Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

That sir, is a very lovely looking Boomerang! :wub:

Thanks very much, very kind!

21 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Wow, that’s no good, wonder what happened there??

Not sure. Was hoping to have a better look tonight but long work day, home, kids, and early start put that on the back burner.

20 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

Metal washers behind the spider gears?

It was built as per manual.

19 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

I agree with @Re-Bugged and @SupraChrgd82, that shouldn't happen. What kind of power are you running? 

I know the plastic diffs are apparently weak, but wouldn't have expected it to skip straight away. I am running the UGT tuned motor with a 20t and M grips.

46 minutes ago, berman said:

Not sure. Was hoping to have a better look tonight but long work day, home, kids, and early start put that on the back burner.

It was built as per manual.

I know the plastic diffs are apparently weak, but wouldn't have expected it to skip straight away. I am running the UGT tuned motor with a 20t and M grips.

Word in the pits at one of the clubs I visited pre-Coronapocalypse was that the M-07 was prone to blowing diffs on high-grip surfaces, and most people built them with TA-06 metal gears and shafts to avoid this. With the M-08 diff being under even more stress under acceleration, I would think that the issue would be even more pronounced. Still, a bit disappointing that it happened so soon. I would have hoped for a few runs at least.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Proper old school separates stack that, nice! 

thanks the only real old school items there are the graphic from the 80's and the digital timer from the early 80's

17 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Cool! Looks very close almost identical to the Marantz my parents used to have in the late '80s and early '90s... I salvaged at least the main radio part and turntable, superb quality relatively speaking at least.

Tapes and walkman, good for you!! Better than an MP3 reader some might say (me, for instance)  

yeah i brought them all at the same time back in 2006(i think) and i made sure i could get the cassette deck  before i got the rest.

for me tunes played on a/via computer(mp3) can never sound better then a hi-fi and the same you wont get a better sound from a phone compared to a walkman esp if one has a graphic on it 

i do have a 70's set up also that is in the bedroom a pioneer receiver and jbl speakers that i had to re-foam and recover the cabinets and i will never sell them plus i am amassing a collection of cassettes deck also for some reason:lol:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, topforcein said:

thanks the only real old school items there are the graphic from the 80's and the digital timer from the early 80's

Yeah it was the graphic equalizer that took me back! My hifi now doesn't even have bass or treble control, it's all direct from source and trust in the manufacturer's 'house sound'!

10 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Word in the pits at one of the clubs I visited pre-Coronapocalypse was that the M-07 was prone to blowing diffs on high-grip surfaces, and most people built them with TA-06 metal gears and shafts to avoid this. With the M-08 diff being under even more stress under acceleration, I would think that the issue would be even more pronounced. Still, a bit disappointing that it happened so soon. I would have hoped for a few runs at least.

Thanks, and I think you are right on the money. With the push from being rwd, plus the M grips, the carpet, and me giving it the welly right off the bat, has lead to its early demise. ☹

Spike of warmer weather yesterday, I couldn’t resist making a start:

87ED00D5-C9E8-4791-AD13-61CDBD92F351.jpg

Scorcher done, but ran out of time and only completed the FE masking today.

masked up the driver figure for the scorcher too, that’s my challenge with these builds. I’m rubbish at getting drivers done!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ploots said:

So am I 

Those blue bits and cf are absolutely beautiful. They're eye candies!

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 6:57 PM, Ferruz said:

I'm definitely not a videogame guy in general, but thanks to my wife I recently rediscovered a popular one that I used to love playing over 10 years ago (before they stole my laptop that I never actually replaced, lol). Lately, when in the evening I am too tired to tinker with the cars or to enjoy my current build properly, I turn it on and enjoy playing it again. 

I've completely forgotten what I found out again yesterday: at a certain point in the storyline you become the owner of an RC hobby store!! :lol: quite enticing at first, but disappointing once I found out there's no Tamiya or buggys whatsoever in it. Boring!! Wish the game allowed me to stock up!

If memory serves me well, there are also a few actual missions that involve RC stuff, but just helis and planes. Still, pretty cool for a game that in itself is definitely not about RC!!

Here's "me" in my newly bought RC store ahah

20201027-001241.jpg

...does anybody recognize the game?

Thanks for the idea! I've just created a mod this evening, to turn it into a Tamiya store :D

screenshot_zero.jpg

Complete with 1992 models to fit in the game time period!

screenshot_boxes.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, jupitertwo said:

Spike of warmer weather yesterday, I couldn’t resist making a start:

87ED00D5-C9E8-4791-AD13-61CDBD92F351.jpg

Scorcher done, but ran out of time and only completed the FE masking today.

masked up the driver figure for the scorcher too, that’s my challenge with these builds. I’m rubbish at getting drivers done!

Get acrylic paint markers ! Much easier than using brush. 

77FEE94E-2EDE-4305-BBE2-97B81DA1A650.jpeg

437C8238-B0FC-4B24-BDED-041DB8D31F52.jpeg

AB99676B-BF11-49AF-B3D1-07C4A2904950.jpeg

B30E5FBE-6D1D-4F94-8074-D214847CFF13.jpeg

• Like 2

This is what a (mostly) full-option M06 chassis looks like by the time you're done with Bag B, step 18:

IMG-20201120-030405.jpg

I'm finding it amusing how I say this is the end of metal bag B, but in truth the metal bags are remaining mostly untouched lol. 

One frustrating thing I discovered during the build so far: the hop-up steering requires 2 10mm cs screws and 2 12mm cs screws that are not included in the Tamiya titanium screw set. I have to go back in later and swap them out because my OCD can't stand having 4 steel screws (I found 2 hex ones, but other 2 are JIS!) in a sea of titanium hex screws <_<:

IMG-20201120-024355.jpg

Otherwise it's a very enjoyable build so far.

• Like 5

On 11/19/2020 at 3:38 AM, topforcein said:

Not rc decided to make a new mix tape for walkman for when i walk to my mother's as it helps to drown out the tinnitus:P this one all early 90's from my DJ days

IMG_20201118_162841.jpg

Thats an impressive stack. Got a  MiniDisc player? For me that was peak audio. I miss my MiniDisc players, all sadly gone now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Get acrylic paint markers ! Much easier than using brush. 

77FEE94E-2EDE-4305-BBE2-97B81DA1A650.jpeg

437C8238-B0FC-4B24-BDED-041DB8D31F52.jpeg

AB99676B-BF11-49AF-B3D1-07C4A2904950.jpeg

B30E5FBE-6D1D-4F94-8074-D214847CFF13.jpeg

I love painting driver figures in an expression that makes them look like they are thinking "Oh.... BADWORD!" It definetly works well for buggies.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Made some really enjoyable progress on my 49400 934 rebuild

spacer.png

I'm a wee bit in love with this one 

I'd finish the build right there and display it as a kinematic sculpture. That's ART.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

This is what a (mostly) full-option M06 chassis looks like by the time you're done with Bag B, step 18:

IMG-20201120-030405.jpg

I'm finding it amusing how I say this is the end of metal bag B, but in truth the metal bags are remaining mostly untouched lol. 

One frustrating thing I discovered during the build so far: the hop-up steering requires 2 10mm cs screws and 2 12mm cs screws that are not included in the Tamiya titanium screw set. I have to go back in later and swap them out because my OCD can't stand having 4 steel screws (I found 2 hex ones, but other 2 are JIS!) in a sea of titanium hex screws <_<:

IMG-20201120-024355.jpg

Otherwise it's a very enjoyable build so far.

If I could just spend my time building kits I'd be in heaven. It's the building I like best,

• Like 3

On 11/18/2020 at 4:38 PM, topforcein said:

Not rc decided to make a new mix tape for walkman for when i walk to my mother's as it helps to drown out the tinnitus:P this one all early 90's from my DJ days

IMG_20201118_162841.jpg

How far away does your mum live? 3 decades away??

I hear what you're saying about the tinnitus though (pun not intended) - I have to listen to music when I'm trying to concentrate, otherwise I find I focus more on the ringing that what I'm trying to do!

In hindsight, the warnings were there when I'd come back from a gig in my early 20's and couldn't hear a thing until some time towards the end of the next day. But would I listen (again, not intended) or would I just be back up at the front of the stage with 8 16" subs mere inches from my face? I'll let you guess which......:wacko::rolleyes:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, jonboy1 said:

I hear what you're saying about the tinnitus though (pun not intended) - I have to listen to music when I'm trying to concentrate, otherwise I find I focus more on the ringing that what I'm trying to do!

In hindsight, the warnings were there when I'd come back from a gig in my early 20's and couldn't hear a thing until some time towards the end of the next day. But would I listen (again, not intended) or would I just be back up at the front of the stage with 8 16" subs mere inches from my face? I'll let you guess which......:wacko::rolleyes:

I can remember from uni days going to one particular nightclub (The Orient in The Rocks, Sydney) and coming out from it thinking "ouch, my ears are really hurting". I've had tinnitus since that night. Look after your hearing, folks!

• Like 1

Finished the rebuild of the Super Fighter G. The car was taken apart, cleaned and rebuild with some new parts and mostly parts of my stock. Got a new servo, drive shafts, wheels, tires, oil shocks and ball bearings. Put in an older Tamiya radio. Overall, finishing the body was the hardest part as my masking tape is totally crap. It didn't stick enough to avoid bleeding but leaves glue residual when removed. But I think it turned out okay. In the end it is a present for my ten year old nephew and will be massively used. Therefore some imperfections aren't so bad.

IMG_20201120_115950_compress62.thumb.jpg.8b502326ae5bd34b24f5c153970865a6.jpg

IMG_20201120_115935_compress27.thumb.jpg.f3612cd8e902586516bffafaf94afd8f.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

I can remember from uni days going to one particular nightclub (The Orient in The Rocks, Sydney) and coming out from it thinking "ouch, my ears are really hurting". I've had tinnitus since that night. Look after your hearing, folks!

I could say ‘Bob Mould broke me’ but that could be misconstrued.

His gigs are particularly loud because he turns everything up...because he damaged his hearing early in his career!!!!

I’ve had to start wearing those musicians earplugs at gigs now. 

• Haha 1

I’ve made no progress on my trail rig so I have ordered a few parts for a project in 2021 - Operation Outlaw Upgrade.

The normal route for these is ‘Chuck in a brushless motor and replace what breaks with something metal’.

I’m going down a slightly different path - chuck out the bits I don’t like and replace with proven tech from another source.

So I have ordered an Ali chassis plate, metal servo mounts and a clone SCX10ii gearbox to start off.

This could be fun!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

lucky my mom lives close 

the dahm tinitus is as loud as rush hour traffic when i used to walk to work and as loud as the washer on full chat with knackerd bearings someday i feel like jabbing something long and sharp in my ears 

yeah i started my dj ing at around 17 and by the time i was in my early 20's i was like you my ears would ring until the next day and used to love to stick my head infront of the speakers as well by hey we never learn until its to late do we

• Like 1