Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, moffman said:

Obviously we need to see the finished buggy (that's the unwritten rule:D) what motor are you putting in looks like the sport tuned? 

I'm making slow progress on the VQS; I'm through Step 24. Yes, it's a Sport Tuned as I wanted to keep it to a Tamiya motor. I have a Super Stock TZ that I was thinking about putting in, but figured I'd start with the Sport Tuned and go up from there. 

DACFC476-1F62-471A-8AE1-DF161AA86865.jpeg

• Like 3

while up in my loft looking for something i came across my 20 year old mini hi-fi i put up there about 10 years back so i thought i would take it out and try to see if it would work as i could not remember why i put it up there in the first place.

the first thing i did was take the case of to check the belts on the cd mech and the cassette decks and to my surprise every one had done 

so at that point i just plugged it in and turned it on and it lit up like a christmas tree  except for the display nothing so all i managed to get working was the radio by pure luck  and while cleaning the dust from inside it i managed to open up my finger a good un (i think it may be pay back for being put up in the loft :lol:)  with claret leaking all over the show surprisingly i managed to find the belts req and a display board but at the cost of £50 for the board alone it got put back where it came from

i think what i have learned here is let sleeping dogs lie when you are bored and looking for something to do;)

• Like 3

Last couple of days I've got the trailer built. I haven't put the stanchions and chains on because at the moment I prefer a true flatbed. But what I did was put CA on the flangenuts and then held them in place overnight with the MB6 screws. They have set OK so now I have the option of fitting the side stanchions later without having to strip the bed to do it. Now just to make a start on the truck, although I am trying to leave it so weather's a bit better for spraying

IMG_20201230_210726.jpg

• Like 6

Went to the beach with the kids, took some RC cars as there is a park there. My son had the lunchbox and all of sudden i notice it isnt there and we cant see where it is. Sometimes he can get really distracted talking a load of gibberish he forgets he is driving a car. 🙄 Well it was over 100m away lodged in some ladies garden and he still had the throttle pegged. Absolutely dead as a door nail. And the stench... Bye bye torque tuned motor, you had a life on the limit 😄

• Haha 9

4 hours ago, msgimartin said:

I'm making slow progress on the VQS; I'm through Step 24. Yes, it's a Sport Tuned as I wanted to keep it to a Tamiya motor. I have a Super Stock TZ that I was thinking about putting in, but figured I'd start with the Sport Tuned and go up from there. 

DACFC476-1F62-471A-8AE1-DF161AA86865.jpeg

Good choice! The sport tuned is a very capable motor so it will go well in the vqs (they are brilliant in the tamiya blackfoot chassis trucks) 

• Like 2

Finished off my Christmas dt-03 today. First shell and spray job so a bit rough but learned lots and my 5 your old still thinks it looks 'awesome'

PXL_20201230_221046476.jpg

• Like 16

Today I discovered that I am just never going to be able to keep these things in the box. Seriously, I don't know how you NIB collectors do it. I only held out a month...

1227451882_ScreenShot2020-12-30at3_15_37PM.thumb.png.07ebd6a43940abbf088864d06c634378.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Continued to show love to my Bullhead, installed a carbon axle mount servo kit from the Clod Shop, swapped the TEU 106BK for a Hobbywing 880 esc, and finally (because I'm a bit OCD) swapped black Sport Tuned motors for silver Sport Tuned motors.  Why?  Well.. since I can run 3s with the 880 esc, I probably will give it a go.  I put a heatsink and cooling fan on each motor as well.  The thought being, I can easily replace silver Sport Tuned motors and will keep the black Sport Tuned motors in boxes since they are no longer produced.

A side note.. has anyone experienced interference with the servo and chassis when doing a servo on axle modification for their Clod or Bullhead?  I had to cut a notch out of the chassis to allow for more suspension travel. (see pics)

Bullhead Motors.jpg

Bullhead Steering Mod.jpg

• Like 8

Made a set of vintage window louvres for my VW, ...might have another go and try angle the vanes correctly.

Thinking about having a crack at a thermador or similar a/c barrel for the window as well. 🤔

fAUbcGp.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, markbt73 said:

Today I discovered that I am just never going to be able to keep these things in the box. Seriously, I don't know how you NIB collectors do it. I only held out a month...

1227451882_ScreenShot2020-12-30at3_15_37PM.thumb.png.07ebd6a43940abbf088864d06c634378.png

I know exactly what your talking about! This lasted me mint in box about a month🙄 I bought it with the idea of just keeping it sealed in the shrink wrap it was delivered in but it was to painful keep on looking at it so after about 20 years unbuilt I decided (after a month of ownership) to build it😊

20190504_102020.jpg

20191109_195104.jpg

• Like 15

On 12/28/2020 at 6:10 PM, Peter_B said:

Both front driveshafts needed replacing as well. One was understandably lost when the upright broke, but the other just fell out!

Has anyone ever tried some type of tether. To avoid these going missing?

I've also read that people paint them bright fluorescent colours. Thus making them easier to find when they invariably do fall out.

Santa is patiently waiting in his yet-to-be finished sleigh. This is my very first attempt at painting a driver figure, and considering my less-than-stellar eyesight I decided NOT to try putting in the eyes. Most of this will be covered by the aluminum roof plate anyways. I'm just waiting for the front Gmade shocks to come in the mail and I'll have all I need to give it a test spin.

2020-12-31-13-15-24.jpg

• Like 8

First time in a while I have been able to sit down and do some tinkering

usClq8o.jpg

Installed a carbon fibre plate in TA02SW

MAhlclf.jpg

Managed to snag some TA01 dampers for £10 and they fit the TL01 I found great. Much nicer than friction shocks. I have ball bearings on order and when I get paid (although the way things are going IF) I might pick up some of the turnbuckle kits because they're a fiver.

d4e4Y3m.jpg

Tapped the servo arm and fitted some Fastrax ball joints to remove the sloppy stock plastic links and screws. 

XsPGAMS.jpg

Fitted, much better!

• Like 4

Making steady progress on the VQS. It's really starting to take shape now with the two halves bolted together. 

I also flipped the motor around so you can at least see part of the sticker. Previously, the sticker was hidden on the underside. 

B20836CF-6A4F-4A60-91E0-74730FB6217D.jpeg

• Like 3

i got a second set of 5 spoke purple anodized aluminum rims yesterday for my RC. i kept the hard drift tires on it and gorilla glued the inner tires to the rims and also the same on a black plastic set of rims with soft rubber tires. i still got more tires to glue including a drift tire to black rims, not sure yet what the last set of black rims will go with atm but my firs set of purple aluminum rims need the drift tires removed first and swap tire material with a plastic rubber set. thats the plan atleast until i get the tool in to remove the hard drift tires.

I put some cars under the shower to get the dust off & cleaned up the shelves. 

50785175217_a849a9201f_b.jpg

knitting isn’t mine, honestly :lol:

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ministrone said:

^this^ looks beautiful but needs the huge tyre lettering done in white IMO. 👌🏻

Just done them (I’m a real NYE party animal)

D2D6A821-B894-4EBE-BF5E-338BBCF1C112.jpeg.3e40a6cbaf2074639edc33a748c2a5bc.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Well, wiped the sanding and other dusts off the Clod and Lunchbox bodies, glued the tires on the Lb, put a Spektrum Rx in my Clod so I can eventually convert it to axle mounted servos and have the rear steer independent of the front once I get the needed parts to fully convert over to that.

001(108).HEIC

• Like 2

i just managed to glue my aluminum rims and hard RC tires with gorilla glue they worked great. i tried the same on the plastic rims and soft rubber tires, no bueno. after a few hours just stressing the ribber on one side of the rims made it come loose after clearing the excess glue. still dont think it will hold after the 2 others have 24hrs to cure. need to find a better glue for rubber tires that doesnt dry in 15 seconds...

11 hours ago, J@mes said:

I put some cars under the shower to get the dust off & cleaned up the shelves. 

50785175217_a849a9201f_b.jpg

knitting isn’t mine, honestly :lol:

Nothing wrong with knitting (not that I no anything about it) but when you see people who do knitting that's a real skill👍 my first ever rc club I joined back in the mid 80's the guy that started it up/ran it he was a one man band business that knitted hats and scarves and he must of been very good at it because he always had I very nice car (real and rc) and had a second home in Spain and that was very unusual back then!

• Like 2