Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

Which bumper ? 

6C0F2EF1-16B2-4D86-8C61-C8B378D62EAC.jpeg

E36ADEA7-BAD2-496D-ACFB-1103A0FC220E.jpeg

The lower one IMO suits the colour scheme better.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

Which bumper ? 

Lower one, silver definitely looks better than the red. I'd imagine the original black would look cool too.. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

The lower one IMO suits the colour scheme better.

I’ve got this body too 😉

8CBD451C-B68C-4BFB-8B20-BBDF82BCFC6D.jpeg

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

Lower one, silver definitely looks better than the red. I'd imagine the original black would look cool too.. 

!

3E4F4358-D572-4051-8E44-3403EC19D514.jpeg

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

!

3E4F4358-D572-4051-8E44-3403EC19D514.jpeg

Going purely on looks, I would say the original looks best of all.

• Like 2

99% reassembled the HCT last night whilst watching Fast and Loud.

Just need to test the gearbox, fit the steering wheel, give it a wipe and then I’ll list it on Sunday if times allows. 

Looking forward to putting the Wild One on the mat next and checking it over. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

It finally stopped raining after weeks of it pretty much non-stop so I took the opportunity to get out! Ground was still soaking wet after 2 days of sun but I couldn't hold back any longer. Went for a 2 hour stroll with the Lunchbox. Freaked a few dog walkers and runners out with the lights after it got dark lol.

JOKhiNC.jpg

yOBeA5q.jpg

I'd want this for when I have go out late at night to inspect strange and creepy things roaming around the house

• Like 1

With the smell of stuffing and faux turkey (we're vegetarians) cooking in the house, I stepped out for a run with my patched together old Blackfoot. Its a creaky, old mish-mash of parts that still gets up and goes when called upon.

20201126_160100_001 (2) 20201126_160646_029 (2)

...and of course jumping in a pile of leaves is still fun when you're an old man like my Blackfoot...

20201126_161324_004 (3)

• Like 11

Took one of the Javelins to a park and got it dirty.

I would like to endorse Kyosho titanium turnbuckles. I and the kidlets messed up so many jumps and flipped so many times that the suspension should look like a pretzel by now.

• Like 1

I've been thinking about old pan cars recently, so I decided to get these two out and get them on their feet. On the left is my trusty old RC10LSO, which I've owned for 25 years now. On the right is a Hyperdrive car that came in a lot of stuff I bought a couple years back. It cleaned up OK, and seems to be functional. Both should be fun on my new asphalt on the side of the house.

What I don't have are bodies for them. Good excuse to pick up a couple of the RJ Speed classic muscle car bodies, or some VTA touring car shells, I think...

pancars.jpg

• Like 4

Winter is back <_< 

At least the old Boss doesn't need any winterizing at all

20201124-165441.jpg

• Like 6

Thought I fried a motor, but it looks like it might be just a broken brush wire :wacko: autopsy and repair now

On 11/26/2020 at 1:51 PM, berman said:

m1cfJtT.jpg

One trick I use for any drive-cup like this that ages prematurely is rotate it from front right to rear left (and front left to rear right and so on), effectively reversing the cups so you get more life out of them. It just means your braking performance is slightly delayed.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Ordered the rere hicaps for the vqs and mci repro decals. Mci decals 25% off for the next day ! 

Thanks for the heads-up, I've ordered a couple of sets of decals for my recently purchased (not quite a Tamiya) Mini shell. Might have to get another shell now...

I thought the grass hopper was supposed to be an easy build.. I can’t tell you how long it took to get all the stripe stickers aligned properly!

I’m not entirely sure what to do with the bits of sticker that partially cover the front screw c’bores.. so if anyone has any advice please shout!

2980ADE4-4E7A-4A84-A965-C6AE3CCA4B9F.jpeg

• Like 3

Some more body sanding done, holes reamed out and fit checked with chassis. Cleaning and masking then probably a long wait for a dry painting day...

C8FE16C2-1C48-4D18-81B1-A93BDFA29904.jpeg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Thanks for the heads-up, I've ordered a couple of sets of decals for my recently purchased (not quite a Tamiya) Mini shell. Might have to get another shell now...

Ordered another Mini shell for the stickers I ordered this morning.

No Black Friday offers other than MCI Racing have tempted me .

Came close to ordering an SCX10iii from Nexus models for £391, it seems like the price of the kit is dropping - it is now sub-£400 on Modelsport, I'm sure it was £440 recently. OTOH, I need a new laptop.

9 hours ago, Lee76 said:

I thought the grass hopper was supposed to be an easy build.. I can’t tell you how long it took to get all the stripe stickers aligned properly!

I’m not entirely sure what to do with the bits of sticker that partially cover the front screw c’bores.. so if anyone has any advice please shout!

2980ADE4-4E7A-4A84-A965-C6AE3CCA4B9F.jpeg

On mine I carefully cut semicircles out of the stickers to provide unrestricted access to the screw holes. 

Today my wife let slip a hint as to what RC Father Christmas might be bringing me. It is a special coloured version of something. Tamiya have released a fair number of specially coloured editions of different models, so I am some way off guessing which one it is, but I know several that it isn't!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

On mine I carefully cut semicircles out of the stickers to provide unrestricted access to the screw holes

I was thinking the same,  I’m worried I’ll make it look like it’s been chewed by a mouse though....I’ll put it on my ‘to do’ shelf... and half finish something else.