poxy winter.

Resized_20201117_230901_176.jpeg

Looks great that! I’ve not taken on a cockpit yet, but have both the TC and Rally variants to work on at some point. 

That point is most likely to be next summer now, when it’s safe to go and sit outside in the garage for hours again. Poxy winter ☹️

• Thanks 1

Finally got an esc and receiver in my M08, tested it on the carpet floor, and diff starts skipping... Toasted after 30 seconds.

Looks like I need to get the metal diff parts to rebuild. 🤨

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, berman said:

Finally got an esc and receiver in my M08, tested it on the carpet floor, and diff starts skipping... Toasted after 30 seconds.

Wow, that’s no good, wonder what happened there??

3 hours ago, berman said:

Metal washers behind the spider gears?

5 hours ago, berman said:

I agree with @Re-Bugged and @SupraChrgd82, that shouldn't happen. What kind of power are you running? 

On 11/17/2020 at 6:55 AM, Juhunio said:

This time I got brave and glued the tyres, so I can actually drive it! It's a shame that Tamiya PS Gold and TS Gold are like chalk and cheese, but other than that I'm pretty happy with how it turned out

What color did you back the gold paint with? It looks like it would match an RC10 gold pan pretty well.

6 minutes ago, Biz73 said:

What color did you back the gold paint with? It looks like it would match an RC10 gold pan pretty well.

No backing, that's just PS-13, about 4 coats. In hindsight I should have used PS-52 which might have been a better match for TS-21, but dem's da breaks 

• Thanks 1

Not rc decided to make a new mix tape for walkman for when i walk to my mother's as it helps to drown out the tinnitus:P this one all early 90's from my DJ days

IMG_20201118_162841.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Spent far too long looking at ordering an SSD Trail King Pro kit from RCMart.

I worked out that if I added it to an RCMart order I had planned, I would save £20 after taxes versus buying it from a UK stockist. Woo.

Currency conversion differences would probably reduce that to £0.

I think I'll hang on to my money and hope that Tamico discount the SCX10iii again before Christmas...

• Like 2

Finally got an order going @ RC Bearings for the Honda City Turbo.

Just a little bit of very light RC spending to keep my hand in ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, topforcein said:

Not rc decided to make a new mix tape for walkman for when i walk to my mother's as it helps to drown out the tinnitus:P this one all early 90's from my DJ days

IMG_20201118_162841.jpg

Proper old school separates stack that, nice! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, topforcein said:

IMG_20201118_162841.jpg

Cool! Looks very close almost identical to the Marantz my parents used to have in the late '80s and early '90s... I salvaged at least the main radio part and turntable, superb quality relatively speaking at least.

Tapes and walkman, good for you!! Better than an MP3 reader some might say (me, for instance)  

On 11/17/2020 at 9:55 AM, Juhunio said:

spacer.png

Looking good, really! 👍 loving both this and the other 934 shell you've made. Gulf and JPS are my all-time favourite liveries, and on pretty much any Porsche silhouette they are like icing on the cake.. great job sir

• Thanks 1

I'm definitely not a videogame guy in general, but thanks to my wife I recently rediscovered a popular one that I used to love playing over 10 years ago (before they stole my laptop that I never actually replaced, lol). Lately, when in the evening I am too tired to tinker with the cars or to enjoy my current build properly, I turn it on and enjoy playing it again. 

I've completely forgotten what I found out again yesterday: at a certain point in the storyline you become the owner of an RC hobby store!! :lol: quite enticing at first, but disappointing once I found out there's no Tamiya or buggys whatsoever in it. Boring!! Wish the game allowed me to stock up!

If memory serves me well, there are also a few actual missions that involve RC stuff, but just helis and planes. Still, pretty cool for a game that in itself is definitely not about RC!!

Here's "me" in my newly bought RC store ahah

20201027-001241.jpg

...does anybody recognize the game?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ferruz said:

I'm definitely not a videogame guy in general, but thanks to my wife I recently rediscovered a popular one that I used to love playing over 10 years ago (before they stole my laptop that I never actually replaced, lol). Lately, when in the evening I am too tired to tinker with the cars or to enjoy my current build properly, I turn it on and enjoy playing it again. 

I've completely forgotten what I found out again yesterday: at a certain point in the storyline you become the owner of an RC hobby store!! :lol: quite enticing at first, but disappointing once I found out there's no Tamiya or buggys whatsoever in it. Boring!! Wish the game allowed me to stock up!

If memory serves me well, there are also a few actual missions that involve RC stuff, but just helis and planes. Still, pretty cool for a game that in itself is definitely not about RC!!

Here's "me" in my newly bought RC store ahah

20201027-001241.jpg

...does anybody recognize the game?

GTA!

• Like 1

Fitted the missing bumper to the clod & gave the wheels & shell a mini wash.

50618537521_d4b92af844_b.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Looking good, really! 👍 loving both this and the other 934 shell you've made. Gulf and JPS are my all-time favourite liveries, and on pretty much any Porsche silhouette they are like icing on the cake.. great job sir

Cheers Ferruz! Agreed, they're my favourites too. I would also add the Martini livery which looks amazing on the 1/12 935

spacer.png

I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out on my Boomerang 

spacer.png

Actually, that's inspired an idea....I've got a 911 GT3 VIP shell on a TT02 that I painted white but never really did anything with, so I might see if I can get the Martini livery to work on it. Watch this space :ph34r:

• Like 8