Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Spent half an hour or so supervising one of my boys (aged 7) repairing his Super Hotshot that got broken in the summer.

One front upright needed to be replaced as the lower ball joint had pulled out and stripped the thread. Both front driveshafts needed replacing as well. One was understandably lost when the upright broke, but the other just fell out!

For his first time "on the spanners" he did well.

Only thing left is to reattach the bumper, which also came off in the same run but I had forgotten so hadn't ordered any screws.

• Like 3

Today i got my 2 Rallycars TL01s ready.

The Lancia has a cheap Lightset and a Dumbo RC gyro receiver in it. Sadly i can't  set a Sensitivity and the Headlights do not work on the 3 Channelbutton, so i hat to use the 6th channel with the potentiometer.

20201228_133257.thumb.jpg.97924a3bba1b262c5ad399cca5c8d2a4.jpg

• Like 5

Today, I realised I had a spare set of VQS high caps, so after much thought of which car to fit them to, I decided to fit high end hop ups on a low end car, I am very happy with the result....

image.jpg

• Like 11

Helped a little person substantially complete his Super Storm Dragon.

Still gotta finish painting the driver and doing the decals. He wants box art.

20201228_200349.jpg

• Like 14

I finally got a start on the VQS. I must say, I'm quite enjoying the build thus far. I also appreciate the relative complexity as compared to my most recent DT-02 build. 

315A2BCA-BDFC-45A7-99EE-AA45A03B20A1.jpeg

• Like 7

Bought a second VQS on Towerhobbies because the price is too good to pass up with premier coupons. I've now got 2 NIB VQS and 2 NIB HI-CAP Sets!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Snappy1 said:

Today, I realised I had a spare set of VQS high caps, so after much thought of which car to fit them to, I decided to fit high end hop ups on a low end car, I am very happy with the result....

image.jpg

This looks superb and has really changed how I view this model.

Have you got a Striker as well?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

This looks superb and has really changed how I view this model.

Have you got a Striker as well?

Best answer, not yet but I have been searching for a striker and a FX-10

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

Been getting some virtual practice @Wahoo? That takes me back, as does the TV!

Ya, i love me some Segarally esecially the first Game on the Arcademachine.

I would love to have some Sega Rally Props, e.g. the Startpult.

• Like 1

Sat in the hot hot sun drinking beer and painting this yesterday arvo (it isn't finished, so will get some outside pics when I have done a few more things).

Also noticed a bit of grime and waterspots on my lowride pumpkin, so found the three set of Tamiya cutting compounds and gave it a good polish up.

BGLZcUo.jpg

CRxCduf.jpg

• Like 13

17 hours ago, Snappy1 said:

image.jpg

What I would do to get my hands on another sonic fighter, it takes me back 30 years to when I had mine, so many memories.

I'm sure mine was painted with a brush though, and definitely didn't have wheels and shocks like those!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, berman said:

Sat in the hot hot sun drinking beer.

As I watch the snow falling outside, this makes me feel quite envious. 😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This was yesterday, but it took me a good 24 hrs to cool down before my language could be suitable for a forum again.

Took a light run in the park, car was like 80-100 mt away from me when it suddenly lost control: when I released the throttle, instead of stopping the car went off the path at full speed and crashed into the only curb of the area. I don't know if it was an interference of some sort, maybe all the wi-fis and other signals of the city and the cold, anyway managed to bend a hard steel prop shaft, along with various other minor breakages

20201229-121319.jpg

An accurate portrait of my immediate reaction -only visual, as I had to keep myself from cursing because of some younger public around me-

hqdefault.jpg

Replacements are on the way, but man, why is that? Did any of you experience a momentary lack of control with the 2.4ghz system? 

I tried it again and everything seems fine now, also when we are in the country I drive the car much further away than tht without any issues, so I still hope it was just an unfortunate fluke.

Well, nothing like a major crash here and there to put things in perspective 😅 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Today’s I started my “surprise” Schumacher Top Cat build while watching 1980s IFMAR world championship racing on YouTube. This is my first non-Tamiya build and I’m enjoying it so far.

A20CCAE2-E197-4766-AB5B-1D37AA939C62.jpeg

• Like 3

I weighed a few Avante family cars with some very interesting results,

Re re Egress , no battery or shell
Avante 2001 with hop ups,no battery no shell

Re re VQS no battery no shell

Who would have thought ? 

They are all running triple ball diff 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ministrone said:

As I watch the snow falling outside, this makes me feel quite envious. 😭

The feelings mutual. I don't get snow where I am, have to go down to the mountains for that, never driven an RC in snow before ☹

39 minutes ago, berman said:

The feelings mutual. I don't get snow where I am, have to go down to the mountains for that, never driven an RC in snow before ☹

I hate snow I even hate the word snow!........Snow should be made illegal give me summer 365 days a year👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 12/29/2020 at 3:33 AM, msgimartin said:

I finally got a start on the VQS. I must say, I'm quite enjoying the build thus far. I also appreciate the relative complexity as compared to my most recent DT-02 build. 

There seems to be a bit of a VQS festival going on  at the moment. 

Jimmy De Ville of 5th Gear and Goblin Garage is doing a daily Facebook Live build of the VQS kit. I haven't managed to check it out yet. Largely due to me being a Facebook novice.

https://m.facebook.com/JimmydeVillesGarage/videos/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

• Like 2

On 12/29/2020 at 3:33 AM, msgimartin said:

Obviously we need to see the finished buggy (that's the unwritten rule:D) what motor are you putting in looks like the sport tuned? 

On 12/21/2020 at 1:05 PM, Fabia130vRS said:

Maybe the potentiometers in the transmitter 

I will open it up and have a look, thanks!

On 12/22/2020 at 1:53 AM, wolfdogstinkus said:

It's a nascar?

Do the wheels go left as well? Or only when disconnected from the servo?.

Is there any binding anywhere?

LOL it might end up that way. the wheels move freely when not connected to the servo, and i can move the servo with my hands left and right with what i can assume is the resistance it should give from the motor inside it. FabiavRS130 made a good point that it might be the transmitter with the fault so going to continue to investigate.

I took delivery of my first assembly kit - 58436 the grasshopper is now part of the stable! got my flysky fs-gt3c in the post as well, plus the paints. just waiting for my tools and brushes etc to show up, but in the meantime will be building this up and enjoying the process (i hope)

IMG_20201230_124021538.jpg

• Like 7

So today, arrived my new transmiter the 9xr, finally, now I need a Frsky DJT modul with reciever and good to go. I had a look at the ranges... a 1,5km - 2km and just to find out... I had home a AOMWAY 500mw video audio transmitter... not using it for now but it should have a range as the radio controller and more...

TcJn9Q3.jpg

for now I am using the camera of eachine e013 tiny drone. Should be ok to get the hang on. I am not rushing with the camer since I am learning step by step. I am passed the what board or motors and frame part. I scratched to the betaflight program a bit. Really interesting. Until I get the hands on the modul nothing more to do, and then more setuping. It will have video with sound over a 2km range and thats more then it can fly with this battery I believe. Est flight time about 3-4min on 3s 1300mah 45C
MPxXxfN.jpg

Going through turtorials and manuals until almost finished

• Like 5