Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, nel33 said:

i just managed to glue my aluminum rims and hard RC tires with gorilla glue they worked great. i tried the same on the plastic rims and soft rubber tires, no bueno. after a few hours just stressing the ribber on one side of the rims made it come loose after clearing the excess glue. still dont think it will hold after the 2 others have 24hrs to cure. need to find a better glue for rubber tires that doesnt dry in 15 seconds...

If I am out of racing glue (for RC). I just use regular super glue and add baking soda on the fresh glue just immediately after applying glue add soda. It does not look nice, but it holds, here is a picture of cheap china rims witj china tires. And a video what speed it holds.

C1ijNvj.jpg

• Like 2

I glued the tires on my TLR 22 with Gorilla glue and haven't had an issue. The tip on the bottle made for a sloppy job, but it has held. I'm only running a 17.5t motor though so I'm sure that helps. Every other car I've used regular Super Glue.

• Like 1

The best possible start to 2021. Two sessions in the garden separated by lunch and a film. Three packs exhausted. Pic of the DH and Hornet near the start of the session. 

DSC_0389.jpg

And the Hornet by the end

2DA322B8-3E73-4F70-8D7C-E3B645CA2F51.jpg

And the Hornet on our new ramp

Screenshot_20210101-1650053.png

• Like 6

Thank you for the replies on the glues. I like the gorilla glue for hard drift tires and it cleans up nicely enough but I will need to buy some super glue if the soft rubber ones dont take it very well, I just hope I can do a decent job so they don't look too bad. Gorilla glue expands alot but cleans up nice if you have the patience... I even flexed the rubber tire material so the gorilla glue can get into the seams/beads properly and I still was able to use medium force to unseat that.

Half way through my tomahawk! Absolutely stunning quality rc and an absolute pleasure to build got the electrics and body to finish then it's my blackfoot!

20210101_194402.jpg

• Like 11

Day two of progress! I designed an printed a little bracket so that I don't have to have the heavy solid plastic rear bumper on my TL01. I will probably get a couple lasercut in aluminium soon as I have some other parts I want to cut. 

ewLCdhV.jpg

uCImZah.jpg

Seems to work well... might look good in carbon fibre! 

• Like 4

Penultimate VQS update. I've completed the build save for wheels and the body.

I'm not going to lie; while I'm not necessarily in favor of pre-cut and pre-painted bodies, it is nice that I don't have to paint.  

04C529E7-DB27-409B-A284-96084D4D19D1.jpeg

• Like 4

i got around to painting my aluminum rims. they are anodized but the paint i put isnt.  it was a bit of a pain to get the right circle pattern drawn out without a proper locking protractor. these rims are going to get rubber tires but removing the tires with hot water and finger strength is hopeless. the lines dont stick out as much as i like but taping up the 5 inner spokes is more tricky than that edge. the outer rim where the glue will usually  is possible but cleaning off the glue may scratch the paint.

IMG_4229a.jpg

• Like 2

Nothing Tamiya this time around, but.....I dug my Traxxas Telluride trail rig that I call Blasphemy (due to the platform having been hated in the crawling community when I got it) back out recently and cycled the 9.6v pack in it several times since it wasn’t in the best shape last time I ran it. Probably going to need to buy a new battery for it, it may also get a Holmes Hobbies 21t 550 motor in the near future too:D

IMG_1531.JPG

• Like 3

12 hours ago, msgimartin said:

Penultimate VQS update. I've completed the build save for wheels and the body.

I'm not going to lie; while I'm not necessarily in favor of pre-cut and pre-painted bodies, it is nice that I don't have to paint.  

04C529E7-DB27-409B-A284-96084D4D19D1.jpeg

Its looking good👍 but don't you think because the body is pre-painted that you can't do something more individual even if it's just a little twist on the original (eg like a metallic black finish) its definitely going to be a stunning buggy maybe tamiya could have given people the choice? 

• Like 1

Fitted some hop ups to the HCT today which was great.

Alloy servo posts, alloy suspension bridges with stainless steel shafts and a big fat wheelie bar, all fairly pointless but since I have bought them I might as well fit them 😂 

Should have really fitted a servo saver 🤦 but I’m not going to unless something breaks 😳

Just leaves the steel pinion and CVA’s to build/fit, then some fiddle faffing with the driver and shell. 

• Like 2

Put this up to keep these safe and got another one to do tomorrow to out the LB on.

DSC_3258.JPG

• Like 9

Finished my tomahawk! Simply stunning to build and quality is equally stunning! Thought I'd try a kyosho mega motor I know it's best suited for trucks but I'll see what's it's like?

20210102_153536.jpg

• Like 10

Don't laugh.

I took out the M06 and dug into the front end just to replace 2 philips head screws with titanium hex heads (they were the only ones in the whole chassis, the 2 countersunk ones holding the blue steering post supports) and replaced the front titanium turnbuckles with BLUE titanium turnbuckles. The mismatch of the titanium silver with blue everything else was killing me. Sadly the blue anodizing on titanium has a different shade than that on aluminum. Ahhh first world problems :lol:

IMG-20210103-WA0001.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tarted up some SRB wheels to use runners on a Wild One or Buggy Champ, that is if I can ever bring myself to dismantle my recent Scorcher body off the chassis to be able to use the Buggy Champ one again 🤔

5DE69EEF-50D8-4DF8-B8EF-6A62732E4337.md.

• Like 7

Almost finished the '88 rebuild. 

Screenshot_20210103_011958.jpg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Received the 2nd one ! 

CE63A6FB-D49B-4FF8-B150-C71A80C37DDE.jpeg

I wish people would stop putting these on here! They look amazing and the more I see them the more I want one.......but i just can't justify buying one......yet! 

• Haha 1

On 30 December 2020 at 6:31 AM, Snappy1 said:

I weighed a few Avante family cars with some very interesting results,

Re re Egress , no battery or shell
Avante 2001 with hop ups,no battery no shell

Re re VQS no battery no shell

Who would have thought ? 

They are all running triple ball diff 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Not that much in it :D  .. 

19 minutes ago, moffman said:

I wish people would stop putting these on here! They look amazing and the more I see them the more I want one.......but i just can't justify buying one......yet! 

I second this notion!

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 5:25 AM, moffman said:

Its looking good👍 but don't you think because the body is pre-painted that you can't do something more individual even if it's just a little twist on the original (eg like a metallic black finish) its definitely going to be a stunning buggy maybe tamiya could have given people the choice? 

I agree with you! I do in fact prefer the ability to paint my own bodies for exactly that reason. What I meant was this time around, it was nice to jump right into finishing the body without having to paint over the weekend! Finished pics coming right up. 

• Like 1